Geo's T67 Single Build Thread

Geo

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cool, when i go down the coilover road next year i'll be needing this done myself

defo mate, a good set up is well worth it, when driving up this morning by back end was all over the place, defo needing set up

let you know laters how i get on??

Kenny is fantastic. Really knows his stuff. He didn't give me a printout though, although I didn't ask for one :D

yeah seemed to know his stuff dude, asked if i wanted it corner balanced TBH, i asked if i needed it, he said no only if i was tracking it more,

i'll mine and ask for my print out now. :D will post it later

Well iv got the car back and its what can i say its made a huge difference to the handling of it. Kenny said it now handles pretty much spot on where as before it was stepping out trying to mount Kerbs at any given chance.

Before Results

Front Camber 1/2 + 1/4

Rear Camber 1 3/4 + 1 1/4

Toe Front 25 out

Toe Rear off the scales out, so gubbed really :(

New Settings

Front Camber 1 Deg

Rear Camber 2 1/8

Toe Front 0 Deg

Toe Rear 20 deg IN

So as you can see from the settings they were well and truly out, Kenny had set the car up for street use and some track day outings, she now drives like a jem and handles superb.

Now for the bad new :(

1 - N/S/F Shock is leaking, which is a bummer now got to Decide whether to replace all 4with some up todate stuff, or get the Super Streets Refurb?? Will look into and ask some questions.

2 - N/S/R Wheel is pointing forward about 8mm so there staggered, kenny said i wont notice it, but TBH i'll get this fixed. He said replacing both rear hubs will probably correct the problem, any idea's guys??

All in all happy with the car now, just got to decide what i want to do now???

Sounds like the nearside rear wheel has been whacked off a kerb in an 'incident' at some point to cause that :( Something bent?

Shocks wise I've never rated teins as I've had and so many people I know have had leaky ones. Build quality seems shite tbh :search: Can't polish a turd an all that - get a decent quality set IMO but regardless you'll need another geo setup after all the work is done :(

Longevity wise it's hard to beat Billsteins but if you want height adjustability then you'll need a custom set with matched springs from Chris Wilson - regarded as an excellent setup with decent handling whilst maintaining ride quality. I rate the HSD coilovers for handling with ride quality from my own experience with them but can't comment on their longevity given I didn't have the car long post fitment.

Cheers,

Bri.

Sounds like the nearside rear wheel has been whacked off a kerb in an 'incident' at some point to cause that :( Something bent?

Shocks wise I've never rated teins as I've had and so many people I know have had leaky ones. Build quality seems $#@!e tbh :search: Can't polish a turd an all that - get a decent quality set IMO but regardless you'll need another geo setup after all the work is done :(

Longevity wise it's hard to beat Billsteins but if you want height adjustability then you'll need a custom set with matched springs from Chris Wilson - regarded as an excellent setup with decent handling whilst maintaining ride quality. I rate the HSD coilovers for handling with ride quality from my own experience with them but can't comment on their longevity given I didn't have the car long post fitment.

Cheers,

Bri.

no idea how this has happend dude, iv had the teins on for about 3 years now and not had a bump in it?? not sure if the ride hardness was correct though, as too hard would cause them to leak??

just gona do some digging and see what i fancy for it?? i'll have a look at the blisteins and HSD and see the feedback on them

cheers bud

• 2 weeks later...

So with Knockhill next week, started getting the car ready for the track day. Some new coolant, along with the Lexus V8 Oil Filter(this is larger than stock filter and holds more oil) with better Filtration. :D Oil ordered for next week through Guy at Opie. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update:

The car is now in the Safe hands of LeeP. Im considering closing this thread now, and creating a new one as Lee will be updating it.

Updates will come as soon as Lee has started work, and gets the pics Rolling... :D

Update:

The car is now in the Safe hands of LeeP. Im considering closing this thread now, and creating a new one as Lee will be updating it.

Updates will come as soon as Lee has started work, and gets the pics Rolling... :D

Looking forward to it. And looking forward to you taking me for a spin if i ever get my ar$e up to Scotland!

• 2 weeks later...