The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

Thanks and regarding the plate I honestly don't know mate. Im sure I'm on borrowed time. Been over a year now, been to loads of meets with police presence, passed loads of police and havent been spoken to yet. I do have a removable bracket just in case. Bit worried about foreign police, may go back on for db15.

You don't get points for not running one just a fine, but if I was to run a plate with dodgey spacing or type you can get points to. I have taken the risk as it doesn't involve points.

Jake

You will need to get a front plate on for Dragonball the French rozzers are hot on foreign cars that don't have them.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Busy day in between walking dead and ripping my garden apart today, I managed to get the the sub box done, and fitted a chromed bit to the fuel rail courtesy of Mr Rob Mitchel, and also fitted my PAS pulley. :)

Few more bits to do before Fast Show on Sunday

May even try wiring the sub in, but doubt I will get time to do that.

attachment.php?attachmentid=198947&stc=1&d=1426699547

attachment.php?attachmentid=198948&stc=1&d=1426699547

attachment.php?attachmentid=198949&stc=1&d=1426699547

attachment.php?attachmentid=198950&d=1426699547

attachment.php?attachmentid=198951&stc=1&d=1426699547

DSC_0599.jpg

DSC_0602.jpg

DSC_0604.jpg

DSC_0606.jpg

DSC_0608.jpg

This car is soooo clean!!

Liking the work on the sub box mate

:thumbs: thanks guys

Definitely going to put mine to shame on Sunday Jake. Really cannot wait to have another nosey at yours :p

Cheers buddy looking forward to sseeing your new one. Fingers crossed for good weather.

Looking good Jake :thumbs: can't wait to see it on DB!

Thanks Alex DB is going to be epic

Absolutely stunning. That engine bay is phenomenal and was the main point of conversation on our whole stand I think (which when surrounded by the other 3 Supra's, R34 Skylines and more that's quite something)

Was great to meet you, looking forward to the constant progress here :)

Absolutely stunning. That engine bay is phenomenal and was the main point of conversation on our whole stand I think (which when surrounded by the other 3 Supra's, R34 Skylines and more that's quite something)

Was great to meet you, looking forward to the constant progress here :)

Thanks Mate. Was nice meeting you. Was very happy with how much attention she drew, does go to prove Supras don't need 1000bhp under the bonnet to catch most peoples eye.

Just Fitted the new buttons. They look SO much better. look forward to testing it out at night to compare the LED's. They literately illuminated yellow before and comparing them to a new set I can see why! :blink:

Also quick picture of the new plate. Should complete the US theme of the car, need to source the Number plate surround I'm after now before fitting.

Look at the difference in colour!

attachment.php?attachmentid=199154&stc=1&d=1427115406

attachment.php?attachmentid=199155&stc=1&d=1427115406

attachment.php?attachmentid=199156&stc=1&d=1427115406

DSC_0763.jpg

DSC_0765.jpg

DSC_0767.jpg

Ah I get you now, I used to have one with two holes in it for the terminals to pop though, I custom made it, it was stainless with a etched Toyota logo, sold it to a member on here and he's just re sold it. My current one doesn't have holes it basically is missing the corners so its a bit safer.

When I had the old one I used two red rubber rings to pop around the metal top so it protected it against the terminal.

Here is an old picture of my current one-

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=189685&stc=1&d=1407927922

You can see it has no corners to it to give plenty of clearance.

This is my old one.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=145065&stc=1&d=1327602951

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=141530&stc=1&d=1321043672

I cut a slit in it to allow the battery clamp to pass though, then two holes for the terminal. 3 years ago now :blink:

Jake - regarding the top picture, where did you get the coloured bolts done for the throttle body/y branch etc, or did you get them painted?

So today I tackled my flat tyre issue, new one ordered and it being fitted hopefully as we speak, and the old girl is going to a members garage tonight for some service bits. The chaps very kindly helping me out. Forum Spirit is still very much alive :)

So tonight its getting an oil and filter change, and new brake fluid and pads. Pads do not need changing as they are not even a year old but I don't like them so changing back to OEM.

Tonight will also be the first time I have seen my new buttons illuminated :D

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

So yesterday was a bit manic, after and eventful time with the tyre I got that sorted. Then was nearly an hour late for my appointment to get it serviced.

Cant Thanks Cole on here enough, guy was brilliant to work with showing me the basics when it comes to brakes and he sorted a couple of little things while changing the pads too. Credit to the forum :thumbs: Cant thank you enough.

Anyway got a couple of pictures while she was up in the air.

Was the first time I had seen underneath properly since about two years ago and she is ageing a bit now. Still very clean for a 20 year old car but surface rust on parts.

Now looking into plans and I think this coming winter will see the underside getting some attention. Thinking new bushes, arbs, powder coating allot of bits etc etc.

attachment.php?attachmentid=199522&stc=1&d=1428089315

attachment.php?attachmentid=199523&stc=1&d=1428089315

attachment.php?attachmentid=199524&stc=1&d=1428089315

Oh and check out the fresh import in the background :drool:

DSC_0789.jpg

DSC_0790.jpg

DSC_0793.jpg