The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Less swearing please folks

Branners

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I play COD for most of the evening and missed all the "big stick" action...!!:(:blink:

As did i..

COD is great for venting angry thoughts and words :D

Funny thing is people who get banned probably end up playing COD as they can't get on the forum :D

I ended up going on the old PS2 game "Hit Man" earlier, I forgot how great that game is :)

Hit man what a game! I managed to buy it after it got banned. Everywere took them off the shelf. Except one place.. And out of all the places in the world it was ToysRus i managed to but it from lol..

I think you're thinking of Manhunt. Hitman didn't get banned did it?!

I think you're thinking of Manhunt. Hitman didn't get banned did it?!

I've also got Manhut, which allows gamers to put bags over people heads to suffocate them to death. What a game :D

I know Hit Man got recalled at one point, as there was a level where you kill a load of Sikhs which was later deemed racist. But I've got the copy before they removed that level, which is a great level with lots of shooting action and mayhem :)

I've also got Manhut, which allows gamers to put bags over people heads to suffocate them to death. What a game :D

I know Hit Man got recalled at one point, as there was a level where you kill a load of Sikhs which was later deemed racist. But I've got the copy before they removed that level, which is a great level with lots of shooting action and mayhem :)

I was unfortunate enough to miss out on that game! :( still MW2 terrorist level is ok... And yes online play is GREAT to vent anger and stress after work! Or working on my Peugeot 207 gt.... yes I said peugeot 207 gt.... :D supreme supra next though ;)

I agree that we shouldn't be swearing, but what words constitute as swearing? I mean, if the P word is banned, then is the CR word banned? That could be taking things too far surely?

Imo the p word is a swear word. If my girl said it I wouldn't be happy. As for cr, I personally wouldn't be too bothered but some people may take offence.

I think common sense should prevail (jazz's downfall), blatantly overstepping the mark is the offence, I think a minor slip would be pointed out rather than wrath of mod. It's hardly a death sentence though is it? If you're banned for being silly then take it on the chin and get on with it/learn from it.

In saying that there does seem to be a lack of common sense in the population lol.

Is 'hell' swearing? What about 'bleedin' or 'sod' or 'bloody'. Swearing is ok if in the right context imo. And let's get this straight, this is NOT a kids board. It is for adults who drive Supras! And if kids want to get in on the Supra world or any blokey world where blokes do blokey things then they'd better get used to blokey behaviour ie the odd swear word every now and then.

:thumbs:

This is quite a tricky topic. the filter does block it. but if its zero tollerance people need to know where the line is so they dont step over it by accident.

Personaly as far as rude words go i would say it would count as words you wouldnt say infront of your parents. however everyones parents are different!

The P word and the CR word i would say infront of anyone. i dont see how they are offensive. Are other words for the same thing banned also?

Bit scared to post my opinions now incase one accidently slips out :S

Please don't push the boundaries. Someone already received a week ban, by trying to clever.

I wasn't pushing the boundaries at all. As Scott stated "cr*p" shouldn't/wouldn't be considered a swear word so I was letting "safcdixon" know what the word was without actually saying it just in case it wasn't liked..

One of the good things about this forum is that text language and swearing are rare and not encouraged. If I wanted to read rubbish language and swearing I would pick up a copy of Max Power.

You'd have a problem there. Max Power folded a while ago :)

One of the good things about this forum is that text language and swearing are rare and not encouraged. If I wanted to read rubbish language and swearing I would pick up a copy of Max Power.

:yeahthat:

The standard of language accepted/ generally used on the forum is a real asset to the club IMO, one of many reasons why many people stay on long after they've sold their Supra.

I'm sure 'crap' is fine guys, it's used plenty pre-watershed in friends afterall. I was just using it as an example, seems to have turned into a debate lol.

"Crap" is not technically a cuss word, but a synonym for excrement. However, in the context which it is most used, "crap" is indeed a swear word - at least in the sense that if you're using it as a swear word, then it is one. It's up to you to decide whether it's a serious enough word to avoid using, or if it's just another four letter word that has no more meaning than any other. Your decision =]

I guess it's because your Ginger.......