The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Goblin works garage supra on tv

Radio

Finally the episode from goblin works garage in on tonight on Quest channel 12. If you attended the night the show was filmed at the 3 sisters race course near wigan you may spot yourself. The car looked impressive but had lots of things on that you may think are not needed or won’t work or add anything to an already great car. Once the American market is on full stream maybe fast and loud might take one on with a a full engine build to match a jazzy body. Shame GWG didn’t get together with TRD. Worth a watch.

The wing is pretty cool but I’m not sure it would be functional as anything other than a fixed spoiler. It becoming a wind break is just a gimmick really.

I like the idea of the old school Japanese graphics though. Something a bit different

Front wheels definitely a no from me

To be fair I quite liked the finished product. Only 2 things I disliked where the front wheels blade things and the frame for the rear wing being all exposed like that.

My other thoughts of the show was the script/what they were saying, putting down the Supra in that way when it is so highly regarded. Also the ‘we’ bought it, then sold it to the club was cringe worthy and could put the club under an unwanted spotlight making out they paid for it.

I think if they went for an approach like........ “we have teamed up with Supra owners club” and went down the route of collaborating for marketing and benefit of the club. But hey that’s just my opinion and what I got from the show.

To start off by insulting anyone with a mkiv that is pretty much stock looking was rather poor and to

repeat it even worse

What was all the bullshit about buying the car then JB test driving it and pretending to buy it

Sorry i'm probably too old school for this stuff but that really was awful to watch, i doubt the wheel

things would pass an mot would they ? looked downright dangerous and as for the wing :blink:

God knows what audience your want to steer this club to if this is the way you think it should go

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

To start off by insulting anyone with a mkiv that is pretty much stock looking was rather poor and to

repeat it even worse

What was all the bullshit about buying the car then JB test driving it and pretending to buy it

Sorry i'm probably too old school for this stuff but that really was awful to watch, i doubt the wheel

things would pass an mot would they ? looked downright dangerous and as for the wing :blink:

God knows what audience your want to steer this club to if this is the way you think it should go

Totally agree, what a loada shite

repeat it even worse

Glad it was not just me that got that awful feel from the program.

All in all, I don’t mind the car, apart from the couple of things I mentioned, pleased those blades are gone.

It is not the clubs fault, no doubt the producers would have said like it or lump it with how it was brought over on TV. I just feel they could have done it better and had a greater impact. I think GWG will have alienated a lot of people with their remarks.

Squished fish...........really!!!!

Of course they talk it down because it makes their output seem more appealing to the viewer.

But yeah, good way to put the noses out of joint for the typical MK4 owner/fan. At least they gave the impression the Supra is a decent car, looks are always in the eye of the beholder regardless.

I thought it was an ok show, it's format was a bit wheeler dealer predictable tbh. Good to see Branners get his 5 minutes of fame :cool:

The club didn't have any input into what it came out like. Like it or hate it, free mods on a car which needed something doing to it and free promotion.

At the end of the day it was all a bit of fun.

I actually worked on the car at their workshop fitting all the lights and they were decent people. They have teams of people working in the background as they can't do everything and remember, it's a telly show, not a real garage. As Pete mentioned, the club didn't get any input of what the car looked like but as Jimmy told me, they would've had to spend a substantial amount of money to do only the engine and that wouldn't have been as appealing to watch. Yeah the turbofans aren't great looking but the wheels the car got for free after they're unbolted are beautiful IMO.

I actually worked on the car at their workshop fitting all the lights and they were decent people. They have teams of people working in the background as they can't do everything and remember, it's a telly show, not a real garage. As Pete mentioned, the club didn't get any input of what the car looked like but as Jimmy told me, they would've had to spend a substantial amount of money to do only the engine and that wouldn't have been as appealing to watch. Yeah the turbofans aren't great looking but the wheels the car got for free after they're unbolted are beautiful IMO.