The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ultimate Pro street Drag supra!

StuartW

Stuart What do you think about the stock block, on the drag . did you have any problems regarding the strenth of the whole engine. even when you installed the nos kit. If im going to enter the HKS drag next season . And I have only a stock block , with cams ,and single, with about 700 Bhp , and a shot of Nos for launch. In your experance do you think a stock lump will do the season, or is it a tall order .

My Stock block is fine and actually has a leak down and compression test better than when it went in as a 40Kilomere import!!

IMO the stock block with the correct ECU,Logging and careful mind would easilly do 5 seasons!

in Heindseight my Stock block was a Mare combination, the massive GSC stage 2 cams with 10.3mm lift only come on song from 6500-9000 Rpm, My red line for 3/4 of the season was 7200. I should have fitted some 264's....But the learning curve albeit a bit steep at times is for me what it's all about.

My EGT's where my limiting factor that then started to show cyl knock when we turned up the boost to 2.1Bar, Also uped the Nos from 50 to 75hp, My set up used a road spec turbo and was causing restrictions with it's .81 A/R

Although we managed lots of weekends there just was not enough track time to try everything we wanted too. Our best efforts on turning everything up was @ the Flame and thunder Late october....As you where there you will know the track/Weather was against us by then.

Also After the event we realised i only had a 2 bar map sensor fitted!!! this lost us a couple of potentially good runs, I just feel like i am ready to go faster now and would love more RPM's :-)

Feel free to fire me any more Q's........See you in the spring @ the Track ;-)

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Happy new year to everyone!!

I have been busy chipping away at it, I bought a 20x7.5x7ft Polling station to convert to a car trailer!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=124710&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=124709&d=1232210470

We have named it THE PEA GREEN TARDIS!

attachment.php?attachmentid=124708&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=124707&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=124706&d=1232210470

Also i got hold of an T6 Manifold and it actually fits really well! I am borrowing it at the moment but it gives me confidence on clearance issues i thought i may have :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=124705&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=124704&d=1232210470

The Built engine is now more ready after plastiguage-ing all the big end journals. The Stock block is ready to pop out and then build up the Cooking motor from the bolt ons currently used on the stock block :cool:

030120114214.jpg

030120114215.jpg

271220104097.jpg

271220104107.jpg

271220104114.jpg

271220104099.jpg

271220104104.jpg

Edited by StuartW (see edit history)

Laugh you may....BUT its actually fully insulated with ring main electrics,Full 12/240V lights, 4x Jacks, 2" thick solid floor,external hook up not to mention about half the weight of most Box car transporters that are usually built like a lorry box. But most importantly a front door lol, The caravan door will be set into the front nearside to make access easier once the car is inside.

I am very pleased with it, Just imagine the extra space when the car is in the pits under a Gala tent and the Tardis is party central ;-)

I think the ‘Pea Green Tardiest’ displays some real ingenuity on your part Stu, and your dead right it has some major potential with plenty of plus points.

I can see it now all colour coded to the car with some race inspired team livery, will certainly be looking the part then for sure.

That T6 manifold looks rather 'Large n Tastey' too, really great to see things progressing so well.

Loving the new trailer! :)

Cant wait to see the car run with its new powerplant!

Edit, question is, can you get out of it once you've driven it in?

YES! I have offset the car in the tardis by 2" this allows plenty of room to shimmy past on the OS,BUT...i have a Caravan door and frame from a 2010 Lunar with blind and waste bin, This will be set in at the front NS just behind the partition allowing access to the tool/parts section withoout having to open up the tailgate ;-)

How much does something like the HKS series cost for one series.

Not including the cost of the car or running costs. Pm me if you want.

The HKS Drag series is FREE to enter mate! Also there is prize money for 1st and 2nd places and the figures are not to be laughed at ;-)

You dont get mains hook up in the pits with HKS so Genny power is the only way, For the Street eliminator series you pay £150 a weekend (Some weekends are weds-monday 6 Days of track!!!) Electric mains hook up is included @ £40.

HKS is also running the academy series designed to get new people interested in the sport

http://www.japdragseries.co.uk/

http://www.streeteliminator.com/ The first rounds EASTER THUNDERBALL will be my first double header where i am racing in BOTH classes!!!!

• 1 month later...

Quick update pics to follow.

Well we have actually been relentlessy flat out on the new build and the Tardis!

I have now purchased Leon Greens 1400hp exhaust/Turbo set up. A GT47/88 with new Billett Compressor housing making it a hybrid 47/85.

We have decided on a team name SUPI-DO Racing In the HKS series we where first introduced as "Stuart's Super Swoopie Supra" and Supi-Do is Japanese for SPEED! and is referred to as "Speed God"

The Built engine's Rotating parts went off to John Sleath Race cars to be Dynamically balanced all returned A OK.

The Axle set is now stripped out awaiting funds to order the New Bigger spline axle package.

The Gearbox is stripped, cleaned, inspected and replaced.

The Boostlogic Massive FMIC is now fitted along with the 2x Tranny coolers and fans! (A tight squeeze)

The Stock J Spec Front shocks now have the softer and lower springs fitted

The Tardis drop down rear tailgate is finished and roof is now watertight!

I have New Legal FIA2000 Race overalls.

All slowly but surely going in the right direction......7 weeks countdown!!

2010 TV HKS drag series

http://japdragseries.co.uk/tv.php

Impressive spec list. How are you going to spool the turbo when it's that big. You either need Nitrous or a very loose converter.

If you look back about 2 pages you will see the NOS install, We found that a 50 shot was enough to instantly spool the turbo from 2800+rpm.

The convertor is a Neal chance Billet bolt together and i have several different Stators to bolt in. The problem last season was the convertor was built for 1200hp and we decided to run the stock block which was 850, so the stall was lower than expected due to lack of torque, Last year being the first was a MASSIVE learning curve..But Very much fun ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

All been flat out as only 6 weeks or so to the first event.

After pulling the car apart i found a few niggles as follows;

Black sludge in gearbox, Turns out to be the Kevlar band in the gearbox melted. This was because by brakes are pants so i used to down shift to slow down!

So after further investigation with a dial mike and a mag mount i found BOTH front wheel hubs out of true by 0.10mm This in turn passed on brake wobble/fade etc. I have since sourced some J Spec fronts with new drilled vented discs too overcome this too.

This change means i cannot run my 15J lightweight front wheels, due to clearance issues, So for the start of this season it will have stock Supra front wheels ;-)

The old axle has been sent off to be made NEW from scratch, 4" wider with an aluminium "Strange Race case" and a lower gear ratio.

I also found that the rear rose joint where worn and the 4 link rear bars bent!!

Should be receiveing the turbo/exhaust kit early next week so will update with pics

All in all everything OEM Toyota Supra has been fine and has not broken/bent/failed/melted. Everything that is "Drag Spec" USA has failed!!! Gotta LOL (";)

Looking good Stu - be good to see the kinda times you get this season :thumbs: What are you hoping for?

All in all everything OEM Toyota Supra has been fine and has not broken/bent/failed/melted. Everything that is "Drag Spec" USA has failed!!! Gotta LOL (";)

Toyota modifying in general lol :eek:

Looking good Stu - be good to see the kinda times you get this season :thumbs: What are you hoping for?

Toyota modifying in general lol :eek:

I am hoping to get to my chassis tag of 8.5 Seconds, Will be around 170mph, i should have 500 more hp!

If i run faster than 8.5 twice i am banned for safety reasons! It would be cool as chips to set up the Dash 2 with a 8 second warning timer so i have to break before the finish line. In drag racing that style is a whole world called "Bracket Racing"

Well here are todays pictures...If only we had 40 hour days and did not have to sleep :blink:

I absolutely love the 5" ovalled side exit exhaust, the Pics do not do it justice as the turbo fit and clearance is perfect...not to mention Feckin HUGE :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=128657&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=128656&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=128654&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=128658&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=128659&d=1232210470

The trunking in the rear is to direct the rear air intake brake scoops away from the tyres and nearer the axle to help in more ways than one ;0)

200320114330.jpg

200320114331.jpg

200320114332.jpg

200320114333.jpg

200320114334.jpg

200320114335.jpg