The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Track Car Project

Ryan.G

Would be real nice driving a Supra with sequential trans. OS Giken do the OS88 I think it is for the GTR - maybe they could adapt that for the Supra? It's meant to be 'smoother' than a Hollinger and more street use friendly.

Oh yes it certainly would. We had an HKS sequential in our RX7 track car and that was the nuts and so cheap for what you get. Shame they dont do one for the Supra! If I were to buy one for the Supra it would have to be from a european supplier, was talking to Sadev who are based in France and the distributor is about 15 minutes up the road from me. If anything goes wrong its easy to get things sorted quick and cheap. Plus there gearboxes are suppose to be very good by all accounts, they use them in Le Mans cars. Hmmmm, can we stop talking about this now :Pling:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you wanna! :)

From what I've read, the HKS sequential transmissions are actually Hollinger units that HKS made fitment kits for specific applications. I also saw something about an HKS drag Supra demo car in Japan having one of these but can't find any evidence.

A Euro supplier sounds like a plan - maybe a new part you could offer? :eyebrows:

You know you wanna! :)

From what I've read, the HKS sequential transmissions are actually Hollinger units that HKS made fitment kits for specific applications. I also saw something about an HKS drag Supra demo car in Japan having one of these but can't find any evidence.

A Euro supplier sounds like a plan - maybe a new part you could offer? :eyebrows:

Doubt it when your talking over 10k for it, very very limited market me thinks.

Pah! All this talk of sequentials and dogs. One too many pedals for me. Now when someone rips the SMG box out of an M3 or a PDK from a posh Beetle and throws it in a Supra, I'll point north:d

holy moly just had a look at the BMW SMG hydraulicaly controlled manual gearboxm, in "race mode" it can change gear in 0.08 of a second :blink:, these boxs (in relative terms) are not that expensive, i wonder what power they could hold :eyebrows:

holy moly just had a look at the BMW SMG hydraulicaly controlled manual gearboxm, in "race mode" it can change gear in 0.08 of a second :blink:, these boxs (in relative terms) are not that expensive, i wonder what power they could hold :eyebrows:

They're essentially the same as the manual version apart from the electronics. There's a few guys around running 650+bhp (unknown torque) on them so they seem to be mechanically stout from what I can gather. They do require and uprated clutch though. I'm sure if someone was to put some time into salvaging one and getting it to work, it would be a "cheaper" alternative to some of the sequential's mentioned.

They're essentially the same as the manual version apart from the electronics. There's a few guys around running 650+bhp (unknown torque) on them so they seem to be mechanically stout from what I can gather. They do require and uprated clutch though. I'm sure if someone was to put some time into salvaging one and getting it to work, it would be a "cheaper" alternative to some of the sequential's mentioned.

i can feel another project coming on :eyebrows: and a point of interest the BMW SMG gearbox is built by Getrag

Edited by paul mac (see edit history)

Fitted the Titan Antiroll bars today. Definatly have stiffened up the rear but will have to see if they are beneficial when i hit the track next. Front wouldn't fit due to my v mount setup and the bar being a different shape :(

Also fitted some 6pot KAD rear calipers and new discs with some carbotech pads. :thumbs:

Front disc are now warped though and cracked so need to sort a new setup for the front now.

Thanks to whiftbitz for supplying all the bits

Ryan

Edited by Ryan.G (see edit history)

What settings did you go for on the bars? The suggested ones on Pauls site?

On the back i went for the middle as with the extra weight at the rear of mine i wanted it abit stiffer.

The front i couldn't fit as it hit my v mount setup :( Forget to mention that actually :(

But the stock one is enough for my car with the engine move

• 2 weeks later...

Had a cancellation today so managed to jump on a track day down the road and test the new ARB and finally setup the traction control.

This was only at 1bar due to having to fit an Exhaust bung to meet the 100dba limit :(

Also made up a quick camera mount but as you may guess its underside down. As i now own a LHD supra lol

Edited by Ryan.G (see edit history)