Geo's T67 Single Build Thread

Geo

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well done George!! Your car looks great! yep, I agree the wheels looks really good now that its painted black... was it actually black or done in the same colour as mine?

Would be great to have more pics taken and some close ups if possible!! :D

cheers Jamie, took its time getting there eh, he he. Just noticed that iv got 2 fooked rears tyres, both have big bulges in them so in the proccess of hunting down some. Pity its crap weather just now as i did fancy a good blast before tucking her away for the winter.

Im still in 2 minds if i should sell the Volks now, as they look cool done in black...

Looks lovely mate, I think the new wheels will only improve the look. Shame about the tyres but I suppose if it's going to be off the road for a while then it's not a major problem.

Cheers bud, yeah the new wheels will look brilliant, but i do like the volks now, so thinking of keeping them as i was going to sell them. Yeah tyres not on my list just now since its crap weather.

well done George!! Your car looks great! yep, I agree the wheels looks really good now that its painted black... was it actually black or done in the same colour as mine?

Would be great to have more pics taken and some close ups if possible!! :D

Cheers Preston

The wheels were Powder coated black mate, think it just transforms the car big time. Once the weather gets better and warmer i'll get some good shots along with my new wheels. :D

Mmmmm Weds SA70, I'd say they'd look the business but it would still be a tough call seeing those Volks. Will you be tracking the car, as the Volks would be perfect for track use with some R888's or similar, tires would be a wee bit cheaper being 17s too.

Mmmmm Weds SA70, I'd say they'd look the business but it would still be a tough call seeing those Volks. Will you be tracking the car, as the Volks would be perfect for track use with some R888's or similar, tires would be a wee bit cheaper being 17s too.

I know what you mean mate, the Volks look sooo good now. :D

I was never planning on tracking the supra, but could be convinced to track her at Knockhill for a wknd, R888 would be nice rubber on them also. And defo Bloody Cheaper, lol

Little update:

Car has been sat for ages in the garage now due to cold weather, went to start her up and battery was flat. So i jump started her and it took ages for her to catch(dont know if this is due to her been sitting for ages and the cold cold weather) Eventually she start with a loud pop out Exhaust, the Afr was rading 10, so running very rich. The smoke was quite dark once she started and loads of it, but soon settled once she was warmed up.

I let her sit for a good while, until she warmed up and let the AEM do its thing and sort the fueling out, once warmed she was sitting at 12.5/13 Just the way Ryan had set her when he mapped it.

Will this be due to the Cold weather, were having as she started all the time before this cold weather started upon us??

Any idea's guys??

Probably flooded initially, I'm assuming since this is a fairly fresh setup your cold start map may not yet have all it's bugs ironed out.

I've also found my AEM doesn't like being disconnected from the battery & will idle @ 2k for a while (goes away after a bit of driving & a restart)

I've also found my AEM doesn't like being disconnected from the battery & will idle @ 2k for a while (goes away after a bit of driving & a restart)

This is normal AEM behaviour, it loses track of the idle valve, it will run high rpm, just switch it off and on again and it should be fine.

Been a while since I had an AEM so cant remember if a simple ignition on and off is enough for it to work.

This is normal AEM behaviour, it loses track of the idle valve, it will run high rpm, just switch it off and on again and it should be fine.

Been a while since I had an AEM so cant remember if a simple ignition on and off is enough for it to work.

As wez says typical aem but yes a simple switch off of the ignition wait a couple of mins and fire her back up and it's sorted :thumbs:

Probably flooded initially, I'm assuming since this is a fairly fresh setup your cold start map may not yet have all it's bugs ironed out.

Yeah its only started doing this since the cold cold weather, kinda coughing and splurtering until its happy

It's f*&ked mate. Bin it :D

wana buy her, discount for being so close to home, haha. :p

with the jump start she was struggling to start, kinda as if the starter was not catching, once up and running though she was fine. Yeah once she was running she was running rich but soon settled once the AEM learned

As wez says typical aem but yes a simple switch off of the ignition wait a couple of mins and fire her back up and it's sorted :thumbs:

Im now thinking the car needs to be run more often through winter to keep her sweet..

cheers for the comments guys. :thumbs:

Im now thinking the car needs to be run more often through winter to keep her sweet..

cheers for the comments guys. :thumbs:

Mine does exactly the same, Takes ages to fire when its been left for a while, I tend to fire her up at least once a week and let her run for a bit.

But it does take a while to fire up first time when its been left for a while.

Mine does exactly the same, Takes ages to fire when its been left for a while, I tend to fire her up at least once a week and let her run for a bit.

Ooooooft thought it was the car playing up. Thats cool then, weight of my mind. :D

I confirm this. I normally drive my Supe once, maybee twice a week (during summer), and it takes me half a minute to a minute to have it running. I then let it run 2 minutes at idle before driving off.

Luc

Ooooooft thought it was the car playing up. Thats cool then, weight of my mind. :D

Think its got something to do with the cold start on the AEM but not sure. Just dont leave it cranking, give it a few cranks, leave it for a few seconds and try again, mine normally fires on the 3rd or 4th attempt. Sometimes it can take 5 or 6 though. Dont worry about it is the best bet :)

I don't think it's anything specific to the AEM, my car was stood for 6 months & I fired it up just before Xmas and it fired 1st time after a few cranks, it's more likely your cold start map isn't perfect for the sub-zero temps we've being having lately.

I recall a thread just recently about RLTC and fitting a Solaris just to get TC rather than fitting RLTC, well this is a prime reason not to, I've not seen many standalones that cold start as welll as Toyota intended no matter how good the owner reckons it does.

I'd say your mapper needs to refine the cold start settings, nothing the mapper has done wrong, just no matter how good they are, they've never had a chance to test starting the car at those temps.

Thats the thing, Ryan mapped it. And Surrey is 8 hrs drive guys, kinda hard up here as were limited to what we've got up here. The car starts no problem when we had the better weather.

Iv PM Ryan about it, see what he says??

Dont worry about it and just get it adjusted the next time you see him for some mapping. Trust me it will happen much sooner than you think it will :)

You mean along with new mapping of the Solaris, that i might get, he he, and a billet tubbi. :D

Thats the thing, Ryan mapped it. And Surrey is 8 hrs drive guys, kinda hard up here as were limited to what we've got up here. The car starts no problem when we had the better weather.

Iv PM Ryan about it, see what he says??

I sent my map to Paul and he altered the cold start parameters. I will upload it after winter to see if it's better now. :)

I sent my map to Paul and he altered the cold start parameters. I will upload it after winter to see if it's better now. :)

cool, i'll wait and see what Ryan says and if he decides to change it, he can send me the Map, and i'll upload it, with his help of course. :D