The mkiv Supra Owners Club

~~~ Supra Pod 2007 ~~~ (questions, chit-chat, etc)

mawby

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heyrick... There are lots of us Drag Virgins going, like you said, how many times can you do a 1/4 mile drag without looking over your shoulder ...:eyebrows:

Do it Do it Do it....

I dun it dun it dun it!

Booked and paid for - :D

Spent the afternoon with a mate who used to do drag racing in the states so he's been giving me all the tips (go on the last yellow don't wait for the green... use the previous persons wheel marks etc etc.

He wanted to know at what revs you get the best torque (stock TT) Anyone know?

Anyhow, getting excited now. Lookin forward to seeing you guys!

Gotta get cleaning now...

Well done fella, good on you for giving it a go :)

We're not racing against the lights, so you don't have to worry about a slow start affecting your time. Of course, if you want to you can, its alwasy good to know your reaction time.

Peak torque is around 3800-4200 rpm, but I don't see that it makes much difference knowing that as its an auto.

If I'm on the gate I can be easily bribed with offerings of Haribo. :)

"Kids and grown-ups love it so, the happy world of Haribo!"

:yummy: Never without a bag of tangfastics :D 3 bags ready to go AND...A VARIETY BOX!!!(Available just before the gate for a good price ;) :D shhh don't tell Mawby :whistle: ) :innocent:

It's not actually a race. You could leave well after the other car and still post a faster time if you have the faster car.

Yeah I knew that - just that I could hardly get a word in edgeways with my mate once he got started - I think he was quite excited about passing on his 'knowledge'!

Thanks for the encouragement guys! :thumbs:

HeyRick, What part of Devon u from? I'll be leaving at some god eartly hour if your up 4 a mini convoy.

Mid Devon, near Crediton. The idea of a convoy was putting the wife off coming so I scratched that idea early on. I don't think she likes the idea of trying to keep up with the rest of you. :rolleyes: Plus the fact that the other convoys were going the long way round and having loads of stops so I'd have to leave about 4am to meet at the start!

Added to that, I don't exactly know how early we can get away yet - babysitters and all that.

Hope to see you there! :)

Anyone who lives near to Manchester airport or Sale/Altrincham fancy picking up some shocks & springs off Daston for me? I'll pay £20 for the trouble :)

Picking up from the POD and bringing home ?

I have space in my car ;)

Unless anyone closer to you offers ?

We could meet half way or something to drop them off, we can work it out later.

Let me know.

Paid List Spreadsheet updated and attached to main thread as of 11PM 19th April 2007.

58 competitors total so far. Anyone that has a '**Not Given**' on their entry line should email as per paid list post update instructions on main thread to send any additional information.

Thinking ahead to the day - please give your competitor number or spectator list number to the person on the gate when you arrive, this will minimise delays from people trying to scan a spreadsheet to find your name / reg.

Cheers,

Brian.

Mid Devon, near Crediton. The idea of a convoy was putting the wife off coming so I scratched that idea early on. I don't think she likes the idea of trying to keep up with the rest of you. :rolleyes: Plus the fact that the other convoys were going the long way round and having loads of stops so I'd have to leave about 4am to meet at the start!

Added to that, I don't exactly know how early we can get away yet - babysitters and all that.

Hope to see you there! :)

No worries mate, see you up there.