StuartW

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You going to make suprapod Stuart?

I very much hope so, I am gutted that i am missing BugJam this weekend so that's 2 Events i have missed already :(

The time has allowed me to tidy the car generally and catch up with Work:) Also prepping the 6 Speed for some track fun :)

I should see the convertor mid next week so should be back firing on all 6 by the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Before i assemble the Diff i used a Magnetically mounted (Mag mount) DTI (Dial test indicator) to measure the backlash on the Spool Diff gears, This is how its done, The tolerance was .010" or 0.25MM it was spot on :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=114591&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=114592&d=1232210470

Its painted to match the car and has been dressed with a Sexy red topped Stocking!

attachment.php?attachmentid=114602&d=1232210470

attachment.php?attachmentid=114603&d=1232210470

This shows the locking nuts and how they have made up spacers to mate the 2JZ to the GM Glide

attachment.php?attachmentid=114604&d=1232210470

The bolts thread in through the feet and into convertor

attachment.php?attachmentid=114605&d=1232210470

The Convertor feet are bolted with recessed allen bolts right through the feet themselves so there is no error for movement

attachment.php?attachmentid=114606&d=1232210470

This is the spare stator suited for the Built engine and 1200hp!

attachment.php?attachmentid=114607&d=1232210470

110220073518.jpg

110220073521.jpg

110220073522.jpg

110220073523.jpg

110220073525.jpg

110220073528.jpg

Edited by StuartW (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Well it has been an epic few weeks, Most nights working on the car til gone 1am:blink: BUT its all worth it :D

I Had issues with the new Convertor creating soo much more heat than the previous set up. Now have 2 Purpose built double row tranny coolers with fans each, That in turn increases the Transmission oil capacity from 8L to 10L.

I have downsized the FMIC and pipework to aid lag and to help airflow and reduce heatsink whilst running the stock block.

The Drag Supra is finally on the button for SUPRAPOD.

I am travelling up on the Thursday to make the most of track time on the Friday Test and Tune day. Hoping to have a better effort at the stock block world record.

I have been on slimfast, cut me nails and hair so hopeful of that extra tenth :innocent:

Fingers crossed see you all there ;)

I have been on slimfast, cut me nails and hair so hopeful of that extra tenth

I'd advise to go naked down the strip, clothes weigh quite alot these days, I normally just drive around in the nude but for some reason the police aren't so fond of the idea :(

Glad its all up and running now Stu, hope you get some good times

Road tested and lost drive nearly crashed on a hill in rush hour....

Mr Frost is on the case, Basically the Gearshift cable adjustment is critical to 0.50" (Fifty thou) or 1.23mm, My cable became out of adjustment by 3mm, This selects low and hi gear...instantly burning out the clutch bands....Workin on stripping car now then drive to Birmingham tommorow AM, Frosty has all parts in stock...live and learn:superman: powers needed but will try our best...:D

Umm, Its tricky about the waether, But ALL forecasts do not show constant rain (Being hopeful) What is the rain off policy/Deadline. I guess if there is a chance of dry it will all still be on? I know it takes about 2 Hrs to dry the track from sopping and the Track marshall's are always Keen :)

• 1 month later...

Writing to you all from Holiday in Corfu :D

Just competed in the FIA Euro finals last weekend in Street eliminator series.

Check out the new profile pic!

http://www.streeteliminator.com/html/teams.html

Ryan G Came along to give me a track side tune, Will fill in on details later but the first run after the tweaks saw a 9.69 Smashing my previous PB by .20 of a second. The second run of the day led into my first night race! Another new PB 9.66@139mph 1.40 60ft time :D:D To say we are exstatic is an understatement!

The night race was the most exciting thing i have ever done, The crowd exceeded 18,000 over the weekend and i ahd never even contemplated a night run before!! Luckilly all the lights worked and it was a real rush :scared::scared:

Ryan informed me that we are now the fastest road legal supra in the UK beating Envy's previous record of 9.80.

Another round of the Street eliminator occurs the weekend after next @ Pod, 25th/26th September. and now we GOT NOS :flame:

Watch this space

p.s. got some excellent footage from inside and outside the car will post on YT ASAP

Cheers for all the support :)