The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Goblin works garage supra on tv

Radio

46 minutes ago, Branners said:

thought it was worth doing an update on this!

So the car is still hilarious to drive, I've never had so much attention when out and about.

Its had some serious issues with the ECU loom rubbing against the wheels which has caused the car a few problems to say the least. Those are all fixed now and its back to running properly! We had to raise the BC Coilovers a touch to avoid it rubbing the arch and to allow it over speed bumps.

The rear spoiler struts were fitted in such a way that the water runs down in to the motor and so one has siezed and I'm trying to source another.

It is great fun to drive and I hope to get it to a few meets this year. Not sure I will take it on Dragonball next year but we shall see.

I know it's not what we would have chosen to do to a Supra, but it gets attention and thats what we wanted!

Were these parts not under warranty?

Look forward to being allowed out this year, maybe, hopefully!

1 minute ago, Mo Reviews said:

Were these parts not under warranty?

Look forward to being allowed out this year, maybe, hopefully!

Once the car was handed over it became my responsibility. I didnt pay for Goblin Works to do any of the work on the car so there was no contract as such.

I think if they had fitted the kit before they would have known what to look out for, widebody cars generally have to have the ECU wiring tucked out the way.

2 minutes ago, Branners said:

Once the car was handed over it became my responsibility. I didnt pay for Goblin Works to do any of the work on the car so there was no contract as such.

I think if they had fitted the kit before they would have known what to look out for, widebody cars generally have to have the ECU wiring tucked out the way.

Ahh, that explains it!

I didn’t realise the stock ECU wiring runs so close to the wheel arch and I’m on my fifth Supra, Ha! Is it just behind the arch liner or something?

it is, it runs right along the wheel arch but the arch liners and proper sized wheels usually protect it. The goblin has no arch liners and 20" wheels on a widebody kit so it basically rubs everything especially when it was set so low. It looked amazing that low but couldnt even get over a reasonable speed bump. I had to reverse it out of a car park once otherwise it would have got beached on a speed bump.

Its been raised up now and can get over most speed bumps.

• Like 1

The wrap is holding up well to be honest, its a good wrap and was well fitted so I hope to get another year out of it yet, and probably change it for 2023 for the 30th Anniversary of the supra being launched.

I may take a look at the air cups if they work that well. I didnt want to put it on bags as I like how it handles at the moment!

7 hours ago, Branners said:

The wrap is holding up well to be honest, its a good wrap and was well fitted so I hope to get another year out of it yet, and probably change it for 2023 for the 30th Anniversary of the supra being launched.

I may take a look at the air cups if they work that well. I didnt want to put it on bags as I like how it handles at the moment!

Are you going for something a bit more subtle 😂 It definitely does stand out John!

2 hours ago, ellis said:

Personally, having had it sat on the drive for quite a while, I think it would suit a Toms livery. I know a guy who could produce the graphics! Either that or a dark metallic grey and go stealth mode. But Toms for me. 

Oh hell yeah! The Gran Turismo nostalgia will be strong with that one!

Edited by Mo Reviews (see edit history)

Coming from someone that was disowned when I first got my aero top for its stickers, I don’t hate this car. 

I think it’s just mad enough to be cool. 

on a different note I must have been in a coma as I never noticed this thread or the resulting program.. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The Raven said:

Coming from someone that was disowned when I first got my aero top for its stickers, I don’t hate this car. 

I think it’s just mad enough to be cool. 

on a different note I must have been in a coma as I never noticed this thread or the resulting program.. 

Ha me too.

Not seen a programme, and never seen this thread either.

So it’s a club car then? Advertisement piece. Great idea.

• 2 years later...

Much better now the ghastly wings gone but other than the new colours which I guess are a wrap and powder coated wheels has anything else been done ?

Looks like the headlights need at least a freshen up and i'd have painted the door handles too

23 minutes ago, Dnk said:

Much better now the ghastly wings gone but other than the new colours which I guess are a wrap and powder coated wheels has anything else been done ?

Looks like the headlights need at least a freshen up and i'd have painted the door handles too

New facelift headlights on the way as are white door handles but you're right - we've done f*ck all!!!!

• Haha 1