The mkiv Supra Owners Club

~~~ Supra Pod 2007 ~~~ (questions, chit-chat, etc)

mawby

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HI, Guys

Will there be any space for me to bring my MR2 to the saturday sonta pod run?

a member from imoc said you have spaces to fill?

didnt want to just put my name down until i asked ;)

I'll answer you fella, nobody else seems to want to ;)

The big forum boss posted this earlier:

we may be keeping this to just supras after all.

one of the mods will post details up later if we are.

As you can see above I asked when we'd know, Homer says tomorrow :(

As you know, the club didn't get the sign up that was anticipated when we made the decision to run the event.

When we decided to go ahead, the mods decided to help subsidise the event by paying for the track prep etc and the liability/cancellation insurance, and the rest of the cost would be taken up mainly by the 75 runners and an anticipated amount of spectators.

Unfortunately, this hasn't occurred, and we were looking at a potential loss for the club on the basis of sign ups, and the only conceivable way of averting a loss was to open it up to other clubs.

However, in my opinion, what makes this event so attractive to me and to no doubt all the other participants and spectators, that this was/is to be a Supra day.

So we could decide to go one of two ways:

Open it up for other clubs to participate or;

Keep it as our club day, take the hit on the loss, and perhaps learn some lessons for the future.

Therefore, unless there are any vociferous objections from members, the mods have decided to keep this as a club event for club members including our Aristo members who wish to particpate. They're as much a part of this club as anyone else.

We will also allow Mr Cannys three MR2 friends to run seeing as they have cancelled plans to attend and it seems only fair having asked for help in the first instance to allow them to run, as they have made the effort to help support our club.

We will also allow Mr Cannys three MR2 friends to run seeing as they have cancelled plans to attend and it seems only fair having asked for help in the first instance to allow them to run, as they have made the effort to help support our club.

That's jolly decent of you - I presume they still need to pay up in advance to secure a place?

I presume they still need to pay up in advance to secure a place?

If they wish to run then they will still need to pay in advance. Details on how to pay on post #5 here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=105843

As they do not all have a username here, can you ask them to add their username as "MR2OC", though please ensure their Reg numbers are supplied so they can be check on the gate. tDR will update the list once the payments are received.

Guest spudfromengland
Messages passed on - spudfromengland are you OK with all this and still going?

Thanks michael ;)

yeah i still want to attend i have put my name down on the calender, AND MADE PAYMENT BY PAYPAL :)

see you all there

cheers

Andy

Since reading Class One's post above I have decided to support the club by paying for a race however I may not actually have my Supra with me, it might be the Audi, in which case I won't run unless you need a pace car *grin*

Can someone confirm this is OK, and should I give you both registrations numbers when I pay the money?

Thanks michael ;)

yeah i still want to attend i have put my name down on the calender, AND MADE PAYMENT BY PAYPAL :)

Nice work - the other two are SimonW and AndyF so you should have some fun with the Supras :)

Hope you don't mind but I've attached one of your slips for the chaps to look over.

garage.jpg

quick question for Mods. I'm coming up in a friends Golf as my Supra is sick. So 3 or 4 of us will be paying as spectators in this car. I cannot find my membership card anywhere, Mawby provided a link that could be printed out in this situation before. Could someone please give me this link and will this be acceptable to show on the gate on the day when we pay?

Cheers

I might also be willing to accept 'friends of supra owners' with their cars if anybody has any that are interested.

Quote:

My best mate would love to run his car if allowed?

Its a pretty much standard vw corrado vr6 and he knows he will get his ass whopped but he's getting a turbo conversion soon and would like to have a bench mark time!

Hope you guys on here would'nt mind as he's a life long friend..

let me know cheers chris..

Ok well i feel like a real muppet now as i spent 30 mins that night talking my friend into surporting our club and running his car, he agreed and is NOW really looking forward to being the slowest car there!!

Is there any chance he could still run? as i dont want to now tell him that he cannot run!!

I know all the other non supra runners are still toyota, so i could get him to change the badges on the car:p

I know he is REALLY excited about this and will be gutted if he cannot run, and to be honest ill be gutted too as hes a very good friend and i know how much he is looking forward to this!!

Hope you can help me out on this one, as i dont fancy licking egg of my own face!!

cheers guys....