The mkiv Supra Owners Club

~~~ Supra Pod 2007 ~~~ (questions, chit-chat, etc)

mawby

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there another thread which i've missed or are we being split into groups so people have a certain amount of time on strip with no real queues?

That idea was knocked on the head, we're going to have all people running all day. There's only 40 or so people signed up so queues should be very short!

Hi all.

I know a little bit about drag racing ;) and have a product that can help those who want to have an edge over others.

We sell a drag-specific product which increases traction by softening your tyres. Its called GRIP.

You spray/paint it onto your tread ( it can be used on any tyre ) and it soaks in to soften the rubber.

Its in stock and costs £20 delivered to your door and will do around 40 tyres. It doesnt go off so you can coat your tyres and use it again later on.

Best thing about it is that you cant see it on the tyres and no one knows you have applied it.

To buy a can, contact me and I will get it sent out tomm.

Cheers

Andy

My car is not going to be running for Saturday so I need to find dsomone to take my place as I have already paid. pm'd Branners for advice but no reply.

Not sure if this is transferable but if anyone needs the place and has paypal problems, can you let me know and I'll run it past the mods.

Cheers

will there be any drifting allowed where they noramlly do the drift demos at the pod?

to do the drifting meant getting the barriers put up which would have cost us even more money. The usual drift demo people offered us their services for free but I couldnt justify the additional cost at that point.

Maybe next time.

JB

Paid List Spreadsheet updated and attached to main thread as of 12.30AM 19th April 2007.

55 competitors total so far. Anyone that has a '**Not Given**' on their entry line should email as per paid list post update instructions on main thread to send any additional information.

Thinking ahead to the day - please give your competitor number or spectator list number to the person on the gate when you arrive, this will minimise delays from people trying to scan a spreadsheet to find your name / reg.

Cheers,

Brian.

Hehe:D cheers mate.

I tried cutting and pasting the sheet but I'm only using Excel viewer and I can't do a thing with it.

If no-one has posted it when I get to work I'll do it then for the folks that can't read it/open it etc.

Seriously thinking about coming to this now and, having read all the posts on it, I think I might just be brave enough to have a go! I don't get chance to come on the forum much so I only saw this a couple of days ago.

It's a long way but it seems too good an opportunity to miss. I've never been to a car meet let alone a Supra one! I need to take the car for a test run later before I can commit (just done some work on the brakes).

What is the latest for payment? - should know by tonight and I would pay then if ok?

To those that have enquired about refunds because they now can't run:

You can sell your space on privately to someone else

or we will refund £45 of the £52 to cover fees. Please email [email protected] with the subject 'Supra Pod 2007 Refund Request For insertmembernamehere' to let me keep track of this. Include your competitor number in the email. JB did strikethrough on this while we discuss it

Spectator tickets will not be refunded.

Cheers,

Brian.

Seriously thinking about coming to this now and, having read all the posts on it, I think I might just be brave enough to have a go! I don't get chance to come on the forum much so I only saw this a couple of days ago.

It's a long way but it seems too good an opportunity to miss. I've never been to a car meet let alone a Supra one! I need to take the car for a test run later before I can commit (just done some work on the brakes).

What is the latest for payment? - should know by tonight and I would pay then if ok?

it will be well worth it, and you should get to some meets there,s some great people on this forum;)

i MAY be able to run if my wheel bearing is the only problem (as sorting it tonight).. is it still possible to pay for track use say tomorrow??

Heyrick... There are lots of us Drag Virgins going, like you said, how many times can you do a 1/4 mile drag without looking over your shoulder ...:eyebrows:

Do it Do it Do it....