The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Less swearing please folks

Branners

I got by first infraction for swearing in '08 :), I then got another 2 for Insulting other members and inappropriate behavior(I think that was in an old Hovis thread:innocent: ).

You seem oh so proud of the infractions. Like ASBOs to chavs :D

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can swear just like anyone else in private but I won't do it in public.

Wouldn't it be much better to ban swearing altogether with a zero tolerance approach, giving the offenders firstly a warning then a permanent ban?

The members on here that are the most knowledgeble, contribute the most in a positive way to the forum and who I have respect for just don't swear at all.

I fail to understand why some people think it's acceptable to use a swear word with a few of the letters replaced with symbols, acronyms too. It just gives them a licence to swear on here whenever they like.

I can swear just like anyone else in private but I won't do it in public.

Wouldn't it be much better to ban swearing altogether with a zero tolerance approach, giving the offenders firstly a warning then a permanent ban?

The members on here that are the most knowledgeble, contribute the most in a positive way to the forum and who I have respect for just don't swear at all.

I fail to understand why some people think it's acceptable to use a swear word with a few of the letters replaced with symbols, acronyms too. It just gives them a licence to swear on here whenever they like.

Totally agree.

About f**king time this issue was addressed.

See, you always get them...

so thats another one with a 7 day ban.

I'm not messing about here folks. It is so far out of hand that people now think it is acceptable to ignore the moderators and to joke about it.

We will not allow the forum to degrade to the point where only the chav fraternity find it the place to be. We have lost too many members already for me to let that happen. We will keep the standards high and will continue to expect everybody to meet those standards.

About ******* time this issue was addressed.

What is it with some people...:rolleyes:

The thing is, swearing on the forum or on any site is deliberate, you have to type the word so you have to think about it before you write it.

If the rules say no swearing its not really very hard to abide by it is it.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

What's going on here then?? I hardly post on here anymore (ironically for reasons I am happy to see being addressed).

Axle/Jazz1 I'm very surprised by your posts. You two were one of the few decent people on here. Has there been some big issue I've missed?

What's going on here then?? I hardly post on here anymore (ironically for reasons I am happy to see being addressed).

Axle/Jazz1 I'm very surprised by your posts. You two were one of the few decent people on here. Has there been some big issue I've missed?

Nope - just that the forum owner is keen to maintain the high standards that a forum about a Supra deserves. I fully agree with him. The better we make the forum, the better we make the people who attend the events.

Nope - just that the forum owner is keen to maintain the high standards that a forum about a Supra deserves. I fully agree with him. The better we make the forum, the better we make the people who attend the events.

Fully agree. No one wants that breakdancing/drifting goon and his like to attend!

I truly applaud Branners for doing that. Really do. May check in more often if I notice the place has really improved. Lost a lot of long term members because of this. He has my respect anyway. Should have happened a long time ago but I won't say more than that.

I truly applaud Branners for doing that. Really do. May check in more often if I notice the place has really improved. Lost a lot of long term members because of this. He has my respect anyway. Should have happened a long time ago but I won't say more than that.

I must admit that i have not been on here as much recently and thats mainly down to the attitude and some peoples language on here.

He was banned for self censoring himself? odd.

I know Axle pretty well, and i can tell you he is a very decent and intelligent bloke. Infact he is one of the few on here who make efforts with his grammar. His humour may not always be well read by some but i can tell you now swearing is one of his pet hates on this forum as he has two young children.

Other then and he wont thank me for saying it but since his banned now what does it matter but his a quiet man and never one to brag but his working on a Supra which many would take pride in.

I enjoy browsing this site more then any other but this is a bad call branners. Welldone on a great site but youre getting rid of your best members at this rate.

He was banned for self censoring himself? odd.

I know Axle pretty well, and i can tell you he is a very decent and intelligent bloke. Infact he is one of the few on here who make efforts with his grammar. His humour may not always be well read by some but i can tell you now swearing is one of his pet hates on this forum as he has two young children.

Other then and he wont thank me for saying it but since his banned now what does it matter but his a quiet man and never one to brag but his working on a Supra which many would take pride in.

I enjoy browsing this site more then any other but this is a bad call branners. Welldone on a great site but youre getting rid of your best members at this rate.

It may have been a joke or a light hearted attempt at humour but 2 other people did the same thing and got banned so why would he think it would be ok?

We shouldn't need it.

Very true sir, but it would save yous the hassle of having to find and edit the posts. At least then yous know there aren't ANY swear words on the forum if someone slips up by accident and yous don't spot it! :)

It may have been a joke or a light hearted attempt at humour but 2 other people did the same thing and got banned so why would he think it would be ok?

Agreed !! and why take the risk, especially about the number of warnings branners has given, surley its best just not to post something that could ban you?