The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra!

JamieP

Cheers guys, do you think the SVN's will work in Bronze? its the only colour i can get them in, i did want gunmetal.

You could always get them painted if you don't like the bronze.

Nice looking wheel apart from my pet hate. Double the number of bolt holes actually required.

Sounds great by the way.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys, do you think the SVN's will work in Bronze? its the only colour i can get them in, i did want gunmetal.

I wouldn't be too keen on bronze with a black car but that's just me. I really do like the SVNs but just not bronze. Get them delivered straight to Ibrar to change the colour, fit new tyres and then post on to you :D

I wouldn't be too keen on bronze with a black car but that's just me. I really do like the SVNs but just not bronze. Get them delivered straight to Ibrar to change the colour, fit new tyres and then post on to you :D

That is an option but im trying to keep to a sensible budget on this car mate.

Weren't Jevansio's RZ's in Bronze? The coloured seemed to work well on his black supra :)

:yeahthat:

His supra is a good one to look and and see if you like the colour combination.

Personally, I reckon the bronze/black will go nicely! :)

Slightly off topic question Jamie, how do you get on insuring it with the V8 engine in? I have found it increasingly hard to get insured on cars with different engines transplanted in.

This is a very good question.

Especially when you have to add the V8 has either a pair or big single turbo on it too :D

NB: SVN's look really nice 'bronze' will look good, but I also like the GS300's that you have on there already are they 19's?

Is that why you want to change them?

Edited by Pudsey (see edit history)

On insurance when i spoke to SKY.

They said they would insure the car as what ever the engine came out off. IE if you put a 2.5 tt soarer lump they would look at the price to insure that.

Don't want to clog up JP's V8 thread with this, but if they do this they must look at the price of insuring the doner car and then quadruple it based on the quote they provided me recently. But that said, in Sky's favour they were one of 2 insurers/brokers actually prepared to insure on a conversion (conversion as opposed to a modification) from around 30 or so contacted. Bloke I work with runs an old 105E ford angle box with a V8 in and says he and his mates really struggle nowadays to get cover on their cars too, whereas they never used to.