The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

She looks fantastic in those last two pics!

Wheels suit really well!

I cant wait to be settled home in Ireland to have piece to drive mine!

Reading and seeing pictures from threads like this really help with missing home and my cars!

Its funny even on youtube all you get is of people driving really hard, driving the life out of them! Cool n all but id rather see a nice quiet cockpit drive!

People keep at that craic ther wont be anyleft anyway :/

Keep up the good work maintaining her!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was considering that shifter, can't believe it was up for sale for so long!

What do you think of the fuel cap garnish's? I wasn't immediately convinced by the advert for those to be honest.

Got it for a bargain price too, never expected my offer to be accepted :D

They are alright, they are just stickers. I didn't see the original advert, but the guy got them here quick and they are genuine TRD so good enough for just a few pennies.

So not exactly an interesting update but anyway, just ordered my soldering iron kit to finally install the ignition cut, so hopefully will get around to that at some point. Also ordered some of this new 8D carbon wrap as my genuine carbon boot lip is looking sorry for itself and should prove a nice temp alternative. Will see what its like when it arrives, as I'm not a fan of normal carbon wrap. If its good the newly painted end caps will be done too as these are genuine carbon underneath too.

Oh and also gave her a full clean the other day, and am now reading up on how to use my camera properly so hopefully some nice pictures will follow.

So all my ordered bits showed up, so jobs to do again now! :)

Also some of you may have seen on the other thread, the car caught me out for the first time in 5 years of ownership! Lost it from a stand still luckily, minimal damage apart from to my pride :D Anyway tyres had two nicks in them but all good, thank god! Shes now back to health!

Started stripping down the new front bumper and this is off to paint this weekend. :D

Going to have a few extra bits done to this one to make removing the number plate that much easier, as its a bit of a faff currently.

attachment.php?attachmentid=204880&stc=1&d=1441732858

DSC_0552.jpg

Like the third one.

Have to say that after seeing the car at Meguiars, it left me thinking about what I can do to mine. Keep it going bud she is looking fantastic

Thanks mate, That was a good day.

That's better- it's whinging too :D

Smart Arse :D

Lovely pictures Jake, have you decided what you are doing with the car now?

I wouldn't TT it if it was me, it's too good as it is.

Stunning either way though.

Thanks mate, I had but situation has changed. Will know Tuesday as have two options to go for and need to decide asap. One option the car stays the other it goes and another build starts.

If you've been offered what you want for it then definitely consider it.

Also remember though, values 'should' keep going up.

Good luck either way :)

I am buddy its just sentimental attachment really and the fact its perfect in my eyes other than power.

The value thing isnt an issue as i would still have a supra.

If you sell up you'll regret it. You've got things how you want in your standards, to swap to a lesser car even if it does have more power is nuts unless you want to do it all again.

Maybe I do enjoy the building though, the problem is the car I have been offered isnt the colour I want and my dad is too full with work to fit a full respray in.

I got made an offer i couldn't refuse as everyone know, regretted it big time after a few months and wanted it back! Trust me jake, you WILL regret it after all the hard work that you've put in so far!

You may be right mate, I don't know, and I guess I wont until I try. Got a test drive on the potential car hopefully in the next couple of days, and I also have details on a turbo kit for this one! Big decisions to be done.

I bought some genuine carbon TRD end caps ages ago, and they were in a sorry state. Well I had them done in 199 but when offering up against my make-shift black ones I wasnt keen. So invested in some of the new style 8D high gloss carbon wrap, and have to say im impressed. Held next to my carbon diffuser it looks no different.

So I have wrapped my end caps now and will fit them at some point.

May try and wrap the boot lip too as the clear coat on that is poor.

Dont want to go ott with it but may add some little additions here and there with it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=205203&stc=1&d=1442936003

DSC_0950.jpg