The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MkV launch and updates thread

Branners

I don't mind the exterior to much, that'll be easy enough to change with a kit, suspension and wheels etc. (Read someone is already developing an FT-1 kit).

It's the interior that bugs me the most.

Think the new Z4 did a better job and looks more 'Supra' like as at least it aims towards the driver.

Also what's with the 2 colours? Driver gets red and passenger gets black to make the car more driver focused?? Just looks odd in my opinion and you would have to explain that to everyone who notices.

7bmwz4.jpg

2829755f-2020-toyota-supra-gr-1_2.jpg

Edited by ben_harmer32 (see edit history)

So you can buy a mkiv, BPU it, nicer alloys, few suspension mods and stick the BMW gearbox conversion in and still have money leftover.

Also i looked at the two manufacturers websites:

Supra from £52,695

Z4 M40i from £49,050

Um, what? The BMW is £3.5k cheaper and a convertible option which always raises the price....

Edited by TuneR (see edit history)

So bmw tweaked the map to give them .2 of second quicker I guess from there point of view it's their engine although a bit of a kick for Toyota, I also read the z4 will have a manual option later . So the supra is the same price as a new cayman s with the pdk a manual slightly cheaper at 53 but does seems crazy a m2 comp is cheaper and with 410hp but again the cayman with 60hp less beat the m2 comp ring time by 12 seconds :search:. Wont have to wait long people will soon get the new supra and if a simple map tune and exhaust and filter get 450hp it will be interesting

So bmw tweaked the map to give them .2 of second quicker I guess from there point of view it's their engine although a bit of a kick for Toyota, I also read the z4 will have a manual option later . So the supra is the same price as a new cayman s with the pdk a manual slightly cheaper at 53 but does seems crazy a m2 comp is cheaper and with 410hp but again the cayman with 60hp less beat the m2 comp ring time by 12 seconds :search:. Wont have to wait long people will soon get the new supra and if a simple map tune and exhaust and filter get 450hp it will be interesting

Yea but I think the point is we’re paying the same as a cayman S and way more than an M2 and should be getting that performance out of the box. Having to buy the car as is and pay more for aftermarket parts at that price, considering the competition? Yea that’s a bad sign

Gotta say im disappointed.. slower and underpowered compared to the z4.. massively overpriced considering bmws and porsches offerings. I love the look of it but the heart of it is disappointing. I put a deposit down on the 1st day, anyone have any idea how i get that back because i cba with it now :(

Gotta say im disappointed.. slower and underpowered compared to the z4.. massively overpriced considering bmws and porsches offerings. I love the look of it but the heart of it is disappointing. I put a deposit down on the 1st day, anyone have any idea how i get that back because i cba with it now :(

You should have been given a “supra champion” at your local dealer. They can help with a refund.

I told mine of my concerns and I wanted to test drive it first. He rang HQ and they said I could reserve the car I wanted (you only get to choose colour anyway) and then if I wasn’t happy upon test driving (demonstrators turning up in May) then I could have my money back.

So it’s up to you. Might be worth it just to be the first to test drive it. I can understand you being unhappy though. I’ve been gutted for a while now. I still have a small amount of hope the GRMN edition will be decent.

If they will do it then I’d buy mine under the condition that I can trade mine in for the GRMN. Doubt it though.

I cancelled my deposit this afternoon, nothing special enough to warrant a buy at this time and I noted that the A90 editions were already sold out at 12:00.18pm :D.

I’ll wait to see if there is a GRMN version further down the line, but it’s prabably going to be sold out before you can buy it again.

Oh well, not to upset as Teresa’s not exactly settling my financial nerves at the moment :D.

I cancelled my deposit this afternoon, nothing special enough to warrant a buy at this time and I noted that the A90 editions were already sold out at 12:00.18pm :D.

I’ll wait to see if there is a GRMN version further down the line, but it’s prabably going to be sold out before you can buy it again.

Oh well, not to upset as Teresa’s not exactly settling my financial nerves at the moment :D.

The only way I’d get this is if it got me a guaranteed GRMN and the price wasn’t insane. Otherwise what’s the point. May as well get a 2nd hand LC500 or GTR