The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra!

JamieP

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very quiet tbh, you cant hear much of the V8 noise, i might put a slightly better flowing exhaust on it, not sure yet as im liking the quiet.

My business partner Stuart has very much took a shine to it, he is out in it now and i said he can take it to the boat this weekend as im playing in the black beast.

:D It would be a crime to cover a perfectly good engine with a poxy cover though!

Edit: Actually, I've still got it in the shed if you really want one.

Also worth mentioning it that this car started out as a TT auto, i dont know if they did anything with the TT auto diff but its a LSD and seems to match the gearbox nicely, geared well and at 80mph its just ticking over at about 2800rpm.

Also worth mentioning it that this car started out as a TT auto, i dont know if they did anything with the TT auto diff but its a LSD and seems to match the gearbox nicely, geared well and at 80mph its just ticking over at about 2800rpm.

I'd imagine that's a 3.769 diff Jamie, do you recall the rear tyre sizes? I should be able to work it out roughly...

If you still have them stick the advans on this supra . Best wheels for the supra imo. Why did they use the R154 box and not the getrag box , with the getrag being so much stronger ?

Apparently the Getrag is a pig to fit to the V8. also, R154 is strong enough for at least 400-500 lb/ft apparently. Plus, when this car was originally built, R154s were relatively cheap and plentiful. The gear change is also supposed to be nicer than the Getrag.

You are going to need to get some Coil on plugs units J for the engine when you turbo it. The dizzy and coil just only about cut it to about 8 psi.

Also i would 100% recommend making sure the car runs knock control with the stock compression ratio and a turbo. Be worth asking Lyndon which is the best firmware upgrade to go with this also as Links firmwares are known to fix one thing and break another. If they cant get the individual knock control on the ecu then sell it and get a Syvecs like most of the other V8 which are turbo'd as there is a reason why Fearless car had survived the ring twice now i believe and he is running 1.2bar on a T78!

Glad you finally listened on the V8 front but man why did you have to get a car that looks identical to mine!! Guess when all the youtube videos come out i can say yup thats me driving :D

Ryan

It should be a beauty then. I can't see them upgrading that and not the flywheel and gearbox extension housing. Is the prop a single piece unit ?

Yeah, single piece propshaft made by Dave-MAC propshafts

If you still have them stick the advans on this supra . Best wheels for the supra imo. Why did they use the R154 box and not the getrag box , with the getrag being so much stronger ?

Sold the Advans a while back, i like the GS wheels though.

Apparently the Getrag is a pig to fit to the V8. also, R154 is strong enough for at least 400-500 lb/ft apparently. Plus, when this car was originally built, R154s were relatively cheap and plentiful. The gear change is also supposed to be nicer than the Getrag.

Yup, R154 feels a lot smoother than my V160, nice tight box with smooth changes.

You are going to need to get some Coil on plugs units J for the engine when you turbo it. The dizzy and coil just only about cut it to about 8 psi.

Also i would 100% recommend making sure the car runs knock control with the stock compression ratio and a turbo. Be worth asking Lyndon which is the best firmware upgrade to go with this also as Links firmwares are known to fix one thing and break another. If they cant get the individual knock control on the ecu then sell it and get a Syvecs like most of the other V8 which are turbo'd as there is a reason why Fearless car had survived the ring twice now i believe and he is running 1.2bar on a T78!

Glad you finally listened on the V8 front but man why did you have to get a car that looks identical to mine!! Guess when all the youtube videos come out i can say yup thats me driving :D

Ryan

Cheers for the advice mate, will look into it.

nice jamie ben (UGP) is going to love you lol

Whys that?