Geo's T67 Single Build Thread

Geo

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm presuming you mean the ECU AEM right Geo? That would explain why my battery was as flat as a pancake the other day!

Yes bud. Its a small problem they sometime have, i spoke with RyanG, he got me to fire up the laptop into the AEM log on, then log off. If you press the throttle and watch your laptop the throttle gauge moves(shouldnt do this if the AEM ECU is off). So its on all the time, so its draws current.

I'll send you the Fix on a PM to correct it ok. :D

I remember not being able to connect to the AEM until the ignition was turned on. Are you saying it's only sometimes a problem? (My car has been parked up for 4 months and hasn't been started. The alarm will pull a small current from the battery so it might well be that).

I remember not being able to connect to the AEM until the ignition was turned on. Are you saying it's only sometimes a problem? (My car has been parked up for 4 months and hasn't been started. The alarm will pull a small current from the battery so it might well be that).

Yes correct, but when you turn Ignition off, the AEM will stay on with mine, so im still connected(laptop) and can see when i press throttle). Hence its needs to be wired up so when ignition is off, the AEM turns off. Only way to do it, is to pull the EFI main relay.

Well im just back from getting the car dyno'd, ner where i live. I got 530bhp again, with 10tflbs more torque. So 500ftlbs, instead of 490ftlbs. So im pretty happy with the results. I spoke with ryan about more power, so im looking at a bocsh 044 fuel pump, and a set of Cam's 264. That will do me power wise. :D

Take it youre looking for the big 6 and you will be happy? :D

Did you go to the meet bud?

yeah mate, i want 600 then thats me, will be easy enough with cams and a igger fuel pump, and mapped with Ryan. Might even use the dyno i was on today as its 5 mins down the road from me, and its bang on the money.

Didnt make the meet dude, didnt get finished until after 11 with the dyno had 2 poeple sat in the boot for more traction. :D

• 4 weeks later...

So a little update:

been driving the car for a while now, and its running sweet. :D Did some high mph to 0 yesterday to give my brakes a good seeing too. The time has come to replace them, they have a nice blue tint to the disks now and look well abused. So here is my shopping list for the next week.

1 - OEM Disks all Round(See pic, they look fooked)

2 - CW Fast Road pads all round

3 - 2 x walbro's(Already Purchased from ChiefGrover) 3-4 WKS Delivery

4 - New Aux Belt(mine is squeaking) still to try the Talc powder trick though

Edited by Geo (see edit history)

Great job mate ; just read all thread

calipers still going to a yellow touch?

Thanks BABZ

Dunno, im still pondering Black for the Calipers, then some Supra decals bacl on them ?:D

One of my favourites on the forum Geo, great car bud! :)

Cheers bud. still a few things to do them job a done. :thumbs:

Well my OEM Disks arrived along with CW Fast Road pads, going to be fitting them on sunday, my car should stop now. :D Just had a blast in IanW's Teg, and i must say the brakes were S H I T hot compaired to the Supra just now.

• 1 month later...
great build mate, will follow this closely. However, I would go with the GSC1 cams instead of the 264s

cheers mate. Still on the hunt for cams, once i have them its all go. :D

So the car is booked in for 18th May to get a few things done, UK Rear calipers installed, along with a full set of OEM Disks and CW fast road pads. Anything can be better than 3G disks. :D

New De-limiter, RLTC, 1.5ltrs Motul brake fluid, Oil and Coolant change, and my 2x walbros if i receive them in time??

Next on my list to do is do the inside. :D

Looks lovely Geo :) Out of interest, what make were the ones that overheated and how many miles did they have on them? Edit - just spotted last update, they were 3G then?

yeah 3G homer, im guessing here that they had done not even 5000miles TBH. Id never go back to 3G, its either UK Spec or better for me in the future.

my foot is nearly on the floor to stop now, IanW can confirm, will update soon as the new stuff is on and bedded in. :D

Edited by Geo (see edit history)

I may have missed this but what happened to the 3G discs? Were they UK spec size and something happened to them affecting performance?

the fronts were UK size dude, with UK calipers and red pads, after a few high speed stops they were not in the best Nick. So i wore them right down before i got new ones.

So now i will have UK Brakes all Round with OEM disk, and CW Pds, should do the business just now. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Little update today -

Dropped the car off at Ian's this morning to get the following done

1 - All disks and pads change.

2 - UK Rear Calipers fitted

3 - Brake fluid

4 - RLTC Fitted

5 - AEM ECU rewired for Ignition Off

6 - De-Limiter Fitted

Still waiting on 2x Fuel pumps arriving, and on the hunt for a set of cams. :D

sounds good dude - the cams will help no end eh!!

if i can find a bloody aet dude yeah, i'll fly ryan up for some mapping and job done. :D

Then im starting on the interior. :D

I have a set of cams coming up for sale HKS 256 Inlet, 264 outlet, came off Ian R's car but I never fitted them.

Only photo I have at mo as camera goosed, will try and borrow one at weekend if you are interested

Cams 1.JPG