Geo's T67 Single Build Thread

Geo

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would be good to see some pics of this installation. post some pics up!

Check my garage mate, there's a night time photo in there with the better sidelights, big difference; http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=2959 ;)

Ah cool, thought it was a case of just swapping over. No probs will give me someting to do as im off work for 6 weeks due to my back surgery.

Sounds easy enough to do. :D

What exactly do you need to do? You have facelift indicators already, I'm guessing the sidelights are already connected in them? In which case it is a direct swap? Whatever needs doing, it is easy though mate; http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=208056

I had no idea that Geo was short for George. Makes sense like, but it's not a name I would have matched to you :D

:D

I had no idea that Geo was short for George. Makes sense like, but it's not a name I would have matched to you :D

Please tell me your kidding?? LOL

Welcome to the world the rest of us live in Matt lol :D

Cars looking ace George, cant wait to see it at some meets this year. You doing Suprapod?

Yeah going to try and makes some of the Big meets dude???

Check my garage mate, there's a night time photo in there with the better sidelights, big difference; http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=2959 ;)

What exactly do you need to do? You have facelift indicators already, I'm guessing the sidelights are already connected in them? In which case it is a direct swap? Whatever needs doing, it is easy though mate; http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=208056

:D

Will have a look bud. :D

Edit: its not the clear side indicators dude, its side lights in the main headlights im changing.

Edited by Geo (see edit history)

Nope, people call themselves all sorts of funny things on forums. I've never met anyone called George that shortens their name to a school subject either mind :D

Ok mathew, no worries just though you were losing the plot. :p

Well everytime some mentions a Geo(Geometry setup for there car) i raise an eye brow, ha ha. :eyebrows:

Right guys,

Here is a wee tutorial on how to change these bulbs, plug and play. :D

I did the Passenger side one first, all i had to do was move my expansion tank to one side, 2 bolts easy enough. Then i twisted and removed the long side light canister. Pull off the old bulb, plug in the new one, job done. Pics below. :D

Driver side i had to remove my Filter as it was in the way, same way to do this side. I'll get a pic tonight in the dark, for better pics.

Now the difference's, looks so much better now. Front end now tidy. :D

Nice work George the whole car is looking tasty ;)

Do you know if these LED's will plug and play with the facelift as the sidelights aren't in the headlights?!

cheers mate. :D

dunno bud, if you can get me a pic of the actual canister and bulb i'll be able to tell you, nip out and takle a pic?

Nice work George the whole car is looking tasty ;)

Do you know if these LED's will plug and play with the facelift as the sidelights aren't in the headlights?!

It was a long time since I worked on my facelift sidelight / indicators, but I'm pretty sure they are a bayonette, twist application, not a 'snap in' like the pre-facelifts

It was a long time since I worked on my facelift sidelight / indicators, but I'm pretty sure they are a bayonette, twist application, not a 'snap in' like the pre-facelifts

thats the ones, matt can you remember if the bulbs were just a plug and play??

thats the ones, matt can you remember if the bulbs were just a plug and play??

Not sure if I understand what you mean Geo. I didn't put L.E.Ds in, I used the philips silver vision bulbs for the side light and obviously you just plug then in?

Not sure if I understand what you mean Geo. I didn't put L.E.Ds in, I used the philips silver vision bulbs for the side light and obviously you just plug then in?

if you used plug and play then the L.E.D's should work with the facelift lights then, did they look like the old ones from my pic above?? if so the L.E.D's will work. :D

What are they like Matt are they quite bright??

if you used plug and play then the L.E.D's should work with the facelift lights then, did they look like the old ones from my pic above?? if so the L.E.D's will work. :D

I see your thinking here! :) I thought pretty much all sidelights looked like your pic above but i might have to take mine out to see :D