The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

Looks great mate, have you treated the sills with anything prior to fitting the skirts? I've noticed a little corrosion on mine from 20 years of it being jacked up so many times!

Where did you get the battery terminal covers from by the way?

My sills have a little damage unfortunately from Toyota on the IOW jacking the car up, bent the jacking points. Thats the only area of corrosion I have. Does my head in though. :(

The terminal covers are OEM positive ones, shaved the + signs off and smoothed then painted :)

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah i thought the same about cracking, thanks mate i'll give that a try this weekend!

I use autogly spray on tyre dressing on it after a wash and dry. Do not wipe it in though, spray it on so its think and covered then just leave to air dry after about 20 mins it looks shiny. That above picture hasnt had any products on it since 2 months ago.

What did you use around your terminal s on your battery cover mate. Karen's got a cover,but it looks a bit rough. Ant chance of a pic with terminal caps off.

Sorry mate what part do you mean? You talking about how the metal cover is cut? Can grab a picture with caps off no problem

Sorry mate what part do you mean? You talking about how the metal cover is cut? Can grab a picture with caps off no problem

Um...the chrome battery cover has 2 holes for the terminal s to pop through. How did you finish the holes...rubber bungs?? If you can do a pic, that would be great.

Um...the chrome battery cover has 2 holes for the terminal s to pop through. How did you finish the holes...rubber bungs?? If you can do a pic, that would be great.

Ah I get you now, I used to have one with two holes in it for the terminals to pop though, I custom made it, it was stainless with a etched Toyota logo, sold it to a member on here and he's just re sold it. My current one doesn't have holes it basically is missing the corners so its a bit safer.

When I had the old one I used two red rubber rings to pop around the metal top so it protected it against the terminal.

Here is an old picture of my current one-

attachment.php?attachmentid=189685&stc=1&d=1407927922

You can see it has no corners to it to give plenty of clearance.

This is my old one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=145065&stc=1&d=1327602951

attachment.php?attachmentid=141530&stc=1&d=1321043672

I cut a slit in it to allow the battery clamp to pass though, then two holes for the terminal. 3 years ago now :blink:

Oh really :D. Good luck tidying it up. Got a little damage in my ownership, Sure you could just re cut the holes out a little bigger. Then re polish :)

Also pictures to follow tomorrow but side skirts are now back on! Look awesome once again. Got the End caps to put on tomorrow, and the underside bolts for the skirts.

hi there jake in new to the club as just bought my first supra also an na :) yours is looking amazing nice to see someone doping things properly and also experimenting with ideas of there own :) im also doing a big build on mine and your build tread just makes me want to get her done even more lol keep up the good work mate and cant wait to see the fresh skirts on :)

hi there jake in new to the club as just bought my first supra also an na :) yours is looking amazing nice to see someone doping things properly and also experimenting with ideas of there own :) im also doing a big build on mine and your build tread just makes me want to get her done even more lol keep up the good work mate and cant wait to see the fresh skirts on :)

Thanks for the kind words. Good luck with your build :thumbs:

And here she is with the skirts back where they belong. Also gave the plastics a coate of silocone hence why they are white atm. Boots not closed in the last picture hence why the pannel gap is huge :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=198524&stc=1&d=1425820680

attachment.php?attachmentid=198525&stc=1&d=1425820680

attachment.php?attachmentid=198526&stc=1&d=1425820680

attachment.php?attachmentid=198527&stc=1&d=1425820680

DSC_0507.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg

DSC_0512.jpg

Thanks and regarding the plate I honestly don't know mate. Im sure I'm on borrowed time. Been over a year now, been to loads of meets with police presence, passed loads of police and havent been spoken to yet. I do have a removable bracket just in case. Bit worried about foreign police, may go back on for db15.

You don't get points for not running one just a fine, but if I was to run a plate with dodgey spacing or type you can get points to. I have taken the risk as it doesn't involve points.