Ultimate Pro street Drag supra!

StuartW

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are officially in the 150MPH club...The Chute is now MANDATORY..

Our best for the weekend was a 9.01 @156 mph, Struggling for traction all the way!

I am pretty sure we now have the WORLDS fastest street legal Toyota Supra?

We managed to do several 9 runs, 9.12, 9.22 all with a very poor 60ft time. Last year we had consistent 1.40 second 60ft's, The 9.01 was a poultry 1.8 second 60ft!!

Obviously now i need to look into the chassis set up to obtain a better launch and traction ;-)

My plans before the next meet (May 14th-15th PTM show) are new front and rear double adjustable drag shocks, New front MT Drag Road legal (Light weight and designed for street drag racing use) Tyres and to re-fit the lightweight front brakes.

She is booked in now at Websters race engineering on the 12th for a full corner weight balance and Baseline set up.

Hopefully with some new tyres (as the 9.01 was on tyres on the wear indicators) and the chassis tune we should see consistent times! Remember my Chassis is only built to run as fast as 8.50.

The 30 mile Cruise for Streeteliminator.co.uk was perfect with no issues, we are now already competitive with the BIG V8 Boyz.

I cannot thank RyanG enough for his support, every time he plugs his laptop in the car is FASTER :-)

Cant wait for the next race weekend...she is a real race car now and feels so amazing down the track Smiles for miles...OH YES!

Cars awesome Stu, are you racing at PTM ?????

BTW I think the Fastest street legal Supra ive seen is 7.8 in the States it was i think SW's car and thats a 6 speed Toyota axled car, I think there is a faster tubbed non Toyota axled/gearboxed car maybe low 7's !!!!!

2 years ago it was 7.91 @188mph, Darrins car was 3ltr and was 8.3 @ 174 ish and driven to work regularly, both 6 speed IRS all steel and glass street legal!!!!

Edited by dude (see edit history)

BTW I think the Fastest street legal Supra ive seen is 7.8 in the States it was i think SW's car and thats a 6 speed Toyota axled car, I think there is a faster tubbed non Toyota axled/gearboxed car maybe low 7's !!!!!

2 years ago it was 7.91 @188mph, Darrins car was 3ltr and was 8.3 @ 174 ish and driven to work regularly, both 6 speed IRS all steel and glass street legal!!!!

Agreed but they never did them times on street tyres, i know stuarts car is tubbed and runs huge wheels but im pretty sure they was fully treaded tyres last time i see the car.

Just out of interest, does street legal mean the tyres these guys run would be OK for the street? Also what about CATs, or does street legal mean it would pass a UK MOT or more like the MOT must of us get?

Agreed but they never did them times on street tyres, i know stuarts car is tubbed and runs huge wheels but im pretty sure they was fully treaded tyres last time i see the car.

So the DOT marked ET streets are street tyres ????? Not, they are not actually E marked and you would get a royal nicking on the road with them IF the police chose too, the argument can go forever the yank cars are proper street SUPRAS full interiors, all glass and driven on the road all the time, put Drag radials on the 7.91 @188 and what do you think will get knocked off, it will still run low 8's @ 180mph, there are cars in the states running low 7's on 8-10" drag radials (I was having this convo with Lee from LA racing) The Mickey Thompson ET Street is bias belted and simpl a slick with a tread cut in it, there is no diff in that or a dedicated slick, the reason to run a full slick is normally price, i can pick a set of rear slicks up that would prob last me about 3 meets for £70-90 as opposed to close to £600 for drag radials. face it we will NEVER compete with the yanks.

Just out of interest, does street legal mean the tyres these guys run would be OK for the street? Also what about CATs, or does street legal mean it would pass a UK MOT or more like the MOT must of us get?

I would hazzard a guess and say that not one car taken from the strip as it competes to a VOSA centre would pass an MOT, it would be lucky to not get a prohibition notice.

If you want to be honest there are 2 diff things, Street Legal or Street Car, they are 2 diff things, my car has a all its panels, speakers, 2 seats, lights, heater, PAS, electric windows all steel panels, proper road brakes etc etc and if im honest I would not want to drive it more than about 10 miles on the road, 4 plate clutch, solid mounted engine and diff, 1 piece prop, tight seats and a cage !!!!! I would say its just street legal in that it appears to be 'legal' you could not use it every day you would be a deaf gibbering idiot after a week. A true Street car in my opinion is Jamie P's, thats a street car, something that will do over 250 miles on a tank of fuel, drive well enough to pick the Mrs up in and if you had to jump in and drive to Malaga and arrive looking refreshed and with a smile, thats a street car. Ive now started sacrificing stuff from mine in the eyes of safety, look at the rules for the street section of the HKS/JDS drag series and have a look at a couple of cars in that (RX7) they barely would meet this criteria.

Street car or not ?????

Non Tubbed, Powerglide, Drag radials

Edited by dude
video added (see edit history)

one of our 9.1 runs

will upload some of our cruise to Halfords car park and fuel up at tesco's

Can someone embed this please

That went very straight Stu, if it had run like that when you turned it all up it would have run your 8, when are you running at a proper meeting again? The track won't be as sticky as that at another JDS meet this year!

Whats it like stopping from 150mph without using the chute Stuart? im thinking it might be tricky with skinny front wheels? am thinking of selling mine as i dont really want to fit a chute, any advise would be great.

If you want shot of em JP I'll take em, let me know.

You could enter any sportsman class (I think) they do like a 13.99 class!.....(Stu runs away from computer ;-)

Send Paula marshall an email full entry and rules on eurodragster.com#

I know Leon green and Brams Racing 350Z ran last weekend in i think Pro ET class just to get extra track time.

You could enter any sportsman class (I think) they do like a 13.99 class!.....(Stu runs away from computer ;-)

Send Paula marshall an email full entry and rules on eurodragster.com#

I know Leon green and Brams Racing 350Z ran last weekend in i think Pro ET class just to get extra track time.

I didnt want to enter the same class as you !!!:taped:

There is a new class that is heads up on the first day and bracket on the 2nd, thats more my cup of tea if its running by that meeting.

That's flying. Just have to work on that 60ft time. Running a tad rich with all that black smoke? :) But I guess you have to when running straight pump fuel.

What are the restrictions on street tyres? Could you run M/T ET Streets?

That's flying. Just have to work on that 60ft time. Running a tad rich with all that black smoke? :) But I guess you have to when running straight pump fuel.

?

First time I have seen a vid of it and does look like the fuel jet on the nitrous is abit too big. Thing with nitrous is it messes with widebands but with nitrous off it runs a perfect 0.8 lambda.

Ryan