The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Geo's T67 Single Build Thread

Geo

Well as my Rear tyres were Fubard(click me) i got delivery of these today from Camskill.co.uk I ordered these late yesterday afternoon, and they just arrived about 5 miins ago. Even with the weather im well impressed at how quick they got here. I spoke with JamieP about tyres and he said go for the Toyo's T1-r, but i went with the Falkens.

R888's will be going on the Weds once they get here. :D

Will get them on tomorrow or this saturday.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good budget tire, I use them on the NA and they held up OK at Brands :thumbs:

yeah didnt want to dish out loads when there really going to be used for winter/mucking about and general road use.

R888's for the summer and track baby, :D

Yeah ... 285 is really wide :D

Yup, as the Gf says Girth is always better, :D

Those days are few and far between in Ayrshire bud lol

It will be nice to get the power down though with the single!!

Cant wait mate, the weather is driving me mad, iv had one shot of her coming home from Mapping and that was 4 weeks ago. :(

R888's up here? You must be mad, its constantly raining or snowing ;)

We do get the odd day or two up here, so quick wheel change then off we go, see how much grip these bad boys have. lol :p

Daft question but going to ask anyway, With the AEM installed i went to turn Off T/C and it didnt light up on the Dash. Is this becasue it aint there now due to it being on the Stock ECU??

Correct, an AEM install removes the stock TC electronics :)

Daft question but going to ask anyway, With the AEM installed i went to turn Off T/C and it didnt light up on the Dash. Is this becasue it aint there now due to it being on the Stock ECU??

The AEM does not control the TC.

I am pretty sure Darren removed the TRC bulb in the upper dash to avoid it being on all the time (that's what he did with mine) ;)

Luc

Yep, the stock TC doesn't work with the AEM, we probably removed or disconnected the TC ECU when you were here I would have thought.

Yep, the stock TC doesn't work with the AEM, we probably removed or disconnected the TC ECU when you were here I would have thought.

if the TC ECU is still there Paul can i just bin it?? I'll check tomorrow.

cheers

Iv just noticed today when i start the car up, the revs fire upto 2k(for like 4secs), then it will settle down at 1k when Idling. Is this normal with the AEM??

Had the car out today and night, and i must say she loves this cold weather, she was pulling like a Beast. Was saying to IanW that sometime im a little hesitant to plant the loud pedal all the way down. Might be due to the weather, as its still a llittle slippery just now.

Few things being done over the next couple of days and weekned,

1 - Low/High Boost switch mounted

2 - Defi EGT Gauge ordered

3 - Serial > AEM ECU mounted on Dash Blank(easy access)

4 - Hecklers Dash Conversion(only done in green to suit Gauges)

Ian will be doing the work as normal.

If your car stood for a while, I would say it's normal about high revs immediately after startup. Mine does the same on the AEM.

Turbo charged engine like cold weather ... but the tires the tires don't :)

I have the serial cable routed under the passanger seat ... easy pulling out and docking to the laptop ;)

If your car stood for a while, I would say it's normal about high revs immediately after startup. Mine does the same on the AEM.

Turbo charged engine like cold weather ... but the tires the tires don't :)

I have the serial cable routed under the passanger seat ... easy pulling out and docking to the laptop ;)

Ah cool bud, just wondered if it was a bug in the AEM. Glad its not just mine doing that then.

cheers dude