The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont no.are you saying that the engine i just bought for £200 was given away to start with.i hope not.

No, I gave him a GS300 quite some time ago, but it could be just a coincidence. The GS300s 2JZ is slightly different to the Supras (IE i'm sure the sump is different) He had an NA Supra so it's quite possible it's from that.

Besides which, I donated it to him for parts or to use as I felt sorry for him after the trouble he had with his last Supra, so I have no problem with him selling bits on.

Given the Unknown nature of the new engine ,and your previous engine ,it may be worth flushing the oil system out

knock up a mix of Derv/ATF/cheap oil , slightly overfill and run just above idle for 5-10 mins

Dump the mix and replace the filter - check out the crap that comes out!!!

Do a compression check on the engine after this - at least you then have a clean engine with known compression for reference

You dont hang around do you? - thats commitment

hey folks just put some minds at rest, this engine is 100% and was removed from my own mkiv supra as i have recently fitted a 1JZ, if you look in multimedia you will find me video of the 1JZ running.

Barny you will not have any problems with this engine so dont do a engine flush as its not needed.

well engines are now swaped over going to be an expert at this rate.cheers to pudsey again for the hand.jsut need to bolt everything back on now so should crack that over the next couple of nights.then the weekend fingers crossed will be test time again.

F**k me Barny you dont mess about do you, Now if you could just work out how to wire up a TT for me :sly:

Given the Unknown nature of the new engine ,and your previous engine ,it may be worth flushing the oil system out

knock up a mix of Derv/ATF/cheap oil , slightly overfill and run just above idle for 5-10 mins

Dump the mix and replace the filter - check out the crap that comes out!!!

Do a compression check on the engine after this - at least you then have a clean engine with known compression for reference

You dont hang around do you? - thats commitment

Really? does this not strip the bearings? The last time I flushed an a-series engine a few years back it knocked like a biiiaaaatch due to the amount of crud it removed which had filled in the bearings over the 30odd years of it's life :)

That said if this works I'll add it to my list of interesting tips :)

holy overcooked german sausage batman,

you deseve this to be a massive sucsess . hats off to you, i would have thrown my tools and set fire to it by now

ive just noticed ive cracked the headers now so have to take the wrapp off and weld it up.the facelift engine mounts are causing a clearance issue bummer as i gave you the old mounts didnt i.if your not using them any chance of swapping them for the ones i have.i think i trimmed one side to clear the header.

Really? does this not strip the bearings? The last time I flushed an a-series engine a few years back it knocked like a biiiaaaatch due to the amount of crud it removed which had filled in the bearings over the 30odd years of it's life :)

That said if this works I'll add it to my list of interesting tips :)

It works unbelieveably well , the crap that comes out of what you thought was a clean engine is an eye opener -

atf has a high detergent level -as any small crud in a gear box can cause big problems due to small passageways and ball valves ,so it breaks this down .

on turbo cars you dont want any high revs to spool the turbo ,just idle or fast idle

-cars with hydraulic lifters it keeps them gum free and stops them ticking , you can also just add atf just prior to changing the oil at a normal interval too.

Somehow the engine seems to run run smoother post flushing ,but it could be all in the mind

It works unbelieveably well , the crap that comes out of what you thought was a clean engine is an eye opener -

atf has a high detergent level -as any small crud in a gear box can cause big problems due to small passageways and ball valves ,so it breaks this down .

on turbo cars you dont want any high revs to spool the turbo ,just idle or fast idle

-cars with hydraulic lifters it keeps them gum free and stops them ticking , you can also just add atf just prior to changing the oil at a normal interval too.

Somehow the engine seems to run run smoother post flushing ,but it could be all in the mind

At what percentage mix would you use with say 5ltr oil ?

reconnected everything this morning.made sure the oil pipes were flowing by cranking the engine over,then it was time to fire it up.As the engine had only been out a couple of weeks i thought it would fire up after a couple cranks,but no i have just flattend a fully charged battery trying to get it to fire.Needless to say im a little peeved at the moment.Battery is now back on charge and will try again tomorrow,having the rest of the day away from it might be a good idea.

reconnected everything this morning.made sure the oil pipes were flowing by cranking the engine over,then it was time to fire it up.As the engine had only been out a couple of weeks i thought it would fire up after a couple cranks,but no i have just flattend a fully charged battery trying to get it to fire.Needless to say im a little peeved at the moment.Battery is now back on charge and will try again tomorrow,having the rest of the day away from it might be a good idea.

Have you done the usual spark/fuel check?

Next step, check the sensors are plugged all plugged in.