Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd love to be able to respray all of the underside components like this. Nice work. :cool:

I'm pretty lucky we've got a paint shop at work. The management are starting to clamp down on guvvy jobs now though so I can't see this perk lasting much longer.

how important is the bracket on the right side of the photo?

When I refitted my exhaust after putting in the turbo I mis placed some nuts, currently not on the car....

Looks really good hodge :-)

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g470/Shineypics/null_zpsb539c9d2.jpg

They join the front and rear sections of the subframe together, I'd say they were pretty important. I'd get them fitted especially if your running any kind of decent power.

Looks good John. How did you find the subframe in the end?

I got it all apart and still couldn't get it low enough to get the upper sump out. Well that's until I realized I hadn't loosened off the ARB lol. Not a bad job at all after that. Almost back together now.

Well I would have had the car running yesterday but ALMOST has a cotastorophy. Got the whole thing together, put in my magnetic sump plug and pow, the thread snapped off the plug, leaving the thread in the sump and the head and magnet came out. Luckly, I managed to tap the thread back out with a screwdriver and a hammer. Very lucky I think as if it didnt come out I'd have had to strip it all back down again. This is the offending part.

I've ordered a new plug and will have it running in no time.

New Royal purple oil filter fitted.

Picked these up from Toyota the other day. It's a new 1 way check valve and seal for my idle control valve. Mine was leaking when the car was mapped so Ryan turned it off straight after cold start. I'm wanting it all working correctly again so Ryan can turn it back on all the time again.

New boost control Solenoid to go in.

Finally got myself some more Royal purple oil. Only the best for The Kraken.

Guest Lee_89

Taken me hours to read this whole thread, awesome work though! you have some patience.

Wish I had the time and motivation you have.

Great work :cool:

I just noticed the half a million views too..... must be a record surely.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit- Mallets mallet has 1.7 million.

That's because you mustn't pause, mustn't hesitate or you get a bash on the head.