Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bloody well hate you Jake. I've spent ALL day cleaning the engine bay and then I come on here and see this thread again and wonder why I bother :(. Seriously though mate, great work and the car is a credit to you and the hard work you put into it.

So Just got back from work and found a nice little parcel at the next door neighbours. :D

Has improved the interior no end, and next up will be new seats all round in genuine leather to match. Thinking Recaro Speeds and OEM rear bench re-trimmed.

Also thinking with the chrom on the badge it may be worth getting some dash rings too, what does everyone think as I have always been torn by them.

attachment.php?attachmentid=203728&stc=1&d=1438367632

attachment.php?attachmentid=203729&stc=1&d=1438367632

attachment.php?attachmentid=203727&stc=1&d=1438367632

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_1031.jpg

DSC_1032.jpg

Had another great day with the car today, sad thing is think its the last event I will be doing for at least a month now, unless I go to Beauliea tomorrow.

Also after sitting behind the wheel for 4 hours today I love the steering wheel, feels so much better than stock and much more modern.

Also while I was at Meguiar's I couldn't not make some purchases :D

And finally I have just bought ANOTHER yes ANOTHER 1st Decat. I cant be arsed to modify the tubular manifold, and I don't like my current one, god know why it makes the noise it does, maybe the flexi bit is deteriorating inside or somthing. The one I have just bought looks completly different so hopefully sound better.

attachment.php?attachmentid=203803&stc=1&d=1438466989

attachment.php?attachmentid=203804&stc=1&d=1438466989

attachment.php?attachmentid=203805&stc=1&d=1438466989

attachment.php?attachmentid=203806&stc=1&d=1438466989

attachment.php?attachmentid=203807&stc=1&d=1438466989

attachment.php?attachmentid=203808&stc=1&d=1438467014

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

Very nice Jake. Got to change my wheel up, it definitely gives it that more modern look. I think I have the 3 main dash rings for a pre-facelift kicking around. If I find them I'll PM you for address and send them out to you, that way it won't cost you anything if you don't like the look.

Also thinking with the chrom on the badge it may be worth getting some dash rings too, what does everyone think as I have always been torn by them

If you don't like the rings (I don't) but want the dash to look a bit more modern. Then you could always have them painted silver. I've done mine and think it looks good.

Very nice Jake. Got to change my wheel up, it definitely gives it that more modern look. I think I have the 3 main dash rings for a pre-facelift kicking around. If I find them I'll PM you for address and send them out to you, that way it won't cost you anything if you don't like the look.

Thanks Adam if you do happen to come accros them could you pop me a pm please?

If you don't like the rings (I don't) but want the dash to look a bit more modern. Then you could always have them painted silver. I've done mine and think it looks good.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z364/Thomo8568/3634D098-31CF-4CCE-AA1B-463ED0D7AA86.jpg

Not a fan of painted dash panels either it has to be said, each to their own I guess

Cars looking spot on mate my dad loves it, just need the gte head now ;-)

Thanks mate, one day...one day

In other news, i have started rubbing down my new diff, its nearly ready for paint, have bought some black and silver. Then its being fitted Wednesday :D Excited to feel the difference. hopefully make for faster launches

New decat on yet? I hope it makes a difference- although when I reverted to a decat, that was when the noise started (it was brand new too from Whifbitzs)

Nope not yet, still hasnt arrived, need to go get it from the depot. I still have the wifbitz decat fitted, the new one is a 2.5" but not a wifbitz, unsure on the brand but looks completely different so fingers crossed it should change the sound. All being well should be fitted tomorrow or the next day.

The backplate would have looked better polished. ;)

Might be a good idea to fit the missing second subframe mount whilst you're at it?

:D mirror polished would look gooooood

We are fitting it tomorrow so that wont be possible however would it be benifical to consider this later down the line?