Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was never fitted to mine because it didn't fit under my supercharger bracket, so I rebuilt my damaged Autoban88.

A donk with your hammer will give clearance for the O2 sensor and a piece of wire and a soldering iron will sort the wire, however, my psychic abilities can't help with it being too short?

Edited by David P (see edit history)

It was never fitted to mine because it didn't fit under my supercharger bracket, so I rebuilt my damaged Autoban88.

A donk with your hammer will give clearance for the O2 sensor, my psychic abilities can't help with it being too short?

Oh was it not, ok. I have got no clue how this thing was ever fitted. Never heard anyone else report this from fitting an OBX. It has got a good 2-3" and with the exhaust on it hangers and the manifold bolted to the engine there just no way.

Its missing the necessary decat-

http://www.shop.tuningdepot.com/images/H11052(finished).jpg

At the end of my tether with the car, Not that its the cars fault but still

Doesn't the UK spec TT have a longer cat?

You could just cut the second decat an use one of these to bridge the gap till you can get it welded up.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251388626193&globalID=EBAY-GB

Doesn't the UK spec TT have a longer cat?

You could just cut the second decat an use one of these to bridge the gap till you can get it welded up.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251388626193&globalID=EBAY-GB

Bit of a bodge but it could be a solution. I put her back together now with the first decat instead.

Not sure which route Im going to take going to have to give it some thought. This OBX one is still going to need work with the O2 sensor situation too. Job for another day. Did also find a very small leak on the manifold-1st decat join too.

To make myself feel better I put the new engine bay boxes in and they do look really good, so happy with them.

I can't understand why that manifold would be made not to fit to standard mid pipe position. Are you sure that it is too short?

Yep after reasearch they are shorter from the factory and require their own bespoke second decat, bloody stupid if you ask me and somthing I want expecting. Justr had this confirmed by two other members who have had to have theirs extended.

sorry for a thousand posts im just recalling my experience... also if you nail this car with the manifold on and you still have the re circulation box between the actual air filter and the intake to the engine this will burn.... mine burned a hole right through, either twist the re circulation box out the way or heat proof the bottom

LOL comment over load!

So in order- Im going to the effort as funds had to go else where, and I only have a few thousand left, not enough, so its on hold again.

Re: it hitting the car it did look close but didnt look like it was going to fowl the car, had a little bit of room. If Im going to have it extended then I can have this recitifed anyway.

The burning of the resenator is not good though, maybe I can have a heat shield made up, this was somthing I was looking into anyway.