The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Goblin works garage supra on tv

Radio

Out of curiosity, did anyone get to see the car before it was 'revealed' at the end of the show?

Only Harry did as he helped with the lights, I did see parts of the car like the seats wheels and the making of the rear spoiler when visiting the garage but not the car its self , A funny thing was when it arrived that night at the Sisters Race Track we all were parked outside wait to be let in and then was told to look away as the car arrived behind us :D:blink:

Cheers

-Ian-

So people are going to see the goblin car driving around, come on here to read about it, and find a thread hating on it… :nana: :nana:

I like it, especially now the turbo wheel things are removed, but then I used to drive an F&F replica so love madness and graphics :D

Think everyone's entitled to an opinion no matter who it upsets, i actually don't like the show way more than the car.

I totally get the car got a free set of wheels bodykit wrap and seats re trimmed.

The wing is dire and like something a child would come up with but that's a simple fix.

The same goes for the creation fitted to the wheels but at least they've been removed.

All my opinion

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I like the car. Think it's cool a Supra got onto TV for any reason.

I do worry about the kit fitment. As I got my bumper from the same manufacturer and bumper needed work. I just hope without wrap guys dont have too many problems to paint.

I think playing down the Supra is to build a contrast when it's done. Can see why people got a bit upset by it.

It's all a bit of fun.

I enjoyed it it lol

I actually think the Supra doesn’t look too bad, especially with those wheel fans now gone

I’ve seen enough of these shows to know how it works and I was entertained...

I very much doubt the car was going to be perfect when finished, I’m sure if you look closer you will see imperfects but hey I can see imperfections on freshly painted cars ... I can see them on my car...

If you think they were going to repaint it can do a nice bumper lip and maybe a TRD spoiler.. well that not going to happen. They want to make a impact with every build no doubt

I do love those rear lights, might have to look into those myself

• 2 weeks later...

I find the negative comments quite interesting. I wonder if its because there isnt a person behind the ownership in the traditional format.

I personally see quite a few Supra and think god that's horrible but I never see people flocking to post.

I like it. Before everyone jumps on the bandwagon giving their opinion on it. Maybe they should consider not everyone would like their car if a mass debate was held on it.

I'm not sure about the spoiler. But any Gt300 kit with decent wheels (regardless of the size) looks nice to me. It's not a racing car so does need to be a bit of common sense if picking at their size

I've 19s so I cant say anything.

Are we now to hate on anyone owning 20s.

I look forward to seeing it to be fair. Though I'm not planning on wrap on my car I think the graphics are pretty cool.

As I’ve been part of the show I have to say from the show point of view the car has been a success .

If you’ve seen any of the GWG builds they’re all bold and loud . That’s the signature of the show and the fact that we are still talking about the car proves the point that it has been a successful one ;)

When (as a supra owner) I’ve been asked about my opinion by Helen (who actually envisioned the final thing) I said it’s not one for the purists and not my cup of tea but it’s done right . It has the right 90s over the top Jap tuning scene looks and it stands out enough to be fit for being a marketing tool for the club. And I really enjoy the car for what it is .

In a brief discussion with jimmy we thought it might be cool to connect the spoiler w the brake pedal and with the splitter sensors so when braking above a certain speed the spoiler will go up . Unfortunately we didn’t have time to look more into it .

Yes some of the work is happening off-site but that’s the case in EVERY tv series out there, but a lot of it it’s happening in the garage while filming ; specially a lot of the craftsmanship stuff. That’s why it’s called FACTUAL ENTERTAINMENT . It is scripted to an extend but not entirely .

For me it’s a success story . A lot of the 90s kids (as me) got in loving the Supra through F&F and NFS underground; and still here we are , owing Supras with no bold color options and neon lights underneath them .

So as a club member and Supra owner thanks to everyone involved and made it happen .

Ps what happened to the stock bumper ??? :p

Shame about linking brake pedal with the spoiler at a certain speed. I could have hooked you up there with the electronics!

That would have been cool.

Just use a what if function on a microcontroller pulling the tachometer speed value as a voltage.

Well. Firstly you would just specify over a certain speed it's in neutral position to stop that.

But secondly. If you're doing 150mph+ would you really be trying that with a BGW, 20" wheels and maybe spacers. I'm not so sure.

I mean I see loads of people pushing mental power. Is that stable lol? Just because its OEM with 800hp doesnt make it safe.

Anyway. I love unsafe stuff. Makes life exciting LOL

Since we are so desperate to do everything by the book, one shouldn’t do 150mph to start with.. cause it’s unsafe... (...and no exciting) period .

Anyway if you’re looking for things to hate you’ll find a plethora to do so ; that’s entirely losing the point though . GWG is a bold show targeting a younger audience that might be or not yet in the car scene; following a more “American” style format as it’s broadcasted worldwide . For the purists of the world there’re always other entertainment options such as the "Chasing Classic Cars"

Edited by Lil (see edit history)

As I’ve been part of the show I have to say from the show point of view the car has been a success .

If you’ve seen any of the GWG builds they’re all bold and loud . That’s the signature of the show and the fact that we are still talking about the car proves the point that it has been a successful one ;)

When (as a supra owner) I’ve been asked about my opinion by Helen (who actually envisioned the final thing) I said it’s not one for the purists and not my cup of tea but it’s done right . It has the right 90s over the top Jap tuning scene looks and it stands out enough to be fit for being a marketing tool for the club. And I really enjoy the car for what it is .

In a brief discussion with jimmy we thought it might be cool to connect the spoiler w the brake pedal and with the splitter sensors so when braking above a certain speed the spoiler will go up . Unfortunately we didn’t have time to look more into it .

Yes some of the work is happening off-site but that’s the case in EVERY tv series out there, but a lot of it it’s happening in the garage while filming ; specially a lot of the craftsmanship stuff. That’s why it’s called FACTUAL ENTERTAINMENT . It is scripted to an extend but not entirely .

For me it’s a success story . A lot of the 90s kids (as me) got in loving the Supra through F&F and NFS underground; and still here we are , owing Supras with no bold color options and neon lights underneath them .

So as a club member and Supra owner thanks to everyone involved and made it happen .

Ps what happened to the stock bumper ??? :p

All the parts picked up from GWG are still stored in our warehouse at work. They all belong to Branners at the moment.

Its different...which was the point of it. I've never been a big fan of the GT300 bodykit, its just silly wide IMO, front lights get lost and the curves just don't sit 100% right - makes it look like an actual squashed fish :rolleyes: could definitely do with shaping and refining as it does have potential to look lovely.

My favourite parts of the car - interior retrim, wheels (Actually really like these - bar the turbo fans :stink:) and LED indicators/rear light. The wrap is not something I'd ever do on my own car, but for the club, I'd say its quite suiting and I think it looks alright for what it is.

Enginewise - BPU atleast? Would've been nice to see some of the work actually carried out too...

I think I am going to write off GWG as putting the Supra aside, the cars they have done this series were just utter garbage, it is getting silly now

Take that new style VW beetle, on what planet was what they done to that car acceptable?

Next they will be sticking fish tanks, toasters etc in cars, pimp my ride esq

• 1 year later...

thought it was worth doing an update on this!

So the car is still hilarious to drive, I've never had so much attention when out and about.

Its had some serious issues with the ECU loom rubbing against the wheels which has caused the car a few problems to say the least. Those are all fixed now and its back to running properly! We had to raise the BC Coilovers a touch to avoid it rubbing the arch and to allow it over speed bumps.

The rear spoiler struts were fitted in such a way that the water runs down in to the motor and so one has siezed and I'm trying to source another.

It is great fun to drive and I hope to get it to a few meets this year. Not sure I will take it on Dragonball next year but we shall see.

I know it's not what we would have chosen to do to a Supra, but it gets attention and thats what we wanted!