Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Dragonball has been and gone and my god did I have a good time, was an absolute blast, The Car ran faultlessly and we staid with the front group on multiple occasions. Being around all the Big power cars did make me crave more power even more but my love the car did get a little boost as she was a pleasure to drive on some of the awesome roads we covered.

Was a brilliant trip, met some great people, and caught up with some members I hadn't seen in a few years. Everything You could think off for a lads road trip happened, I hope next year I can make DB for a 3rd time!

She did acquire a couple of war wounds, my red dust caps got Chaved at Ashford, and the RMM lip got ripped of on a BIG bump on the motorway, :blink:. Was gutted but was a little funny in some ways as we didnt realise it had actually come off until we stopped for fuel 50 or so miles later. So if anyone want a polyurethane RMM lip there is one on the side of the motorway between Amsterdam and Rotterdam :p

So just had a bit of online shopping, new RMM ear less lip has been purchased, and some new Red anodised dust caps too. As I need her looking her best ready for the Bournemouth Show I have planned. Along with this I have now picked up a Tubular manifold from Slam to replace the first decat as I'm not to keen on the new sound, this has been modified and has a flex joint to get over the fitting issue these have when fitted to a RHD car.

She is absolutely filthy so tomorrow so major cleaning is due to go down.

attachment.php?attachmentid=201396&stc=1&d=1431961801

attachment.php?attachmentid=201397&stc=1&d=1431961801

Me and Luke (attero) I was the better Dick Dastardly, Sorry ellis but we know its right ;)

We certainly got some looks walking around the Amsterdam!

attachment.php?attachmentid=201398&stc=1&d=1431961801

Getting Lost with Abz

attachment.php?attachmentid=201399&stc=1&d=1431961801

attachment.php?attachmentid=201400&stc=1&d=1431961907

attachment.php?attachmentid=201401&stc=1&d=1431961907

attachment.php?attachmentid=201402&stc=1&d=1431961907

attachment.php?attachmentid=201403&stc=1&d=1431961907

attachment.php?attachmentid=201404&stc=1&d=1431962000

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So Since DB I haven't done a great deal, got a new RMM lip and fitted that as the other came of in the Netherlands, have picked up a tubular manifold, and new OEM gaskets which I need to get some different O2 sensors for and today have just collected a nice NA OEM LSD, so that will be getting a lick of paint and new fluid before fitting too.

Couple of pictures from Bournemouth wheels Show, and on the way home I grounded her out again and have lost the bolts on one side of the diffuser, so have ordered some nice red anodised ones for something a little different.

attachment.php?attachmentid=202203&stc=1&d=1433953969

attachment.php?attachmentid=202204&stc=1&d=1433953969

attachment.php?attachmentid=202205&stc=1&d=1433953969

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0305.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So Have had a change of heart for now. Im currently just over half way though my list of mods I wanted to achieve in 2015, and was happy with the progress. However there is a few little niggles with the car that are getting me down recently so mods are stopping apart from the bits already bought, and am tackling these niggles instead for the rest of the year.

So first was the diffuser, which I ripped a mounting out of on the way home from bournmouth wheels, so have redone all the fixings with new heavier duty and :cool: bolts.

I like them, even if they are a little marmite. Next on the diffuser Is to have a new rear bracket made for the exhaust side to a custom size, need to find someone to fabricate one to my spec.

Have also taken delivery of my recent purchse, as I MAY get rid of the OEM skirts, not sure yet. Going to have the redone to perfection and If I dont like them just sell them on. Got a bargain on them so can throw a little money at them.

Please ignore the dust and dirt, she needs a clean. Job for next week.

attachment.php?attachmentid=202428&stc=1&d=1434653228

attachment.php?attachmentid=202427&stc=1&d=1434653228

attachment.php?attachmentid=202429&stc=1&d=1434653228

DSC_0625.jpg

DSC_0626.jpg

DSC_0627.jpg

How are you finding the catback with the new manifold?

Your car doesn't need a clean compared to mine. I hate my new heap so much I've cleaned it twice since the start of March.

The tubular manifold isnt fitted yet, need to find out what o2 sensors I need first then its going on. I honestly wish I had left the exhaust alone atm. The weird noise does my head in and takes alot away from the driving experience, where as before I loved the sound. Some people who have heard it like it as it sounds turbo-esque.

Lol what you driving now?

Interesting that you were thinking of taking your skirts off the car. I was actually thinking about the same thing but im worried what I will happen if I take the rear spats off.

Are your OEM mate? If so when I removed mine it was fine underneath, just had to be very careful removing the sealant stuff.

The tubular manifold isnt fitted yet, need to find out what o2 sensors I need first then its going on. I honestly wish I had left the exhaust alone atm. The weird noise does my head in and takes alot away from the driving experience, where as before I loved the sound. Some people who have heard it like it as it sounds turbo-esque.

Lol what you driving now?

It's such a painful way to learn when you change something and then regret it instantly. Mine never made that noise when I had the manifold/1st decat so hopefully that will be the end of it for you.

I have a Seat Leon Cupra (not the R) it's dirty and silver and I hate it. the only thing it does have going for it is that it's a 1.8T so quite nippy.

It's one of those cars I don't really thrash too much, as I feel like I like more of a see you next Tuesday doing it in a pants car.

• 2 weeks later...
It's such a painful way to learn when you change something and then regret it instantly. Mine never made that noise when I had the manifold/1st decat so hopefully that will be the end of it for you.

I have a Seat Leon Cupra (not the R) it's dirty and silver and I hate it. the only thing it does have going for it is that it's a 1.8T so quite nippy.

It's one of those cars I don't really thrash too much, as I feel like I like more of a see you next Tuesday doing it in a pants car.

:D When you getting back into a supra mate?

So starting the work ready for the weekend at santapod. Major clean nearly finished the outside, still inside and under bonnet to do.

The picture is just a random snap while half way through.

attachment.php?attachmentid=202701&stc=1&d=1435759026

DSC_0666.jpg

So back from this weekends RWYB on Saturday and Japshow Sunday. Was a brilliant weekend and really enjoyed taking her up the strip for the first time. Got 5 runs in though out Saturday.

Was very hot at over 30'c and wind was not on our side but managed to shave off just over half a second from slowest to fastest pass.

My best for the day was 15.7 @ 86.36 mph but on one run despite having a slower et I did get a slightly higher mph of 87mph. Will definitely be doing it again. Need to work on my launches as all were above 2 seconds, and softening the suspension on the rear seemed to slow the car down which seemed weird to me.

Met a few more members around over the coarse of the weekend, and was shocked at the quantity of Supras there were, shame we didnt get our own stand as there was more than enough around to make a fairly decent size stand!

As the car performed great over the weekend I have treated it to a few new bits. Got some new engine bay boxes being made especially, having a few unique bits done to them like smooth welds, loom cut outs etc, and when they arrive I will have to do a couple of tweaks to allow the throttle cable to pass through them. Have also just got the ball rolling on having a custom top radiator hard pipe made for me as no one produces them. So have cut down a Top rad hoses and its being replicated to my spec.

Anyway a few random pictures from the weekend-

attachment.php?attachmentid=202871&stc=1&d=1436183838

attachment.php?attachmentid=202872&stc=1&d=1436183838

attachment.php?attachmentid=202873&stc=1&d=1436183838

attachment.php?attachmentid=202874&stc=1&d=1436183838

attachment.php?attachmentid=202875&stc=1&d=1436183838

attachment.php?attachmentid=202876&stc=1&d=1436184091

attachment.php?attachmentid=202877&stc=1&d=1436184091

attachment.php?attachmentid=202878&stc=1&d=1436184091

attachment.php?attachmentid=202879&stc=1&d=1436184091

attachment.php?attachmentid=202880&stc=1&d=1436184091

Then I had to get the pictures Santapod takes on the strip didn't I ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=202881&stc=1&d=1436184203

attachment.php?attachmentid=202882&stc=1&d=1436184203

attachment.php?attachmentid=202885&stc=1&d=1436184203

attachment.php?attachmentid=202884&stc=1&d=1436184203

And my favourite picture-

attachment.php?attachmentid=202883&stc=1&d=1436184203

Now to get it read for Wroxall Abbey as we got caught in Rain on the way home yesterday and it looks a right state :(

DSC_0670.jpg

DSC_0695.jpg

DSC_0700.jpg

DSC_0712.jpg

DSC_0717.jpg

DSC_0731.jpg

DSC_0738.jpg

DSC_0749.jpg

DSC_0750.jpg

DSC_0813.jpg

BA6E1030.jpg

BA6E1397.jpg

BA6E1398.jpg

BA6E1657.jpg

BA6E1658.jpg

One question.....HOW do you manage to put two lots of the same pic's all the time. Is it because your always ordering double cheese burgers

:D its probably because your looking at it on a phone. I upload them and then insert the address beetween the IMG tags like your suposed to ;)

Looked like it was fun Jake. Were the times roughly what you were expecting?

It really was fun, will definitely be doing it again. Not sure what I was expecting to be honest. iirc the forum record for a Na is somthing like 14.5, sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

So considering my best run was around a second over that with a 60ft time of 2.3 as she span of the line, meaning I had to ease off a tiny bit to kill the spin, combined with the conditions and the fact I had never done it before I was more than happy.

I was more interested in just having fun, and I more than did that, If I had been taking it seriously I would have removed the sub install etc as all those bits are not exactly light, Would recommend anyone having a go.

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

14.3 jake

Thanks for clarifying thought it was yourself who broke the record. :thumbs:

Your engine bay really is immaculate. No matter how many times I look at it, it looks amazing :)

Thanks matey, should be looking rather different soon, lots of new bits coming. Needs some more change.

Whats the exhaust scenario atm? Have you fitted the manifold yet?

Not done yet waiting for a few events to pass first after the events of last time. waiting to hear back from chris wilson for some new o2 sensors then I can fit it.

Also just been sent this by santa pod, they managed to capture a snap of it on the show and shine area.

attachment.php?attachmentid=202890&stc=1&d=1436200490

11703069_10153044707693528_3718779910753222081_n.jpg

Thanks steve it was a great sunset and considering plenty of beers had been sunk when taking them I was fairly happy too :D

Not sure if I'm bring the supra at the weekend or not. Depends if I get chance to clean it after work one day as the trip back from pod has made it filthy! Look forward to seeing yours too, want to take a closer look at some of this carbon! ;)

Jake iv got to ask where do you keep your number plate mate as I love the smooth clean look ?

In the boot Lol.

You cant get points for it, but you can get a fine. I have made a removable bracket but don't use it.

Going to have to do another soon as I have another front bumper ready to smooth and may do the bracket differently this time.

Just gave it a wash over to get rid of all the midland grime from last weekend :D That will have to do for wroxall abbey as I haven't the time to clean it properly.

Did however manage to waste a bit of time on polishing up the manifold, only spent about 30mins on it but 3 of the pipes are starting to shine again. Also ordered some O2 sensors yesterday so hopefully they fit and I can get it fitted soon.

If the polishing doesn't come up to the finish I want I'm going to get it zercotec covered, think it looks rather nice and would provide some heat shielding.

attachment.php?attachmentid=202938&stc=1&d=1436466546

attachment.php?attachmentid=202939&stc=1&d=1436466546

attachment.php?attachmentid=202940&stc=1&d=1436466546

DSC_0853.jpg

DSC_0854.jpg

DSC_0857.jpg