ripped_fear

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

So started the exhaust change, turned into a nightmare of a job but starting to take shape now. (see other thread for deatils.

Old one off new one polished up and hung in place, now to fit the de-cats properly and bolt it all up. Ordered some hangers from Paul today as the rear isnt on any hangers in the pictures just resting on the diffuser.

A few pictures from today.

attachment.php?attachmentid=200885&stc=1&d=1430947431

attachment.php?attachmentid=200886&stc=1&d=1430947431

attachment.php?attachmentid=200887&stc=1&d=1430947431

attachment.php?attachmentid=200888&stc=1&d=1430947431

attachment.php?attachmentid=200889&stc=1&d=1430947431

attachment.php?attachmentid=200890&stc=1&d=1430947461

attachment.php?attachmentid=200891&stc=1&d=1430947461

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

Thanks guys, have been using it a fair bit recently. Had it out the garage a few times a week.

Just managed to put a deposit on a torsen LSD too :D very happy as I know these are rather difficult to find these days and hoping it should improve the handling even more.

What diff has yours got? I thought most NA manuals had the AO1B torsen diff as stock?

What diff has yours got? I thought most NA manuals had the AO1B torsen diff as stock?

Nope mate AO1a is the common one, AO1B the torsen is bloody hard to find these days. The one I found turned out to be somthing else so has fallen though but may have found another.

Nice progress mate :thumbs: and reading your other thread about doing the change over sounds like you had fun & games!

Might just be the picture, but the one of the rear of the car while on axle stands looks like the exhaust tail pipe doesn't stick out far enough past the rear bumper.

Thanks guys, as said in the above post it isnt hung properly, no second cat is even in place just hung resting on the diffuser. Managed to get the first decat fitted another pain in the arse. Unsure as to how good one of the bolts is as IO have a horrible feeling even though it bit up tight it is not pulling the thread through the manifold. Lost day light now so will need to clarify tomorrow.

My O2 sensor which arrived today was kindly taken to the depot and kept at ransom untill tomorrow. :( Have had to cancel an outing with my other half saturday because of all these fun and games, but cant risk DB. Think I may be in the dog house, as tickets had already been purchased :taped:

Thanks guys, as said in the above post it isnt hung properly, no second cat is even in place just hung resting on the diffuser. Managed to get the first decat fitted another pain in the arse. Unsure as to how good one of the bolts is as IO have a horrible feeling even though it bit up tight it is not pulling the thread through the manifold. Lost day light now so will need to clarify tomorrow.

My O2 sensor which arrived today was kindly taken to the depot and kept at ransom untill tomorrow. :( Have had to cancel an outing with my other half saturday because of all these fun and games, but cant risk DB. Think I may be in the dog house, as tickets had already been purchased :taped:

Ah cool, looking forward to seeing it fully fitted!

Oh dear mate, typical post office ransom fail. But the other halves are never happy when trying to build a car. I've just moved house and I'll be starting my build again soon which she's already moaning about lol.

Ah cool, looking forward to seeing it fully fitted!

Oh dear mate, typical post office ransom fail. But the other halves are never happy when trying to build a car. I've just moved house and I'll be starting my build again soon which she's already moaning about lol.

You and me both mate. Oh are you fun begins again will be watching.

To be fair Grace (my partner) Is brilliant never questions anything I do or buy with the car. She accept its my hobby and supports it but I do feel bad on this account as its a show she was looking forward to seeing in London but I just cant see myself getting the time now.

Ok so getting there now, its all on there, however I have a strange noise which is either a leak from one of the gaskets or its vibrating on the heatshield under the car. Sounds hissing like almost sounds like a turbo spool lol. Rain has hit now so a job for tomorrow. Have had to drop the diffuser down which may make speed bumps even more fun :D But the can is so big its still touching. Ideally it should be cut just not sure I can start cutting into nearly a grands worth of carbon fibre :blink:

Also still having issue with the way its hanging still seems to be sitting high, the new hangers seem to hold it very close. But still making progress and all being well tomorrow she will be good to go again.

Also took the opportunity to clean a couple of bits up and dusted some matt black over some of the bits and pieces in the base of the engine bay to hide them and the OEM black seemed to be pickling off.

attachment.php?attachmentid=200929&stc=1&d=1431111556

attachment.php?attachmentid=200930&stc=1&d=1431111556

attachment.php?attachmentid=200931&stc=1&d=1431111556

attachment.php?attachmentid=200932&stc=1&d=1431111556

Also need to take this opportunity to say a massive thanks to trebor69 for sending me a sensor for piratically nothing, he has really got me out a hole. Great guy and credit to the club. :thumbs:

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

Cheers Shawn.

Maybe graham, I hope it isnt as I won't be happy. To me the noise doesn't sound like it is in the engine bay. Sounds more from under the car to me. Maybe wrong. No idea if its progressive yet ad I haven't taken it out yet. Just blipped the throttle on the drive way.

No I never had any videos of it mate. I just read about someone heat wrapping the crap out the flexi (you could do the from above although it will be a bit of a pita) that was going to be next route.

Ask Chris to record his, I'm do certain it's the same if you hve a Whifbitz twin box.

No I never had any videos of it mate. I just read about someone heat wrapping the crap out the flexi (you could do the from above although it will be a bit of a pita) that was going to be next route.

Ask Chris to record his, I'm do certain it's the same if you hve a Whifbitz twin box.

Well if this is how its supposed to sound I'm not happy. Sounds like crap. The exhaust note is nice! but there is no way I can live with the other noise. I did wrap the pipe and double wrapped the flex joint.

Its going round the corner to a garge in 30 mins Im fed up and is chucking it down now.

Right so all I have managed to do is succeed in wasting god knows how long. The exhaust shop said they though it was the second silencer breaking down inside so have just got home and swapped the exhaust over and its still there so It must be either de-cat one or two. So have no clue to what to do now, guessing I'm probably going to have to just grin and bare this noise on DB. Also unsure weather to swap the exhaust back to the wifbitz one or not now, as it was fowling on the diffuser.

Won't be decat two as it's just a plain pipe and I can't see how that would do it over a flexi pipe.

See this was my thinking, but the noise isnt there in the engine bay, but around the second decat its at its loudest. uploading a video now.

wrapping it doesnt seem to be doing anything, just redone the wrap but to no effect.