The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

little change of direction.will now be using the original na intake just modified .reason being it seems easier to route the intercooler pipes,plus throttle body will be underneath the intake.

will also be refitting the na rocker covers.

another reason is to make it more na friendly,not having to get different intakes ect.

still waiting for the crank pulley to arrive before i can crack on the the mounting bracket for the charger.

just tried fitting the double pulley.it isnt right the bolt is pulling the pulley in too far.it needs more machining so it wont pull in further.also found that the supercharger belt will hit the tensioner.fitted a smaller pulley on the tensioner which is ok apart from it over laps the supercharger pulley by 2mm.going to have to go hunting scrap yards for a wheel that does the job properly.Ideally i should of had a step out from the auxillary pulley to the supercharger one.trial and error is getting expensive now.

Are you keeping a list of the costs-to-date?

R&D is always the most expensive part of any project. Once you're up and running I'm sure you can make it back by putting together your own S/C kit. If I haven't gone TT by then (and the power/performance makes sense) I would definitely be interested!!!

Are you keeping a list of the costs-to-date?

R&D is always the most expensive part of any project. Once you're up and running I'm sure you can make it back by putting together your own S/C kit. If I haven't gone TT by then (and the power/performance makes sense) I would definitely be interested!!!

stopped keeping count of the total cost,only keeping track of finished costs.im on the third supercharger so not counting the previous 2.to be honest it should come in les than £2000 completed.

ive spent around £2500 so far.

Looks good, But has the new pully got the same lines where the belt goes on. Not sure of the technical term for that. Prob looks different from the pic to real life. :)

they do line up its identicle to the original.its just an illusion which was throwing me out when i put it on.

Just my wicked humour, I love spending other people's money :)

i dont mind spending if its needed.:tongue:

Probably just because its clean in comparison. Nice shoes by the way. :)

thats what i put it down to.even rang the company up saying it looked wrong.but i had to eat humble pie and rering them and say i was wrong.:(

they are great to deal with and very helpfull ,had it made at cdf racing.they do all the pulleys for the mk4 supra lightend if you want.quality seems pretty good aswell

looks smart, what comes next? apart from a patio heater, how do you work outside at this time of year? Since leaving the army its my life long plan to never get cold again.

it gets annoying but have to make the best of what ive got.engine be coming out over christmas so lots of coffee.the cold donth bother me just the damn rain.

a bit more progress today.sorted the problem with the pulleys.basicly i bashed the centre of the tensioner pulley out and ground the tensioner a bit.now it all lines up .will have to get another wheel pressed out as its not running true.been stripping the engine in the car to enable better trial fitting it fits in the space perfectly.just the oil filter housing problem to deal with.i have about 6cm from the block to the charger where the housing wants to be.really stuck on this bit.

i also nned to get a 90 degree elbow weld to the outake pipe from the bypass valve.originaly the pipe was facicing the other way.

18122009153.jpg

18122009154.jpg

18122009155.jpg

18122009156.jpg

18122009157.jpg

18122009158.jpg

18122009159.jpg

18122009160.jpg

18122009161.jpg

18122009162.jpg

18122009163.jpg

18122009164.jpg

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)