The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the rain stayed away for most of the day so i descided to try and make the bracket for the tensioner.after a bit of head scratching it all came together and fits a treat.thats the bit i was dredding to be honest as space is minimal around the charger area.

need to sort out the issue with the oil light tomorrow now.

01052010520.jpg

01052010521.jpg

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

another set back car has now developed a screech very loud but not there all the time.i took cam covers off and wiped cams and everything clean refited and run the engine for a very short time,then took it all back off and oil is getting up there,not sure its enough though.

the screech isnt anything to do with alternator,pas pump or water pump as i started it quickly with the belt off and it was still there.

this now means charger off completely again to check the oil adapter by refiting the standard housing.if that dont do it then im going to get another engine that i can hear running and try again.

O thats just crap Brendan, I take it from your post, you think the engine itself might be the problem then

I would assume it would be a big job to revert back to standard set up and test the engine ?

the only thing different is the oil adaptor that bolts to the block.not sure about the engine but its an option to just wack another one in that i know is running and wont be sat around for ages,as i can put it in the day it comes out.

would the oil pump make the sort of noise im talking about if it was knacked

i know for experience that the charger can rattle a lot if the tension on the belt is not set correctly.

but if was not running one less problem.

If nothing was connected, it just lives the oil pump, timing belt tensioner, or engine.

Have you checked the timing belt tensioner?

i know for experience that the charger can rattle a lot if the tension on the belt is not set correctly.

but if was not running one less problem.

If nothing was connected, it just lives the oil pump, timing belt tensioner, or engine.

Have you checked the timing belt tensioner?

didnt think about that tensioner,the noise is definately from the front somewhere.how do you check that though is it just a case of change it and see.if it is that how much are they.

another question ,the engine is smoking badly ticking over slight rev and the black smoke bellows out,would this just be becuase its not set up and over fueling.

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

didnt think about that tensioner,the noise is definately from the front somewhere.how do you check that though is it just a case of change it and see.if it is that how much are they.

think the only way would be removing the tensioner and test it.

they are not that expensive, £28,90 from this site http://www.japanesecarimports.net/parts.asp?page=2&cat=89&sub=1354&sec=0&var=0&dc=&gen=&searchKey=.

I’m not sure if I still have my old pulley from when I made a service on mine, the tensioner was in good cond, but I replace it anyway.

You can have it for free If I find it.

spent all day on it today with buster,we fitted the stanard oil filter housing light still on and not much oil flow.we then took cam covers off to see what oil was coming out of the cams.what a bummer as oil is only flowing from one cam,the oil cap side has hardly any oil getting to it.So now desperate for another na engine that is definately running fine.

think japfest is now out the window:(