Geo's T67 Single Build Thread

Geo

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This will fit Jpsec Supra - HCB005(Terminals didnt need changing) Comes with a 4 Year WARRANTY. :D

Your battery is not mounted in the stock location and doesnt have stock wiring, those terminals are too large for a stock JSpec ;)

Your battery is not mounted in the stock location and doesnt have stock wiring, those terminals are too large for a stock JSpec ;)

the terminals you see here wez were on my old battery(jspec), you saying these are larger UK ones??

Car seems to not like starting, iv fitted a new battery which seemed to have cured the problem. But this morning leaving the Gf's i tried to start her and nothing, just the starter clicking, and i had all the dash lights on.

Luckily the Gf gave me a quick jump start before she left for work, and she started first time. Took the car for a good drive, gentle and spirited. Stopped her, started her, stopped her started her and all was good.

Just lost as to whats going on here now?? Any idea guys??

If its just clicking then its prob the solnoid on the starter motor thats on its way out. When you turn the key do you just get a click and nothing else?

You can get refurb kits off ebay and that seems to work on mine :)

im not too sure its the solenoid dude, its as if its not getting enough juice from the battery. a jump start always starts it first time.

im not too sure its the solenoid dude, its as if its not getting enough juice from the battery. a jump start always starts it first time.

Are you able to measure the current draw on the battery?

Have you checked the voltage at the battery to see what it is when the car is running, maybe your alternator isnt charging it :search:

Are you able to measure the current draw on the battery?

Have you checked the voltage at the battery to see what it is when the car is running, maybe your alternator isnt charging it :search:

thats next on my list dude, i'll test the voltage from a cold start. Then maybe after a good run. see what the differences are like

Would be good to see some pics of this installation. post some pics up!

It only takes 2secs to change the lights dude, as there 501 should be a case of swapping out the old in with the new, easy. But yeah i'll get some pics up for you no problem. :D

Car looking great all blends in well + nice figures you pushing out there too & welcome to the 500 BHP+ club ;)

cheers mate, wanted something pleasing on the eye on the outside, and then all the goodies under the bonnet. :D

It only takes 2secs to change the lights dude, as there 501 should be a case of swapping out the old in with the new, easy. But yeah i'll get some pics up for you no problem. :D

Its not mate :)

you need to get different looms from Toyota as the fitment id different, theyre not expensive. Also if you want to use the side lights and keep the ones in the main light cluster you will need to splice into the wires.

Not a difficult job but its not a unclick and put new ones on.

Its not mate :)

you need to get different looms from Toyota as the fitment id different, theyre not expensive. Also if you want to use the side lights and keep the ones in the main light cluster you will need to splice into the wires.

Not a difficult job but its not a unclick and put new ones on.

Ah cool, thought it was a case of just swapping over. No probs will give me someting to do as im off work for 6 weeks due to my back surgery.

Sounds easy enough to do. :D

maybe its the alternator thats not keeping the new battery charged?

yeah seems like that, need to check the voltage when cold and after a drive.

does feel as if something is drawing some current over night or when left?? As a jump start will aways work first time. :D

Have you thought about getting a radiator panel as well? Looks like you might lose a bit of air above your radiator because of the gap. Either that or some foam or something. Just a suggestion :)

you mean a slam panel dude?? see post 350 below battery pics..