Supra Track Car Project

Ryan.G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, not so keen on the gay music:d

Happy with the rear ARB mate?

Gay Music!! That block Party song is Epic!

We all know what a supra sounds like. Plus there was some funny noises from the passenger :D

Very happy with the rear arb mate just what the car needed. Chris Wilson was bang on the money!

Its soo much controllable now. :thumbs:

Ok will turn down the music level

looked awesome Ryan and despatched everything with ease, turn the music off mate i know we all know what a Supra sounds like but if we want to listen to block party we'll go on youtube :p, seriously though, what are your perceptions of the handling now compared to a "normal" Supra

looked awesome Ryan and despatched everything with ease, turn the music off mate i know we all know what a Supra sounds like but if we want to listen to block party we'll go on youtube :p, seriously though, what are your perceptions of the handling now compared to a "normal" Supra

Done

Its so hard to say tbh Paul how different it handles unless i compared it to another supra with similar chassis parts but the grip out of the corners is definatly alot better than other supras i have been in or driven.

The car was only running 1bar in the video as well due to having to fit a bung in the back due to it being a 100dba day and with the superdragger its 104db. Man did it make the EGTs go up. Had to run 10:1 at top rpm to just keep my mind happy. Must have only been 450bhp today i would say.

Got a friend making me an inconel exhaust soon and im aiming for 98dba limit.

Ryan

Edited by Ryan.G (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

So abit of an update!

Over the last couple of monthes have just been trying to use the car on track as much as possible and get some real confidence in the car.

I Had to swap the superdragger exhaust to a new Whiftbitz one due to noise restrictions and must say it has worked a treat. Only 98db now at 4000rpm and 100db at 5000rpm. Well made bit of kit and great price! although in the next few weeks it is going to be chopped up and remade in Inconel for weight saving.

Had a full on day on tuesday at silverstone with a good friend giving lessons through out the day and must say that it really did help!! Here are some pics from the day

Big thanks to Steve for taking the pics. Fantastic work! If anyone wants any in hi res let me know.

Also Had a nice phone call from Mr P yesterday to say my car is on the front cover of banzai!! Result!

Well done Ryan nice to see all your hardwork appreciated by people outside the forum as well as inside it. Any pics of the feature?

:thumbs:

Will try and get a few up here but Banzai have put alot of hard work into the feature and its worth seeing in the flesh.

Just reading Banzai now, awesome cover dude!

Any chance I could get one of the high res photos? I'm gonna photo shop it and put just the red back into the lights and the corner. Gonna get it printed and hung in my flat:)

No Problem mate, will get a few for you

Looks good mate. I thought Inconel was heavier than stainless steel? I'm getting mine redone in titanium pretty soon, must be lighter?

Where Inconel is alot stronger the pipe thickness doesn't need to be so thick. So it ends up weighing alot less. All the F1 exhaust pieces are pretty much made up of inconel.

Ryan