The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

I've just ordered a steering wheel mount for my iPhone, so I can do some speedo recording, when I'm on a private drag strip or very long Fast 6 style runway.

How many gears are you planning to use on the Fast 6 Runway, you will have a number to choose from & i hope you have NOS to hit 140mph

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been away for just over a week now with no phone signal or 3G. First thing I did when I got back? Look at this thread to see what was going on! :D Car looks and sounds awesome, John - loving the BOOOOOOOOSSTT vid!! :eyebrows:

Keep 'em coming. :cool:

I've been away for just over a week now with no phone signal or 3G. First thing I did when I got back? Look at this thread to see what was going on! :D Car looks and sounds awesome, John - loving the BOOOOOOOOSSTT vid!! :eyebrows:

Keep 'em coming. :cool:

Thanks Dave.

Dont worry, he ordered two bottles today from Harry, and apparently needed them tonight.

Aparently, I've got a heavy right foot and I'll blow myself to pieces.

Aparently, I've got a heavy right foot and I'll blow myself to pieces.

Meh, that's no problem. If the "100-shot of Nos" causes your floor-pan to fall out just shout at / close a laptop on your passenger seat and keep your foot down. It'll be fine... :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ray671984

I have just read this thread from start to the end what a monster its a credit to you mate and looks jaw dropping :D

Few updates on the car.

Although I've had great results with the extended sump mod, I seem to be catching the sump all the time. It's got to the point where I'm worried that its going to split. So I've decided to remove it and fit a stock oil pan back on.

The car also seems to be over boosting a little. I think this was my fault. The 1/8 NPT threads in boost solenoid were way too tight so I've tapped them out to the correct depth. I think I've got a little swarf in the solenoid and jammed it. I've ordered a new MAC boost control solenoid to replace it.

I've also got a heat shield I want to fit between the shifter and my exhaust to stop it stiffening up when it gets hot.

Work starts tomorrow, so I'll update as I go.

Nice dude, sounds like its awesome to drive, even off boost.

Hope to see the monster at JAE :)

I'm not sure if I'll make it Dane, we've got loads on in September and its the weekend after Tuff Mudder and I'm not sure what sort of state I'm going to be in after it and how many days I'll need to recover.

On a different note, I got stuck into changing the sump today. It's a pretty easy job if I'm honest. Dropping the rear part of the for t subframe was a pain but once I got my head round it, it was a doddle. A couple of the threaded holes in the upper sump that hold the lower sump on we're slightly damaged so I decided while it was all stripped, to replace the upper sump too.

State of play at present is:-

Lower sump removed, upper sump dropped off and just need to borrow my mates engine support bar to hold the engine still while I lower the front part of the subframe so I can pull the upper sump clear. On a positive note, everything inside the engine looks brand new still and I've done 3000 hard miles in it since it was built.

Hopefully I'll get a few pics up either tomorrow or Monday, and a little how-to step by step on removing the sump pans.

Thanks Dave.

Not wanting to do half a job, while I've got the subframe off, I've taken it into work to get it blasted and pained as well as the support arms and oil pan too. Be rude not too really. There all painted now and drying so should be ready for me to get in the morning.

On a different note, I got stuck into changing the sump today. It's a pretty easy job if I'm honest. Dropping the rear part of the for t subframe was a pain but once I got my head round it, it was a doddle. A couple of the threaded holes in the upper sump that hold the lower sump on we're slightly damaged so I decided while it was all stripped, to replace the upper sump too.

State of play at present is:-

Lower sump removed, upper sump dropped off and just need to borrow my mates engine support bar to hold the engine still while I lower the front part of the subframe so I can pull the upper sump clear. On a positive note, everything inside the engine looks brand new still and I've done 3000 hard miles in it since it was built.

Hopefully I'll get a few pics up either tomorrow or Monday, and a little how-to step by step on removing the sump pans.

Good to hear you're finding it an easy job John. Getting things painted etc while they're off is a good move :thumbs:

Good to hear you're finding it an easy job John. Getting things painted etc while they're off is a good move :thumbs:

It wasn't too bad at all. Not sure what its all going to be like putting it back together though. I'm hoping to start with it all on Friday after I've been training. Fingers crossed I'll have it back together And running by Friday night if all goes well.

A few pictures of today's progress.

Here's all my freshly painted parts.

Upper sump, oil pan guard and oil pickup all cleaned and refitted.

I got the lower sump and subframe also fitted tonight but didnt get any pics, I'll sort some tomorrow. The underside of the car looks brand new now with all the nice painted parts.

Here's a couple of other random shots from underneath.

All being well ill have her running tomorrow.