The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MkV launch and updates thread

Branners

One good thing parts should be cheap no more rip off mkiv tax , gt86 new front bumper painted £160 , trd parts not stupid prices either gt86 trd steering wheel £400 , trd low mount seat rails £260 , trd dry carbon dash panel £500 I reckon there will be heaps of TRD add-ons for the new supra as there's loads for the gt86

The MkV Supra may be a good car, it just doesn't deserve the Supra name.

The MkIV Supra was a gamechanger... Was largely a bespoke design, everything top of the range.

The new car is basically someone elses sloppy seconds, not even the M3 flagship motor.

New car is a roadster, old one a GT car..

Its just not the evolution that the world expected from a legend.. The Supra name should have ended with the MKIV.

Toyota every now and again makes a legend of a car, 2000GT, AE86, MKIV Supra, MK2 MR2, LFA to name a few... After they make these, they seem to forget how to make a follow up.... GT86, Mk3 MR2, RC-F to name a few, all poor successors, possibly good cars, but not worth of their predecessors..

Toyota need to start listening to their customers, and stop being so stubborn and proud.

The MkV Supra may be a good car, it just doesn't deserve the Supra name.

The MkIV Supra was a gamechanger... Was largely a bespoke design, everything top of the range.

The new car is basically someone elses sloppy seconds, not even the M3 flagship motor.

New car is a roadster, old one a GT car..

Its just not the evolution that the world expected from a legend.. The Supra name should have ended with the MKIV.

Toyota every now and again makes a legend of a car, 2000GT, AE86, MKIV Supra, MK2 MR2, LFA to name a few... After they make these, they seem to forget how to make a follow up.... GT86, Mk3 MR2, RC-F to name a few, all poor successors, possibly good cars, but not worth of their predecessors..

Toyota need to start listening to their customers, and stop being so stubborn and proud.

This is absolutely spot on, i couldn`t have said it better myself

That unveil was for me a complete load of bullshit, with that jap guy banging on about his design work going into it bla bla bla, what a waste of time.

Yea it’s a shame that he’s proven all the skeptics right...

The car shown is exactly the same as the release car. So saying: “it’s just a prototype” was total BS

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2019/01/86.jpg

Saw this on Facebook

Pretty evident Chevrolet did a better supra interior than the actual supra..

My question to all the people saying “mods will fix this”

Ok so fix the interior? The wheels? Engine? Suspension?

So rebuild the whole car is what you’re saying? :lol:

I know right, mods are not going to sort the interior for a start.

I got a comment earlier that 99% of people who buy sports cars end up modding them anyway.. lol what?

The thing is a good car should not need modding before you drive it off the forecourt..

The big thing for me is that interior... its actually jolting... that is a great comparison with the C7 and MK4, the new Supra Interior is just plain awful...

One of the big things about the MK4 was the sweeping driver focused dash... it shows that Toyota have simply ignored the basics...

I dont think I have ever seen such a shambolic hyped up release of a car in all my life.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Thought i'd share my review of the car... https://www.hawkemotorsport.co.uk/Store/index.php?route=blog/blog&blog_id=47

They really missed it with this car... like by a long way.

Seems like a very one sided article.

I can't wait until the motoring press get hold of one (Chris Harris, Motortrend, top gear) it gets awarded to high heaven and everyone does a 180 on it

I can't wait until the motoring press get hold of one (Chris Harris, Motortrend, top gear) it gets awarded to high heaven and everyone does a 180 on it

The thing is everyone is entitled to their opinion, this is mine and yes i guess it is one sided, however as a MKIV owner it should be one sided... I am a Toyota owner and this is supposed to be Toyotas Flagship sports car a replacement to the MKIV, a true Toyota through and through... when Toyota annouced that BMW was "helping" (more like dictating) the development of it I started to feel it may never turn out to be the car that it should be given BMW want to keep their brand above Toyota, they always have.

Although as stated, I kept my view of it "open minded" until the proper release (just look at my previous posts on here), in the hope that Toyota were more involved then I thought they would be, but no I was right in the fact that BMW are the ones dictating what the car should be to Toyota. Why else is the new Z4 faster with more power, its so the BMW Z4 Sales wont be damaged. They will be using the Supra "name" to pull customers over to BMW as they will indirectly market the Z4 a Supra alternative (as it has the same chassis) but with more power! Its a win win for BMW and nothing but a loss for Toyota all whilst pissing on the Supra name.

I wont be doing a 180 on it, Even when I go and test drive one (which I will be doing) I doubt it will convert me enough to go and spend £52k on one. I frankly could not care what Chris Harris, Top Gear or whatever think of it. The Media just push cars they are paid to push, Toyota will supply the funds to do so like they did the GT86 and we all know the big flaw with that car.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Who said it is not a fantastic car to drive , the consensus is ,why label it a Supra when nothing distinguishes it as a Supra , nothing iconic was transferred over

The vast majority of parts are still stamped with the BMW logo and it has a 120 X 5 PCD

The BMW Z4 is a fantastic car , if I wanted to buy a Z4 I would of ; What Supra owners want, is a Supra built by Toyota , not a BMW Z4 with a Toyota badge

When I first heard of the BMW partnership I was some what excited but after the unveiling and as more specifics come out ; I am very disappointed at the high percentage of the car is just Z4 M40i with a Toyota badge

I would argue the BMW z4 is the nicer looking car

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

You`ve kind of missed the point here, it probably will drive real nice and so it should as bmw know how to make a great handling car.... but and its a big but this feature alone won`t sell it to the general public when there`s so many other great looking and handling cars out there for similar money or even cheaper, i really think toyota have ballsed up here when it could and should have been so much more, i`m 99% it`ll be a big flop and cost toyota dearly as who wants a fake supra?