The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Less swearing please folks

Branners

Can we have a phookin answer please :innocent:

I can't see a difference between actually spelling the work and heavily implying the word. It is still the same meaning simply spelt differently. Where does one draw the line otherwise?

I blame my g/f. I was such a nice boy before I met her :cry:

I blame her too. I too was such a nice boy before I met your girlfriend... :D

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swearing is a more common thing in the language the british speak these days. It's no surprise if an 8 year old is able to swear his/her guts off. My next door neighbours had children who were 8 before they moved away and they swore violently all the time. Thank god they moved. Annoying brats.

There is almost never a need for it so if you can cut it out please.

Well said. :)

Replacing a few letters of a particular swear word with symbols or different letters is unacceptable in my opinium as we all know what it is in including I would say any youngsters browsing the forum.

Maybe time to impose infractions on to frequent swearers?

That would liven things up.

Does this include terms such as fecking etc ie not real swearing.

It's a derivative though. It’s just as bad as its counterpart IMO. Just because the letters are changed around doesn’t mean it’s better. Probably the same as sticking in things like *&!%$)&^%

I do swear a lot but not in front of my children. When I post, I type it as I would have said it if someone was in front of me....;)

Therefore if I treat you all like children, I'll probably not swear at all in my posts......:)

H.

Does that mean if I'm naughty you'll come and smack my botty? :sly: