The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paul brown cars?

awu98

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've really liked a few Paul Brown cars from their website, think I'll stick to buying from here next time.

I got a good car from them, although that is testiment to the previous owner rather than PB who fortunately didn't have it long enough to play around with it. When testing the buy back promise they said no on the basis of having 4 UK spec in stock, one of which is being tidied up! Poor car!

Shame I had to dance with the devil to get the right car. If a wanted thread on here doesn't get what you want and they have it I wouldn't discount their stock, just go through the history with a fine tooth comb, get full independant inspection done and if no alarm bells offer bottom dollar as their reputation is in tatters!

In no way read this as an endorsement! I wouldn't give them the time of day let alone trade with them again!

I got a good car from them, although that is testiment to the previous owner rather than PB who fortunately didn't have it long enough to play around with it. When testing the buy back promise they said no on the basis of having 4 UK spec in stock, one of which is being tidied up! Poor car!

Shame I had to dance with the devil to get the right car. If a wanted thread on here doesn't get what you want and they have it I wouldn't discount their stock, just go through the history with a fine tooth comb, get full independant inspection done and if no alarm bells offer bottom dollar as their reputation is in tatters!

In no way read this as an endorsement! I wouldn't give them the time of day let alone trade with them again!

Pretty much what you should do on any car, the car world would screw its own granny

if it had one and as said before, trust it at your peril.

Hi

Just a quick email to say, regarding our repuation. There is nothing on this forum to suggest we sold a bad car to any body for we did anything bad to be honest. The posts these guys keep refering to is one guy who clearly had no intentions of buying and still hasn't bought a car bieng refused a viewing!!!. Apart from that there are some very jealous individuals making immature self-soothing remarks to please themselves perhaps and thats pretty much it.

Just to add we have a 12 months unlimlited mileage warranty on all of our TT supras. So you will be covered for track use too! Also please if anybody does get a chance come and view our stock and you will see why we have outsold any other jap performance dealer at least 10 fold over the last year!!!.

You will find our stock is the cleanest and the 'mintest' compared to anybodies. If you dont agree then we will refund twice your travel costs. Can't be anymore fairer than that.

Of course we can't please everybody, beacause we do choose who we sell our cars too. Unlike other dealers its not about the money. If someone sounds not right or asks us if we can supply them a 'wicked' looking supra we will ask them to take their business elsewhere. Its quite simple, now if they want to spit out their dummy and go cry on a forum about it let them.

Regards

from earlier on in the thread.

I will take pics of our new place tommorow we can hold 80 cars on site and have room for 18 indoors previously we were based in a smaller unit but again we held 12 cars indoors and about 23 on site.

Has anyone seen the pics?

If you have a nice showroom then you would have that as the backdrop to

your photo's thus giving any potential customer more piece of mind and give the

impression that their dealing with a proper company.

Has anyone seen this showroom or is it the open air side street as mentioned

earlier.

I think the question is, will we see them on Rogue Traders or here first ?

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I think it's safe to assume the following

Paul Brown doesn't exist. The name is a misnomer to create the image of a reputable business. The reality is a bunch of guys who collectively have a load of cars bought on the cheap that they are trying to pass off as top quality examples. Like the Yellow S15. They try to prey on people who are clueless about Japanese sports cars. Of course a few of the cars probably are ok. Most have dubious history though and upon inspection by someone who has some basic knowledge the truth is revealed. This is proven by a simple google search, plenty of dubious reports on the MLR, SXOC, DW etc from people who have been to see the cars and are at met on a side street by a couple of chancers.

My favourite claim from them though is that they are selling 10 times as many cars as the competition. If you look at the companies left in the import game - DCY, JM, Torque GT, SVA etc they conservatively average around 10 units a month each I would think. Therefore PBC are claiming to sell 100 a month. They hold 24 in stock, so they are turning there stock over every week. This is clearly rubbish. The warranty claims are laughable as well and clearly demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of the motor trade.

I think it's safe to assume the following

Paul Brown doesn't exist. The name is a misnomer to create the image of a reputable business. The reality is a bunch of guys who collectively have a load of cars bought on the cheap that they are trying to pass off as top quality examples. Like the Yellow S15. They try to prey on people who are clueless about Japanese sports cars. Of course a few of the cars probably are ok. Most have dubious history though and upon inspection by someone who has some basic knowledge the truth is revealed. This is proven by a simple google search, plenty of dubious reports on the MLR, SXOC, DW etc from people who have been to see the cars and are at met on a side street by a couple of chancers.

My favourite claim from them though is that they are selling 10 times as many cars as the competition. If you look at the companies left in the import game - DCY, JM, Torque GT, SVA etc they conservatively average around 10 units a month each I would think. Therefore PBC are claiming to sell 100 a month. They hold 24 in stock, so they are turning there stock over every week.This is clearly rubbish. The warranty claims are laughable as well and clearly demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of the motor trade.

Can't argue with any of the above and really like your last line :)

Not bought a car from them, but I have been there before. The buyer of my Silver Supra came from Germany to buy a car from them and collected my Silver one at the same time. I met him there as he said it was easier for him, rather than navigating in London.

The showroom was decent looking, and the person dealing with my German buyer was professionally dressed in a suit and was what you would expect from a dealership. I would say it was a medium sized business with quite a fair few cars in the lot.

I was only there for 10-20 minutes but from what I saw it is a decent looking establishment and no way a bunch of bedroom traders.

Not bought a car from them, but I have been there before. The buyer of my Silver Supra came from Germany to buy a car from them and collected my Silver one at the same time. I met him there as he said it was easier for him, rather than navigating in London.

The showroom was decent looking, and the person dealing with my German buyer was professionally dressed in a suit and was what you would expect from a dealership. I would say it was a medium sized business with quite a fair few cars in the lot.

I was only there for 10-20 minutes but from what I saw it is a decent looking establishment and no way a bunch of bedroom traders.

Did you meet Paul Brown?

Your report is the polar opposite of the other things said about them.

Did you meet Paul Brown?

Your report is the polar opposite of the other things said about them.

I didn't ask the guy his name as I didn't speak to him. I was there only to drop my car off to someone else who was buying from them.

I only say what I saw.

Maybe we have found the mole.....

Yes of course you have :rolleyes:

They're only in High Wycombe, it's not on the other side of the world. I'm sure we have alot of members in that part of the country who can swing by as well.

95% of car dealers buy car's cheap, try and fix them up and sell them on. One of the reasons I would never buy any car from a dealer myself.

I have no idea on their quality of car's, but do know if most of the dealerships around were scrutinised like this they would be in the same boat.

My advice, stay away from dealers and buy a Supra from an owner who has full history, and a verified reputation.

If you want something specific, call Jurgen and he'll do you right.

His prices reflect the quality of his car's. Buying cheap is always gonna cost in the long run

Im Paul from Paul Brown Cars we advertise on the forum banners here.

Just want to say hello and comment on what a great forum you lads have here,

I love coming on here and reading through the post, lots of great humour here excellent club spirit and hopefully would like to bump into you guys on some meets.

Thanks

Sure some on the forum would like to bump into him too.

Just because he says he is "Paul from Paul Brown Cars" doesnt mean he IS "paul". Anyone can say their name is **** on a forum. I could tell everyone my name is Bob and no one would know different (except those who personally know me).

Yes of course you have :rolleyes:

They're only in High Wycombe, it's not on the other side of the world. I'm sure we have alot of members in that part of the country who can swing by as well.

95% of car dealers buy car's cheap, try and fix them up and sell them on. One of the reasons I would never buy any car from a dealer myself.

I have no idea on their quality of car's, but do know if most of the dealerships around were scrutinised like this they would be in the same boat.

My advice, stay away from dealers and buy a Supra from an owner who has full history, and a verified reputation.

If you want something specific, call Jurgen and he'll do you right.

His prices reflect the quality of his car's. Buying cheap is always gonna cost in the long run

I don't think it's fair to tar all traders with the same brush. There are plenty of great car dealers around. As you said they buy cheap cars and do them up, the difference is in the quality of work, and not using write offs like that S15 and try to pass it on as a good example.

Paul Brown / Bargain Cars / Boys Toys sales method is also deplorable, they saturate Pistonheads with adverts and bump them back upto the top pretty much everyday. They also bad mouth other traders (some of the stuff I've read has blatantly been targeted at respected dealers like Jurgen and Newera).

It's cowboys like these that give car dealers a bad name, and it should not be stood for.

Considering our forum and the quality of the members cars on here I completely agree with your advice.

Unless its a sub 3yr old car and I wanted the manufacturers / extended warranty personally I wouldn't bother with a dealer.