The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Less swearing please folks

Branners

"Crap" is not technically a cuss word, but a synonym for excrement. However, in the context which it is most used, "crap" is indeed a swear word - at least in the sense that if you're using it as a swear word, then it is one. It's up to you to decide whether it's a serious enough word to avoid using, or if it's just another four letter word that has no more meaning than any other. Your decision =]

I guess it's because your Ginger.......

Back all ready? Did God remove the ban? :p

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol il guess soon mentioning GOD will get me banned, but on the other hand I played fight night champion, COD and joined stance nation forum plus I found other FREE supra forums. Then I went to the gym did boxing and weights.

Lol il guess soon mentioning GOD will get me banned, but on the other hand I played fight night champion, COD and joined stance nation forum plus I found other FREE supra forums. Then I went to the gym did boxing and weights.

So once you realised they're nowhere near as good as this forum, you came back?

Are you fishing for a ban? :D

Seriously though mate, don't say something you'll end up regretting :)

"Crap" is not technically a cuss word, but a synonym for excrement. However, in the context which it is most used, "crap" is indeed a swear word - at least in the sense that if you're using it as a swear word, then it is one. It's up to you to decide whether it's a serious enough word to avoid using, or if it's just another four letter word that has no more meaning than any other. Your decision =]

I guess it's because your Ginger.......

Did you copy and paste the first part Jazz? Looks like a google search to me, especially as the word "cuss" is used (an American colloquialism). It's either that or someone else wrote it as you won't know what half those words mean, nevermind be able to spell them.

Anyway, it won't be classified as swearing as it isn't offensive. A "cuss" word, or curse word to use the expression properly, is a term used in a negative fashion towards a person or situation. It can be anything deemed offensive by the person recieving it or reading it, in my opinion. Of course this is where common sense comes into play, we all know the obvious swear words, which I presume are what carries an instant ban, while the lesser, grey area, words will most likely be pointed out as inappropriate. I used a simple example, we enjoy Friends, and I think most pre-watershed shows will be a good example of the level of language appropriate for everyday use.

How about forum bullying ban first?

What do you class as bullying Jazz? Is getting laid flat out in a pub after calling all Scots "ginger" being bullied? I'm honestly curious as you seem to want to pull out the "victim" card very quickly, yet you are happy to cause offence yourself. If you want to use the victim card I would suggest not replying when you feel you are being "bullied" and simply point it out to a moderator, when you reply you are getting involved.

Stereotyping is easy bud, I wouldn't lower myself to your level as I wouldn't want to offend the other Asian members on the forum. I would honestly recommend you are careful with what you say regarding other peoples race/nationality though as it could end up rather messy on this forum.

You'd have a problem there. Max Power folded a while ago :)

Oh ye, your right. I'm thinking 'fast car' or similar, either way its a waste of paper, has no facts in it and focuses on how shiny things are and calling them a variety of swear words in order to look cool (a bit like when I was at school back in the day).

I agree on the swearing, it's just not needed around here. The swearing and the idiotic thread titles are bugging me at the moment :(

I'd basically go with if you wouldn't put the word in a formal letter, putting it on here wouldn't be a great idea either.

They didn't give me a window :(

You're in the basement with The Interesting One and Michael too??