The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Track Car Project

Ryan.G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice Ryan, I am sure you do but did you know that a 3AN oil feed line is recommended. If -4AN or larger is used, an oil restrictor is required (just like GT turbos), info from the Full Race website.

I cant tell from that pic what size your feed line is.

Pics of new Borg Warner Turbo

Went for the S300sx 91/79 and got it from AET Turbos for a great price. Thanks Andy :thumbs: They are a european supplier for the BW units and carry all repair kits in stock. No messing about sending crap back to Precision!

Things that are different then for owners who have Precision or Garrett Units.

Firstly the V Band flange has to be modified if running a 3" downpipe as they normally come with 4" v bands. AET did this for me FOC.

Next the compressor outlet is 3" instead of the normal 2" 1/2

Lastly the oil feed fitting is 1/4 instead of 1/8npt

Here are some pics below of me fitting the unit.

I've been told they do it with either 2.5" or 3" outlet, and they are available with a 3" v band. Cant wait to see what the turbo can do, might switch over to them on my turbo kits, it'll make life easier and reduce delivery times.

That looks good Ryan. What sort of power does it create? Seems like it ticks a lot of boxes.

Nice, what sort of power you expecting with that Ryan.

Its every so slightly bigger than a T67 with a 0.81 exhaust housing so i would like around 600+ but my own cars never make good power :(

Very nice Ryan, I am sure you do but did you know that a 3AN oil feed line is recommended. If -4AN or larger is used, an oil restrictor is required (just like GT turbos), info from the Full Race website.

I cant tell from that pic what size your feed line is.

Yeah my feed at the moment is -4 so going to have to fit a restrictor just trying to work out what size it needs to be at the moment.

Ive got a 73-63 sat on my desk if its any good to you?

Ordered one from viper today mate. But thanks anyway bud

I've been told they do it with either 2.5" or 3" outlet, and they are available with a 3" v band. Cant wait to see what the turbo can do, might switch over to them on my turbo kits, it'll make life easier and reduce delivery times.

Is there anyway to confirm this Paul?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Little update on the car...

Now fitted a new splitter to the front to allow us to fully skid the front of the car.

Also fitted a custom (much better looking) expansion tank. Some great alu skills from Autotec again!!

Cars looking great now, although we feel it could do with some oem skirts maybe now :innocent: