The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra!

JamieP

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weren't they supposed to be 280bhp stock?

Lovely torque curve though, could imagine that being a bit quicker than a bone stock TT on the road.

260bhp stock i think, Mine is an LS400 engine although i think they are all the same.

That makes more sense then, 280 is the figure that's been thrown around on the forum lately but that must be wrong. I guess your 276bhp figure is pretty spot on then given the ECU change and exhaust, goes to show there's not a huge gain to be had out of them with the usual basic mods.

All very good to know these figures though, there's a lot of talk about what they "could" do, it's really nice to see some real figures from a proper dyno to show the actuals :)

That makes more sense then, 280 is the figure that's been thrown around on the forum lately but that must be wrong. I guess your 276bhp figure is pretty spot on then given the ECU change and exhaust, goes to show there's not a huge gain to be had out of them with the usual basic mods.

All very good to know these figures though, there's a lot of talk about what they "could" do, it's really nice to see some real figures from a proper dyno to show the actuals :)

276hp 268lb ft is what Toyota say they had from factory.

Once that exhaust is changed i reckon it will make another 10hp.

Its only 1.75" pipe in some places!!

They sound the nuts though! Thanks to doing your car it gave me the drive to work on mine last night and i think all the leaks are sorted so its ready for the dyno too.

Ryan

Wikipedia has this to say...

In its standard, original trim with 10:1 compression, power output is 191 kW (256 hp), torque of 353 N·m (260 ft·lbf).[1]

1UZ-FE

The engine was slightly revised in 1995 with lighter connecting rods and pistons and an increased compression ratio to 10.4:1 resulting in peak power of 195 kW (261 hp) and torque of 363 N·m (268 lb·ft).

In 1997, Toyota's VVT-i variable valve timing technology was introduced along with a further compression ratio increase to 10.5:1,[1] bumping power and torque to 216 kW (290 hp) and 407 N·m (300 ft·lbf). In the GS400 application, output was rated at 300 hp and 310 ft-lb of torque.

New 3" ebay exhaust turned up today, looks very nicely made, better than many branded exhausts ive seen, unfortunately its about 6" to long to fit the V8 Midpipe, im going to try an get over to powerflow tomorrow so they can mod the V8 midpipe, that way any supra exhaust will fit should i want to change in the future.

Also spotted the car has a big case TT6 diff which i was very happy to see in there:cool:

Just looking at new wheels for it, want something that will give it a tougher look, at present im thinking of going with the Rota SVN's.

attachment.php?attachmentid=133047&stc=1&d=1305913405

I reckon you should try your boost logic on it :eyebrows:

One ridiculous car is enough on the drive, think my neighbours would kill me if i made this silly loud an all.

rota_svn_r_on_z_0021.jpg

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

That looks like an XS power exhaust. Despite the bad rep XS get the exhausts actually seem pretty well made, they sound quite fruity too without being overly loud.

Big diff is always a benefit with your driving, a very nice bonus find :)