The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ultimate Pro street Drag supra!

StuartW

I am hoping to get to my chassis tag of 8.5 Seconds, Will be around 170mph, i should have 500 more hp!

If i run faster than 8.5 twice i am banned for safety reasons! It would be cool as chips to set up the Dash 2 with a 8 second warning timer so i have to break before the finish line. In drag racing that style is a whole world called "Bracket Racing"

But you would limit your time with throttle stop and not your right foot.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, I am after a set of std ACl race series big end and mains (Big end is priortiy) ASAP as had a lil mis hap when assembling the built engine. (Actually only need 1 Journal set)

or does anyone know a Uk supplier? I have googled and ebayed with no avail

Flat out on the build now will update asap with pics..Dyno booked @TDI (Hub dyno) on the friday 15th, then off for test and tune weekend @ pod...Fingers crossed!!!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well its been a very long story but we are loaded ready to aim for Torque developments international thursday14th the car has had a 50 mile road test/run in with no major faults! planning to unload it from the transporter and drive it the lst 100 miles (if dry) to dyno to complete the running in of the engine!!

Then (fingers crossed everything goes well) off to pod for a weekende of test and tune ;-)

got loads of progressive build pics to add asap.

Got a full wizards of nos install, wish myself the team and RyanG good luck..fingers and everything crossed zzz

Just leaving Tdi now and we managed to be the first to overpower Tdi's Dyno :)

Last reading we got at 1.8bar was 810 at the hubs on esso 97 fuel :rlol: any more boost and the packs slipped at peak torque.

I need a t6 turbo in my life. Full boost at 5k aswell which is amazing!

Bring on 2.5bar at pod on sat with nitrous!

Oh great, another dyno that turns out to be no good.:(

I'll be spraying my tires with evo stick and taping matt into the seat to do mine on our dyno !!!!!!! Did they give a reason as 810 is not a great deal in the scheme of things, when Stu cranks the boost up it will be way more.

Oh great, another dyno that turns out to be no good.:(

On a v160 it will be fine in 5th or 6th as the ratio is not 1:1.. but on a 2 speed glide box with a gear ratio of 1:1 ratio in 2nd, the delta torque is massive. It was nearly producing 800kw of energy!!!

Joys of auto's and Torque convertors

But the dyno is the only one in the UK that will do as well as it did last night. We were doing 30 second runs! So if you think normally stu's car would do a quater mile in under 10 seconds in both gears.... just how hard the packs would have to have been working to hold the torque back to make a run 30seconds so we could a.) get map perfect b.) know if it did a top speed run to 200+ it would be fine.

The dyno worked so well last night that now i have a volume efficiency plot laid out for up to 3bar. All the rest of the tuning is now done on the strip.

Well a 1am finish and now back off to work!

Edited by Ryan.G (see edit history)

I'll be spraying my tires with evo stick and taping matt into the seat to do mine on our dyno !!!!!!! Did they give a reason as 810 is not a great deal in the scheme of things, when Stu cranks the boost up it will be way more.

You coming sat?

On a v160 it will be fine in 5th or 6th as the ratio is not 1:1.. but on a 2 speed glide box with a gear ratio of 1:1 ratio in 2nd, the delta torque is massive. It was nearly producing 800kw of energy!!!

Joys of auto's and Torque convertors

But the dyno is the only one in the UK that will do as well as it did last night. We were doing 30 second runs! So if you think normally stu's car would do a quater mile in under 10 seconds in both gears.... just how hard the packs would have to have been working to hold the torque back to make a run 30seconds so we could a.) get map perfect b.) know if it did a top speed run to 200+ it would be fine.

The dyno worked so well last night that now i have a volume efficiency plot laid out for up to 3bar. All the rest of the tuning is now done on the strip.

Well a 1am finish and now back off to work!

Sounds good matey :thumbs:

BTW tomorrow should have the first vids of it ripping up the track!

attachment.php?attachmentid=130689&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=130688&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=130687&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=130685&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=130686&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=130693&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=130692&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=130691&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=130690&d=1232210470

We tested yesterday and got a 10 sec flat, lots to set up with the nos etc. Had boost creep so need a bigger waste gate, currently have a tial 44mm but have a 60mm gate at the workshop. will fit for next weekend. We stripped off the hotside and have it now back at the workshops in teignmouth. The car and camper are stored at the pod for the 4 day national starting racing this Friday 9am.

RyanG mental;

http://www.youtube.com/user/seaworthymarine?feature=mhum#p/u/6/54ODTL61m9U

Big Big Thank you to Sam @TDI and especially RyanG who's efforts have been EPIC to match the words i cannot find to describe how happy i am that the ol gal did not have a single hitch in her shakedown's Smiles for miles man...

030420114367.jpg

080420114379.jpg

090420114393.jpg

090420114401.jpg

130420114406.jpg

170420114424.jpg

150420114413.jpg

150420114415.jpg

150420114418.jpg

Edited by StuartW (see edit history)

i had some serious issues with ground clearance so flipped the rear shock brackets the other way around and heated the Exhaust to cherry red, a few hits later and we had 2" clearance :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=130700&d=1232210470

That is a Burns stainless silencer in there as it is road legal of course ocifer

030420114363.jpg