The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra!

JamieP

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears we have very similar taste! Glad your keeping it close to stock. Nice stance too, what suspension set up are you running? Stock?

Thanks, its on KYB shocks with Eibach Lowering Springs, its a bit hard for me though so will most likely change to a stock rear setup soon.

Thanks, its on KYB shocks with Eibach Lowering Springs, its a bit hard for me though so will most likely change to a stock rear setup soon.

I had mine on those too, but the rears started knocking, so replaced them with Mr Wilson's adjusted Bilsteins (with the existing Eibachs). Much better. :)

The car's looking smashing too.

out of interest is there much difference in weight between this and a TT supra?

The 1uz is a little lighter, the weight is further back an all, the only downside i see is the steering is to light to give decent feedback, im sure paul mentioned he turns his power steering off on the race cars for when they are moving, might look towards this, maybe the ecu can control the switch so the power steering turns off when im over a certain speed.

Looking good Jamie...

Question: Are the arches rolled? I am liking the way the rims are sitting on the car...

Thanks, rear arches are heavily rolled.

Looking great Jamie. Now sort the motor out!!

Yes mate, cetainly needs more power now, the stock 1uz na is a nice drive but does not cut it for me.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

The 1uz is a little lighter, the weight is further back an all, the only downside i see is the steering is to light to give decent feedback, im sure paul mentioned he turns his power steering off on the race cars for when they are moving, might look towards this, maybe the ecu can control the switch so the power steering turns off when im over a certain speed.

Jamie, there's a plug in the drivers side of the engine bay that controlls the power steering. Not sure exactly how it works but it is used to sense when you are over a certain speed and set the power steering. When my car was getting work many moons ago the fitter left it unplugged so I had motorway power steering all the time, making it more difficult to turn when stationary. It wasn't a tank or anything, just noticeably more difficult.

This could VERY easily be switched in order to turn it on off at your leisure. Simply break one of the connections with a switch to the cabin and bob's your uncle. Might make the difference you are after.

Very easy to check, just unplug it and see what you think. On the stock TT, as you face the car from the front, it's just to the left of tubby 1.