The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra!

JamieP

Nice, i should imagine its quite an "Easy" conversion to do?

I dont know to much about them, still learning myself, I read its easy if using the autobox, can be a pita when trying to fit to a manual, thats the reason why i wanted this car, its been like this for years and proven to work well.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fearless and others seem to be doing ok so im just going to see what happens mate, the engines are so plentiful and cheap its not the end of the world if it lets go, as i say, Noel has loads of them in his yard.

Loads of them?

How much?

They are meant to be a nice swap on the Surf

whats the standard bhp of this engine then? i mean as it is now in the car?

Iirc thor claimed it to be 330rhhp, it does have a stand alone ecu fitted but id still say its closer to 280 fly bhp, will find out at the SRR dyno day.

Loads of them?

How much?

They are meant to be a nice swap on the Surf

He had 4 complete engines with Looms/ecu etc last time i was over there and he said he had another couple on the way, give him a call for price.

Did you buy it from a lady member from this forum, i remember having a gander at it during a meet a few years ago, btw have you found the windscreen bottle filler yet, i was buggered if i could find it, saying that it was a dark winters evening when i was checking it out.

Fearless and others seem to be doing ok so im just going to see what happens mate, the engines are so plentiful and cheap its not the end of the world if it lets go, as i say, Noel has loads of them in his yard.

I think Fearless is getting head lift so head studs and MLS gaskets appear to be a wise investment. You have the older engine and the thicker rods in that if memory serves/ Roger pulled it and visually inspected all the bearings before it went in the car. If the engine has not been out since i was there, it will have most of the prototype parts on it before Roger had the custom flywheel and clutch slave mounting spacer/adaptor upgrades. But then they would have needed testing on something and that and Rogers MKIII were the only cars in stock.

I think Fearless is getting head lift so head studs and MLS gaskets appear to be a wise investment. You have the older engine and the thicker rods in that if memory serves/ Roger pulled it and visually inspected all the bearings before it went in the car. If the engine has not been out since i was there, it will have most of the prototype parts on it before Roger had the custom flywheel and clutch slave mounting spacer/adaptor upgrades. But then they would have needed testing on something and that and Rogers MKIII were the only cars in stock.

I know its on its second adaptor plate, upgraded version apparently, its still the same engine.

welcome to the v8 club Jamie and its good to see the thor v8 still live and kicking.

though half the fun of the v8 swap is doing the swap yaself i sure do wish at times that i had bought one alreadfy done, saying that though when i started mine their was only 2 others, one being thor's.

if you havnt already, join up to lextreme, theirs loads of info on their.

Nice, i should imagine its quite an "Easy" conversion to do?

As Jamie mentions it's easy if you can get a Soarer V8 and auto box (The V8 from the LS400 is a real pain as the sump pan is in a different position, so wouldn't be cost effective to use). The manual conversion is the difficult and expensive part of this conversion.

Iirc thor claimed it to be 330rhhp, it does have a stand alone ecu fitted but id still say its closer to 280 fly bhp, will find out at the SRR dyno day.

When I spoke to Pete at Pod a couple of years ago he said the same, but I'd take that figure with a pinch of salt. One of the local guys did a similar conversion with a standalone and open pipes from the manifold, it made 290 flywheel hp on a dyno dynamics roller.

Nice one Jamie,

I really fancy doing something like this for My project. V8 turbo really appeals to me, so if an on the shelf turbo kit is made up count me in :thumbs:

The more people that take interest in a turbo V8 the better, it may interest Lee into making a turbokit, i can see Lee fitting one to his NA now.:D

you aint wasting no time .:thumbs:

looking forward to seeing this come together

Cheers mate, skirts and spats are coming off, got the rear arch trims and skirt pods, just need some front arch trims now.

welcome to the v8 club Jamie and its good to see the thor v8 still live and kicking.

though half the fun of the v8 swap is doing the swap yaself i sure do wish at times that i had bought one alreadfy done, saying that though when i started mine their was only 2 others, one being thor's.

if you havnt already, join up to lextreme, theirs loads of info on their.

Cheers for the info.

The more people that take interest in a turbo V8 the better, it may interest Lee into making a turbokit, i can see Lee fitting one to his NA now.:D

He mentioned it tonight when I dropped my motor at his.

He keeps mentioning about myself getting one.

Nice buy Jamie, looking forward to seeing this at the dyno day. You had your dilema about fitting a TRD spoiler to the black beast a while back, well now you can have both :)

Putting the body back to stock, may keep the bonnet, (but sprayed black) not sure yet.

He mentioned it tonight when I dropped my motor at his.

He keeps mentioning about myself getting one.

Thats another two turbokits:D

though half the fun of the v8 swap is doing the swap yaself i sure do wish at times that i had bought one alreadfy done.

Yeh I'm enjoying building mine up. There was only the Thor one when I started, now there's loads of the things! ha