The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Less swearing please folks

Branners

Yep, and for 7 days. Happy to do the same for anybody else that starts to take the mick on this.

I also believe that French Connection UK branding is the most inappropriate chavtastic brand ever produced. I cannot believe it has been allowed to get as far as it has and appear on quite so much clothing worn by quite so many chavs. It does not disguise the word at all and has brought that word in to the minds of so many children before they needed to know what it was.

So, he was made an example of, I will pick off others if they push their luck.

couldn't agree more, I find it bizzarre that our society lets it through and the media agencies think its genius.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other then and he wont thank me for saying it but since his banned now what does it matter but his a quiet man and never one to brag but his working on a Supra which many would take pride in.

Only a 7 day ban chap... not a permaban

It may have been a joke or a light hearted attempt at humour but 2 other people did the same thing and got banned so why would he think it would be ok?

Was he banned for the swearing or being the third to attempt a very poor joke with moderators who are not in the mood?

I like a badboy ;)

You like all boys..!!:eyebrows:

H.

hum? agree with the swearing thing to a point but what i cant understand is the whole kids thing? do kids use this forum? if so fair enough i guess

It's available for kids to view, yes.

But, keep the standards high and the quality of member stays high.

I enjoy browsing this site more then any other but this is a bad call branners. Welldone on a great site but youre getting rid of your best members at this rate.

He saw me ban somebody in exactly the same thread for doing exactly the same thing? I have to admit I was surprised too, but as I put on the ban message he got, what did he expect? It was never going to be allowed as we had clearly stated what the outcome would be.

This is not a joke thread, we are serious about this and the level of stupidity that has been shown by those who got banned for swearing in this very thread amazes me.

I lay down the rules, I always have done, and perhaps I have eased off too much so that people forget how I work, but if I decide it is time to change peoples language when they cannot moderate it themselves then that rule is enforced.

Suprahuman and Axle both got 7 day bans which will expire and they can come back. A perma ban is the last resort but will be taken if needs be.

i'm sure people come on here with their children looking over their shoulder. and yes, maybe children do use the forum, if they're interested in performance cars why on earth not...?

ive got no problem with watching my mouth and also no problem with kids being on the forum buddy i was simply asking.

hum? agree with the swearing thing to a point but what i cant understand is the whole kids thing? do kids use this forum? if so fair enough i guess

It is not just about kids viewing the forum, but that has to be borne in mind. The search engines out there scan every single post in the public sections of this forum. Enough inappropriate content means we get noticed and suddenly find outselves on the list of sites blocked by the big web scanners. It is also about respect for other members who do not want to read inappropriate language when there is absolutely no need for it.

Its JB's forum and out of respect we should behave as he wants, in fact I don't find swearing in 'real' life particularly shocking although I try not to swear in front of women or kids but it sort of seems to flow in conversation, whereas its more 'premeditated' if its typed, strange thing is (and I did go to public school) imo posh people swear a lot more in general than the rest of the population and it seems to be accepted !!!!

Its JB's forum and out of respect we should behave as he wants, in fact I don't find swearing in 'real' life particularly shocking although I try not to swear in front of women or kids but it sort of seems to flow in conversation, whereas its more 'premeditated' if its typed, strange thing is (and I did go to public school) imo posh people swear a lot more in general than the rest of the population and it seems to be accepted !!!!

Really, surprising cause in London its the riff raff that struggle to string a sentence together without at-least a couple of profanities. The younger they are the worse it is.

Been to Barnsley lately anyone?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/01/barnsley_ban/

The good burghers of Barnsley had better watch their mouths for the next month, because anyone caught effing and blinding in an intimidatory fashion could be slapped with an 80 quid on-the-spot fine.

The month of June promises to be relatively -free in the town centre after South Yorkshire Police and community organisation Barnsley Voice got together and came up with the latest initiative to tackle anti-social behaviour.

Glad that this thread (and our hard-working mods) exist!

I received a well-deserved infraction for referring to myself as having "dubiously legitimate parentage", which reminded me that we all need to reconsider the need to use even humourously-intended profanity.

Suffice to say, I've taken a long hard look at myself and my need to prefix / suffix phrases with unnecessary uncouthness. :)

Barnsley! The only place on earth that wants to be the centre of a terrorist attack because the council can't afford to improve it any other way.

Agreed. Drove though it on a moonlit night about a month ago and i swear the populace were out in droves throwing rocks at the strange glowing thing in the sky.

Could be worse though, Gainsborough (Lincs..) is a place that even 'Time' avoids, based on the what I've seen there over the last 20 years, or lack of......

Agreed. Drove though it on a moonlit night about a month ago and i swear the populace were out in droves throwing rocks at the strange glowing thing in the sky.

Could be worse though, Gainsborough (Lincs..) is a place that even 'Time' avoids, based on the what I've seen there over the last 20 years, or lack of......

That applies to much of Lincolnshire :D

That applies to much of Lincolnshire :D

Can't Argue with that statement! If a film was to be made of the county I think it would be called something along the lines of...

'The Flat land that Time forgot'

Still best show my local patriotism, Lincs >>>> Yorkshire!!! :p

Not to be antagonistic or seek the wrath of the mods but can I ask for a lil bit of clarification?

Is swearing :

a) Allowed in the closed sections - Members Chat, NSFW?

b) Acronyms like w** and m**u be allowed? Or just like the French Connection are just a play on words and hence frowned upon?

Or is it as I just thought earlier, a general banket request and so anything you wouldn't say in front of your mother/children shouldn't appear in any of your posts?

Cheers.

zero tolerance

I hope so, it's much easier and clearer that way.

The people who do swear are in a minority so why should they be allowed to spoil it for the rest of us!

It's fair enough giving them one or two warnings before they get some sort of ban.