The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Less swearing please folks

Branners

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is 'hell' swearing? What about 'bleedin' or 'sod' or 'bloody'. Swearing is ok if in the right context imo. And let's get this straight, this is NOT a kids board. It is for adults who drive Supras! And if kids want to get in on the Supra world or any blokey world where blokes do blokey things then they'd better get used to blokey behaviour ie the odd swear word every now and then.

Is 'hell' swearing? What about 'bleedin' or 'sod' or 'bloody'. Swearing is ok if in the right context imo. And let's get this straight, this is NOT a kids board. It is for adults who drive Supras! And if kids want to get in on the Supra world or any blokey world where blokes do blokey things then they'd better get used to blokey behaviour ie the odd swear word every now and then.

Sits back and waits for the ladies to comment on this :D :Popcorn:

Sits back and waits for the ladies to comment on this :D :Popcorn:

Too right!....and had to refrain from swearing too!.. blokey world indeed!!:p

Have to say that i for one hate it when swearing is used for no reason, when i'm at work and blokes put the F word between every other word, i just take a much lower opinion of them, sounds so common.

Unfortunately your signature means that you've currently got 1,164 "fooking"s to your name, so you're probably the most sweary member here :D Sweet, sweet irony :cool:

• 9 months later...
Bumping this - as there's a return of unneccessary swearing, (I'm also guilty of this), so let's just keep an eye on our language.

:innocent: I may be guilty of having a bit of a rant over the last couple of days and subsequent filth has passed my lips fingers. I will endeavour to keep a lid on it for a while..!!

H.

• 2 months later...

well it seems swearing has become fashionable on the forum again. It needs to stop completely. If you wouldn't use the word infront of your mum or kids then do not use it on the forum.

I'm going to head back to a zero tolerance on this shortly which will mean 24 hour bans in the first case and longer bans for repeat offenders.

congratulations, thats a 7 day ban.

I do not want to hear excuses that French Connection use it all the time. You know exactly what you were doing when you did it and the meaning behind it.

Lol haha did he seriously get banned:rlol:.

Lol haha did he seriously get banned:rlol:.

Yep, and for 7 days. Happy to do the same for anybody else that starts to take the mick on this.

I also believe that French Connection UK branding is the most inappropriate chavtastic brand ever produced. I cannot believe it has been allowed to get as far as it has and appear on quite so much clothing worn by quite so many chavs. It does not disguise the word at all and has brought that word in to the minds of so many children before they needed to know what it was.

So, he was made an example of, I will pick off others if they push their luck.