Ultimate Pro street Drag supra!

StuartW

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wellhere it is the 8.8 video, the first supra wheelie i have ever done will be up next so feel free to subscribe to my you tube (costs nothing just register your email and then every time a new vid comes up it notifies you)

IZRqdt_xmqg

http://www.youtube.com/embed/IZRqdt_xmqg

Looked like a really good launch. Need some side on vids to see the wheelie ;)

Stu went home with a nice 1st place trophy and some money.

Still love that it's on v power

The 8.8 run was with a 1.5 60ft also :D when the shocks are set right stu is going to have to careful not to go past 8.5 as his car is tagged to that!!

Congrats mate

Does anyone have any thoughts or facts on what available pump fuel may be the better one to use?

I have actually ran whatever i can get til now, maybe time to ask the Q?

We have used Tesco super, BP ultimate and shell V max. we found when powerboat racing Tesco super was the best!

Cheers

Does anyone have any thoughts or facts on what available pump fuel may be the better one to use?

Are you allowed to add some Toluene, another option would be to dump some meth in the tank like the scooby guys ;)

We are allowed in the Jap series to run whatever we like as fuel, I plan to R&D Max Nos 119, the favourite for turbo NOS cars.

But for now we run pump fuel, As part of the Street Eliminator rules, during our mid weekend cruise we have to fill up with 10L of commercially available pump gas and show the receipt as well as having photo's taken filling up. We ARE however allowed to use any off the shelf available fuel additives so we are using "Power Pour" which we have had great results with, It runs at a ratio of 500ml per 20L of fuel and has allowed Ryan to add 6 degrees of timing, this showed a MPH increase from 156 to 159!! which in drag racing terms means approx 100 extra safe hp!!!

I am sure a few years back i found a recent review on which fuel suppliers where the best for consistency and octane.

Of course it does boil down to common sense as well, to get the fuel as close to the time you want to use it and to use a busy filling station etc.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

FYI the Power pour costs £15 per 500ml.

So it makes 20l of fuel cost approximately £44!! But still a lot cheaper than Sunoco Max Nos 119 octane.

a 20l drum is just under £120!!!!!, but it does make your exhaust smell nice and sweet ;-)

http://www.sunoco.co.uk/racing-Sunoco-MaxNOS

Here is what they say;

SUNOCO MaxNOS (119RON, 113MON and 0% oxygen) - Leaded

The MaxNOS is the newest product in the Sunoco race fuel range of high quality and high performance fuels and is replacing the Supreme NOS. All racers that have previously used the very popular Supreme NOS have reported increased power and lower qt miles times with the new MaxNOS. Thanks to a higher density and that it does not contain any oxygen (not beneficial in a NOS application) the MaxNOS is safe to run as a direct replacement for Supreme NOS. However, leaning off with approximately 1% will further enhance power but as with all recommendations please note that all engines are individual so make sure that any leaning off is carefully monitored.

The MaxNOS is especially blended for use in Nitros Oxide applications. It's very dense for such a high octane fuel helping to protect the engine in the NOS stage. Its carefully selected properties and very fast burning distilation curve makes it an ideal choice for highly tuned dragracing engines dramatically increasing engine power over similar high octane fuels. It blends with any pump fuel (for those who wants to boost the octane of normal petrol) and provides great protection against knock (pinking or detonation).

So this is something that we will look into and do more testing on in the future but for now pump fuel is my choice :-)

Theres no stopping the boy, I spoke to Stu last night and he was over the moon.

I think he is ready for Full power now :D Only 2bar a the moment so time to ramp it up to 2.4bar in 2nd gear and lean it off abit. Just hope the rain holds off tomorrow for the finals. You coming down mate?

Ryan

I think he is ready for Full power now :D Only 2bar a the moment so time to ramp it up to 2.4bar in 2nd gear and lean it off abit. Just hope the rain holds off tomorrow for the finals. You coming down mate?

Ryan

You will get him thrown off the track if you turn that up and lean it off, he is only teched to 8.5, save that for a test day and he has time to get the cage changed to 7.5 legal.!!!! Sorry your disqualified..............your cars too fast LOL. Well done Ryan now go tune that car.

Well we did it...a new PB and also we are now competitive against the Big V8 Boyz, we qualified 6th out of 13, remember the smallest engine apart from us is a 10.4 litre!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/seaworthymarine?feature=mhee

Someone can embed please..

Also My first ever Zero lights reaction, I had been doing average 0.300 seconds but managed a 0.03 which proves the car is capable of launching in a race situation!

All good, car going strong with only minor fettling to do before the next Jap JDS rounds on 18th/19th June (Japshow) :-)

Well we did it...a new PB and also we are now competitive against the Big V8 Boyz, we qualified 6th out of 13, remember the smallest engine apart from us is a 10.4 litre!!!!!

Also My first ever Zero lights reaction, I had been doing average 0.300 seconds but managed a 0.03 which proves the car is capable of launching in a race situation!

All good, car going strong with only minor fettling to do before the next Jap JDS rounds on 18th/19th June (Japshow) :-)

Stu you are not on the entry for Jap show, only 2 cars in Fac Mod and your not one of them, call Paula to check

http://www.eurodragster.com/santapod/entrylists/2011japshow.htm

Top stuff, getting quicker and quicker, well done :thumbs: