StuartW

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done Stu and the team.

That's certainly an impressive achievement, you must all be over the moon with your performance.

Great to see all your hard work paying off and in front of such a big crowd too, will stay with you that experience.

Night run hey, I bet that was quiet something your a braver man than me!!

Hope the holiday is going well.

PS.... Great mug shot too.

Edited by Pudsey
PS... (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Getting there mate, congrats!

It's great to hear the car is improving every time you take it out. Makes a difference to the last few years where the serious drag cars seem to blow their engines after every other event!

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!

Here is a Vid of the first Night run 9.66 Glad my lights worked as it was fcukin dark down the end:blink: If someone knows how to embed this Vid here i would appreciate it?

http://www.youtube.com/user/seaworthymarine?feature=mhum#p/a/u/1/0aLhQ0w9bT0

p.s. Lovin it allllll :D:):D:):D

you can actually hear on the Night run 9.66 vid i hit the rev limiter on shift, My New PB (9.52) was a 7200 rpm shift (Short shift) I cant help thinkin that a perfect 7500 shift even without the NOS would carry a 9.4!

Its all theoretical but ATM my theories are makin sense..and results :search:

• 1 month later...

Well so much has happened in the past few months, The car has now done 115 Runs up the strip this season and 759 miles! Not including Dyno miles as the speedo reads from the front wheel.

Unfortunately the Stock block world record seems out of reach for me and although we tried our hardest with big Thanks to RyanG, Dude and the Crew its time to move onto the built engine.

We experimented with the Nos mostly for launch purposes, this vid shows an instant spool and launch so hard the wheels just lit up!! (Yes i did Sh*t myself)

It brought the spool time in stage from 10 seconds to less than 1 second...Spot on ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/user/seaworthymarine?feature=mhum#p/u/7/l455pZ0MhDI can someone imbed this?

Yesterday the Car passed it's second MOt and the first one with the Turbo fitted, It sailed through no worries with 3.25% c.o emissions..the same Map i use on the strip...Hats off to Ryan on the Mapping and Solaris.

So now i commence the big Strip down of the winter..My basic plans as follows;

1 Change rear axle ratio from 3.7 to 4.11

2 Sell Turbo and manifold and go BIG T6 Frame

3 Fab new exhaust side exit

4 New rear wheels with better suited back spacing

5 re-wire to tidy

6 Strip Trans box and converter to inspect/Clean

7 Finish building and fit race engine :-)

8 Make undertray to aid aero dynamics

9 Build covered car trailer inc tool/storage room

10 Make dashboard

11 Upgrade Axle's and gear casing as i have just found my half shafts are twisted!!

12 re-fit boostlogic FMIC

13 Full nut/bolt/fluid check/service of everything

14 Make a Aluminum stay for the rear Lexan window as it flexes like mad.

15 Source/Fit 2x caravan plastic locks for drivers/passenger windows

16 lighten/tidy steering rack

17 remove rear crash bar

18 convert idle air control valve to Bosch single wire type to free off some Outputs on the Solaris ECU

19Lower front suspension by approx 2"

20 Lower rear by 1.5"

21 New Hoosier quick time front tyres

22 New Tyres sets for rear!!

23design and fit own NOS system

That's all i can think of right now off the top of my head LOL

Edited by StuartW (see edit history)

Here a few general pics from the latter part of the season, A Kind Chap Called Mats that races in Street eliminator lent me his entire NOS kit...in aid of the stock block record attempts!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=123225&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=123228&d=1232210470

We fitted it from scratch in 3 hours in between races LOL!

attachment.php?attachmentid=123230&d=1232210470

The Horn buttons where converted to activate the NOS within a window from the ECU inputs of RPM,Boost,IAT's and speed...It works! The curly cable is from an old CB radio lol

attachment.php?attachmentid=123229&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=123227&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=123231&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=123255&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=123226&d=1232210470

This is my Personal Best from 2010 with Stock Block and road Tyres no NOS and only 1.5Bar of boost!

attachment.php?attachmentid=123224&d=1232210470

041120103856.jpg

MF4M1395.jpg

MF4M3870.JPG

270920103828.jpg

270920103833.jpg

270920103824.jpg

270920103825.jpg

270920103831.jpg

Edited by StuartW (see edit history)

Stuart What do you think about the stock block, on the drag . did you have any problems regarding the strenth of the whole engine. even when you installed the nos kit. If im going to enter the HKS drag next season . And I have only a stock block , with cams ,and single, with about 700 Bhp , and a shot of Nos for launch. In your experance do you think a stock lump will do the season, or is it a tall order .

Yes we where in RPM magazine, Dedicated to Doorslammer Drag racing. The Mag is huge in the states and i have now subscribed as it's a great read too.

I never managed to get a copy as they sell out very quickly!! Maybe you could Scan it and post up on this thread?

It really does put the Supra on the map as its apparently un heard of for a "Rice Burner" to be in this US based mag! I have been told it's either my passport to the states or my Funeral with the Japs LOL

http://www.rpm-mag.com/

I think it was less than £50 a year for 11 copies delivered to your Uk door.