The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Track Car Project

Ryan.G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this car not coming to Anglesey, that's what I want to know????? :) Well done Ryan, great project well executed!

Would have loved to have done Anglesey but have had a few issues with the missus lately... but that is not a problem anymore!

Remember are little chat at Lunch about it all. Well i guess you were right :thumbs:

Can travel all i want now

Ryan

Oh Ryan, you know I am a sarcie old bastatrd and I said it in jest, I am really sorry to hear that :(

But it's true, ugly women are a lot less demanding, I have three pals with wives so ugly they strip the silvering off mirrors, but they are well fed and watered and they are 100% relaxed and cared for. Their wives are just happy ducking stools have died out. Those with magazine feature wives and girlfriends have a few hours fun a month and the rest spent in purgatory and angst wondering what the bitch is up to now ;)

It's always stressful having a long term relationship break up, just look after that lovely car and put it all behind you. And, hey, I am really serious when I say this, re assess on road mapping, I am sure there will be some very bad press from recent alleged incidents.

Its not that bad mate, pretty sure i'm getting mine made in Ti now.

Plus inconel is very prone to cracking. That said, Ti will also work harden over time, but is a lot more forgiving than inconel.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it and just cut down on the biscuits!

And, hey, I am really serious when I say this, re assess on road mapping, I am sure there will be some very bad press from recent alleged incidents.

Yeah! I just read about that, although I'd not heard that they were mapping at the time of the impact. Trouble is, only a fool would trust a dyno map without road tweaking it in the upper few gears. Which means insane speeds, I've been at over 180 leptons mapping a Skyline on the road, never again. Glad I gave it up now, it's a shit life.

Lyndon.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

Guest steve b
Yeah! I just read about that, although I'd not heard that they were mapping at the time of the impact. Trouble is, only a fool would trust a dyno map without road tweaking it in the upper few gears. Which means insane speeds, I've been at over 180 leptons mapping a Skyline on the road, never again. Glad I gave it up now, it's a $#@! life.

Lyndon.

"Were they mapping" was the 1st thing I thought when I heard about the accident. Bad news :(

Have you got the car all sorted now Ryan? I still want a passenger ride even if my MX5 was reeling you in at Silverstone ;)

Does look great and i'm sure will be very fast when the niggles are all sorted :) :thumbs:

p.s. Chris sorry i've not been in touch about the Mazda engine, been very busy the last few weeks. Will have to get the section of my engine manual to you.

Steve B

Oh Ryan, you know I am a sarcie old bastatrd and I said it in jest, I am really sorry to hear that :(

But it's true, ugly women are a lot less demanding, I have three pals with wives so ugly they strip the silvering off mirrors, but they are well fed and watered and they are 100% relaxed and cared for. Their wives are just happy ducking stools have died out. Those with magazine feature wives and girlfriends have a few hours fun a month and the rest spent in purgatory and angst wondering what the bitch is up to now ;)

It's always stressful having a long term relationship break up, just look after that lovely car and put it all behind you. And, hey, I am really serious when I say this, re assess on road mapping, I am sure there will be some very bad press from recent alleged incidents.

Classic!! :rlol:

p.s. Chris sorry i've not been in touch about the Mazda engine, been very busy the last few weeks. Will have to get the section of my engine manual to you.

Steve B

No worries Steve, I have had a very hectic few weeks too, but now I have finished my track days, and I have only one more race to support a customer at, I can nail the engine strip and get you the photos. Are you going to have the block bored come what may? I need a chat about pistons in the near future. Cheers.

"Were they mapping" was the 1st thing I thought when I heard about the accident. Bad news :(

Have you got the car all sorted now Ryan? I still want a passenger ride even if my MX5 was reeling you in at Silverstone ;)

Does look great and i'm sure will be very fast when the niggles are all sorted :) :thumbs:

Steve B

Yup all sorted now! Not wrong that you were reeling me in but with only 4 cylinders working out of 6 im not surprised. Knock control on the Solaris saved my arse that day!!

Was abit too sensitive when it shuts down the cylinders that it thought it was knocking so much that it had to pull more than 5 degrees to keep it happy. When it goes past 5 degrees. Cylinder shutdown (this can be changed btw)

Picked up Jamies old T67dbb on monday now he has his Billet unit and got cracking at fitting it on wednesday. Unfortunatly during fitting i managed to damage the compressor wheel when trying to split the turbo to check the Exhaust wheel was fine. But luckily I knew smarty had a spare core with the exhaust wheel gone so i could use his inducer to fix mine. Got back from Smartys today and finally managed to split Jamies old turbo after letting it soak for 2 days and guess what..... It also has started to fall to pieces. Looking through the back it looked great but upon opening i found this AGAIN!!

What the hell is up with these exhaust housings. You can see that the inside of the casting is just falling to pieces and damaging the turbo!

Going to see if owens can salvage something between both the turbos and make one good one. While they are doing that im just going to bite the bullet and get a borg warner turbo now. Thats 4 precision turbo i have had do this to me and seen over 8 do this now!