The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Geo's T67 Single Build Thread

Geo

What are they like Matt are they quite bright??

They do the job. They're no H.I.Ds, and I doubt they would be a match for a good rank of L.E.Ds.

If it's brightness you want then go for the L.E.Ds.

I'd highly recommend H.I.Ds for your dipped beam though if you're after that kind of effect. I've got them on mine and wouldn't not have them on any of my future cars now.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They do the job. They're no H.I.Ds, and I doubt they would be a match for a good rank of L.E.Ds.

If it's brightness you want then go for the L.E.Ds.

I'd highly recommend H.I.Ds for your dipped beam though if you're after that kind of effect. I've got them on mine and wouldn't not have them on any of my future cars now.

Ive already got HID's but just fancied something a little closer to match the sidelights with the dipped beam as the sidelights look really pants compared the headlights!

If the LED's will fit ill go with them if not I might try your suggestion and go with the phillips ;)

You can get very cheap LED sidelights from ebay Si... Used LED sidelights to match my HIDS. Although to get them spot on, I'd need a different temperature HID bulb though.

And yes, they're plug and play in the facelift indicators as well.

Problem solved Si, just order the ones iv got, and plug them in. Jobe Done. :thumbs:

You can get very cheap LED sidelights from ebay Si... Used LED sidelights to match my HIDS. Although to get them spot on, I'd need a different temperature HID bulb though.

And yes, they're plug and play in the facelift indicators as well.

Problem solved Si, just order the ones iv got, and plug them in. Jobe Done. :thumbs:

Thank you very much chaps :thumbs:

No probs mate.

Might get some of those myself actually, Geo, I like the 'whiteness' of yours. The ones I have are a bit 'blue' - as I said, the hids are a bit 'whiter' (is that a word?)

Reminds me, I need to change the rear number plate bulbs - they're a bit too blue as well.

Si, I noticed you have a s2000 aerial, did you do all of that yourself? Easy? Need to get a new aerial. (Sorry for the hijack Geo!)

No probs mate.

Might get some of those myself actually, Geo, I like the 'whiteness' of yours. The ones I have are a bit 'blue' - as I said, the hids are a bit 'whiter' (is that a word?)

Reminds me, I need to change the rear number plate bulbs - they're a bit too blue as well.

Si, I noticed you have a s2000 aerial, did you do all of that yourself? Easy? Need to get a new aerial. (Sorry for the hijack Geo!)

No worries dude, i checked the HID's along with the new side lights, they compliment each other so well. Its a nice little mod for all of £12.50 for the lights. :D

No probs mate.

I was going to change the number plate bulbs as well! Kill 2 birds with 1 stone and all that :D

Yeah got an S2000 aerial but i didnt fit it unfortunately the car came with it so dont know how hard it is but i did find a thread for you if your interested in doing it yourself?! ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=158015

I think its a nice touch you should do it :D

I was going to change the number plate bulbs as well! Kill 2 birds with 1 stone and all that :D

Yeah got an S2000 aerial but i didnt fit it unfortunately the car came with it so dont know how hard it is but i did find a thread for you if your interested in doing it yourself?! ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=158015

I think its a nice touch you should do it :D

Exactly! :D

Ah I see, thanks mate, appreciate it! :thumbs: Would definitely give it a crack. Thanks again!

Are they plastic? Aluminium ones would be much better.

yeah mate plastic, they fit snug. cudnt find Aluminium ones dude, i'll how these goes first, Used these ones on my volks and they seem to work perfectly fine. :D

Small Update today.

Well was out testing boost settings today, since the roads were dry and it was cold, and sunny. Great conditions for testing. :D

We ran 1.2bar for a while and the car pulls like a train through all the gears without a problem, We then decided to go for 1.6 bar, all 530bhp. The car just could not get any grip, on full throttle. I had to back off a bit just over half throttle to get grip on the rear tyres, i must say with a set of Toyo R888's on the car, the car will have amazing accelaration. :D

Cant describe how quick the car is, it basically plants you into the seats. Im loving it. :D

Can someone explain whats going on with the Speedo though???