StuartW

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that RWHP?

I wish, Actually just happy ATM that nothing broke. Still lots of tidying to do generally on the wiring.

I was running a HKS 40mm WG and a Stuey special exhaust manifold, I have just purchased a HKS 60mm GT gate and manifold to flow better when we dyno with the built engine.

Ryan did not spend too much time on trying to get max power out of my stock lump, The std engine ran very sweet and is a nice tight TT motor (Spare for white car:D)

Last night was the first and last drive before i strip it tonight to make way for the built engine;)

All in all im happy and the 2 speed transmission set up seems to all work sweet.

Remember when it accelerates its only got 2 gears, 110MPH+ in low and 190+ in high.

The pull seemed comparable to my white 6 speed T67 but totally constant on the power,Nose Lift all the way :)

Even with only 600 fly hp she struggled for grip on the roads, Makes me think how LUSH she will be on the hot sticky black stuff with more power :sly:

Just been to public weighbridge and was shocked.

The car weighs with at least 40l of fuel 1220KG:Pling:

I was questioning the accuracy of the bridge (S) so took my audi allroad down aswell, Sure enough they are spot on! They even weigh me accurately to within i would say 5kg, So i checked that its metric tonnes etc etc and sure enough it is.

This is a real boost for me as i was expecting somewhere around 1500-1600.

Anyone had any experience on public weighbridges.

The plan earlier tonight, Before the mind bending drive i just had, Was to strip the engine out to have the Built engine put in, Then a re-dyno and off to the drag strips.

I am curious to have a benchmark on 600hp because it sure is a handfull as is:cool:

I am not patient enough to wait with the 600hp build til Shakey Mid May.

Ideally some track time before then would be the ultimate answer. Anyone got any pointers.

Does anyone have any idea of costs and notices needed to privately hire a strip for the day?

Stu

With that setup, weight/tyres/gearbox and power that will do an easy 10 second 1/4 id say, maybe even a 9.

Looks to have a boost problem? 0.8 bar then rising to 1.7bar with the revs? explains why it looks so laggy in the graph, tbh i am supprised even as like that is not making a lot more power with a 74mm turbo.

Just been to public weighbridge and was shocked.

The car weighs with at least 40l of fuel 1220KG:Pling:

I was questioning the accuracy of the bridge (S) so took my audi allroad down aswell, Sure enough they are spot on! They even weigh me accurately to within i would say 5kg, So i checked that its metric tonnes etc etc and sure enough it is.

This is a real boost for me as i was expecting somewhere around 1500-1600.

Anyone had any experience on public weighbridges.

The plan earlier tonight, Before the mind bending drive i just had, Was to strip the engine out to have the Built engine put in, Then a re-dyno and off to the drag strips.

I am curious to have a benchmark on 600hp because it sure is a handfull as is:cool:

I am not patient enough to wait with the 600hp build til Shakey Mid May.

Ideally some track time before then would be the ultimate answer. Anyone got any pointers.

Does anyone have any idea of costs and notices needed to privately hire a strip for the day?

Stu

About £3.5K I believe

There's a meeting at York Raceway on May day bank holiday weekend but it would be a good travel for you :(

You may have to wait until mid May for a normal track day event at Pod or Shakey unles you fancy spending big buck for private hire

I have booked the 6th May with Hauser to set up and corner balance the car.

Then off to pod for Friday king of the street.

Have also entered HKS Drag series.

The built engine is ever more nearing completion so i may keep the car together for the following weekend @ Shakey.

Using and working around the car is allowing me to see the loose ends that need tidying.

I have;

Fitted Bleede valve to rear of cyl head.

Finished wiring inside.

Finished SPA fire extinguisher system install.

Full fluids change. Using Shell Ultra 0-60 Race engine oil.

Replaced front pads with The type top fuel methanol cars use (They are still pants)

Familiarising myself with Laptop controls :blink:

Minor window adjustments (As they keep blowing out @ 100+)

Lexan colour coded sparks cover

I have purchased a HKS Manifold and 60mm GT Wastegate that i might get time to fit before Pod.

Replaced and colour coded all cooling hoses

Double checked ALL soldered connections:rolleyes:

Raised the nose for that extra MM of ground clearance i so desperately needed.

Rebuilt the car trailer:rolleyes:

All good :D

240420103367.jpg

240420103364.jpg

240420103365.jpg

I have booked the 6th May with Hauser to set up and corner balance the car.

Then off to pod for Friday king of the street.

Have also entered HKS Drag series.

The built engine is ever more nearing completion so i may keep the car together for the following weekend @ Shakey.

Using and working around the car is allowing me to see the loose ends that need tidying.

I have;

Fitted Bleede valve to rear of cyl head.

Finished wiring inside.

Finished SPA fire extinguisher system install.

Full fluids change. Using Shell Ultra 0-60 Race engine oil.

Replaced front pads with The type top fuel methanol cars use (They are still pants)

Familiarising myself with Laptop controls :blink:

Minor windor adjustments (As they keep blowing out @ 100+)

Lexan colour coded sparks cover

I have purchased a HKS Manifold and 60mm GT Wastegate that i might get time to fit before Pod.

Replaced and colour coded all cooling hoses

Double checked ALL soldered connections:rolleyes:

Raised the nose for that extra MM of ground clearance i so desperately needed.

Rebuilt the car trailer:rolleyes:

Looking at setting up on VP race fuel

All good :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=108980&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=108981&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=108982&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=108983&d=1232210470

240420103366.jpg

I just spoke to the POD and they said nothing on till the sat in fact you cant even get into the pod till sat at 8 in the morning.

Just spoke again with Lee Child 07771590176

He reassures me that King of the Street is on the friday, With time slots on the Sat and Sun.

He has also just called the POD office to re-confirm with the Person you just spoke to Dude.

King of the street is a closed event to the public (Test day) and All you have to do to enter is fill in the online entry form or even better give Lee a call.

http://www.kingofthestreet.net/

Entry fee is £100 but that covers Friday,Sat and Sunday.Driver and 2 crew. If you want to also enter RWYB then i think its an extra £10 to the POD

My plan was to get maximum Track time over 3 days :D

He said it would be nice (And very welcome) to see a few supra's there. Lee lives in the next town to me and Runs L.A. Racing parts and L.A.Racing promotions.

Thanks

Stu

Edited by StuartW (see edit history)

Just spoke again with Lee Child 07771590176

He reassures me that King of the Street is on the friday, With time slots on the Sat and Sun.

He has also just called the POD office to re-confirm with the Person you just spoke to Dude.

King of the street is a closed event to the public (Test day) and All you have to do to enter is fill in the online entry form or even better give Lee a call.

http://www.kingofthestreet.net/

Entry fee is £100 but that covers Friday,Sat and Sunday.Driver and 2 crew. If you want to also enter RWYB then i think its an extra £10 to the POD

My plan was to get maximum Track time over 3 days :D

He said it would be nice (And very welcome) to see a few supra's there. Lee lives in the next town to me and Runs L.A. Racing parts and L.A.Racing promotions.

Thanks

Stu

Cant do friday dude, thats my release day from Prison!!!!!:) so will see you there on the sat in the HKS pit.